+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full name confusion

Dermaiii

Sep 12, 2018
My full name in my passport is N1 N2 N3 N4, and there isn't a surname in my passport, just "name". I plan on applying for a student visa, and my acceptance letter has my surname as N3, first name as N1, N2 as middle name. So can I apply for the student visa with writing N1 N2 N3 in the surname section? Or can I write N1 as first name, N2 as middle, and N3 as surname, just like the acceptance letter?

Minh0609

Jun 6, 2014
My full name in my passport is N1 N2 N3 N4, and there isn't a surname in my passport, just "name". I plan on applying for a student visa, and my acceptance letter has my surname as N3, first name as N1, N2 as middle name. So can I apply for the student visa with writing N1 N2 N3 in the surname section? Or can I write N1 as first name, N2 as middle, and N3 as surname, just like the acceptance letter?
You should have it like how it is on your country passport. So on the form it would be your family name in the family name box, then the exact order of your given name on your passport into the given name box. Hope that helps.