fulfilling PR physical presence requirement

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
thank you for replying, i do understand i posted on multiple threads but needed an answer for this. much appreciated.

so after landing on PR, i can change province as well as JOB occupation and it won't have any issues at the time of citizenship ?
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:
  • be a permanent resident.
  • have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years.
  • have filed your taxes, if you need to.
  • pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada.
  • prove your language skills.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Team of Experts

I have one question. To maintain pr status, one should remain in canada for 730 days in last 5 years. If a person has remain outside canada for 6 months and rest of the time in canada (4 years and 6 months), is it considered to be as a very good standing of record to meet residency obligations. I have 1600 + days in canada and rest of the days i was in my home country. Exactly how many number of days present in canada by the applicant IRCC looks before renewing his or her pr card?

Thanks and regards

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So in the last 5 years, if you said "he or she" stayed in Canada for 1600 days within 5 years. That person was only outside for 225 days.
And this is EXACTLY what IRCC looks at when they get his/her PR card renewal application. Stay in Canada more than 730 days in the last 5 years.

So that person can apply and he/she is comply with the RO. Is that really your question? Am I missing something?

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
So in the last 5 years, if you said "he or she" stayed in Canada for 1600 days within 5 years. That person was only outside for 225 days.
And this is EXACTLY what IRCC looks at when they get his/her PR card renewal application. Stay in Canada more than 730 days in the last 5 years.

So that person can apply and he/she is comply with the RO. Is that really your question? Am I missing something?
Thanks YVR123 for replying.
The person stayed outside of canada for 181 days and in canada for 1644 days.