+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP Program - applied in January 2013

ad1982

Jan 8, 2013
This thread is for all those applicants who applied under FSWP Program in January 2013.

Please share your status here so that we are all together in this...

I have sent my application on January 6th 2013 & it has been received at the CIO-Sydney office.

Any one else who has applied in the same time line.

Thanks

pavlomar

Jan 10, 2013
Hi, I sent my documents on Jan 7th, 2013
It was delivered on Jan 9th.
I tried to check status of my application and there is no information yet...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
ad1982 said:
This thread is for all those applicants who applied under FSWP Program in January 2013.

I have sent my application on January 6th 2013 & it has been received at the CIO-Sydney office.

Thanks
FSWP does not re-open until May 2013. Did you apply with a job offer?
Wayne.

dark_knight

Jan 3, 2013
hey guys!

Sorry to be interfering in ur conversation, but im a kind of new, trying to find out as much info as I can.
I remember I read before that only who had a job offer or who was applying for a PHD programm could apply under the FSW category. Then I spoke to a colleague from work, who is a nurse like me, she has no job offer and she told me she was applying under FSWP program.
I remember I asked her, that I read I did not fullfil the requirements as I had not a job offer and she told me it was ok, that she did it like that and everything was going well. Meanwhile I know she got already her process done.

Well... Im gonna do my IELTS in few weeks, have no job offer yet but I was convinced I could run my application through this category.

Can u please better ilucidate me about this issue?

thank u very much

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
dark_knight said:
hey guys!

Sorry to be interfering in ur conversation, but im a kind of new, trying to find out as much info as I can.
I remember I read before that only who had a job offer or who was applying for a PHD programm could apply under the FSW category. Then I spoke to a colleague from work, who is a nurse like me, she has no job offer and she told me she was applying under FSWP program.
I remember I asked her, that I read I did not fullfil the requirements as I had not a job offer and she told me it was ok, that she did it like that and everything was going well. Meanwhile I know she got already her process done.

Well... Im gonna do my IELTS in few weeks, have no job offer yet but I was convinced I could run my application through this category.

thank u very much

Under FEDERAL skilled worker you cannot apply currently without a job offer (or under PHD program). The last time they accepted any applications for FSW without a job offer was around May 2012 before the last of the caps was full.

So I am very confused as to how your friend applied. Even under PNP, a job offer would be needed. I am sure something has been miscommunicated to you somewhere.

Anyway, without a job offer you cannot currently apply under FSW. You will be able to apply again on 4th May 2013, but be aware that there will likely be a cap of 5000 to 10000 applications or so (the exact figure has not been announced yet), and there will be a big rush. Expect heavy competition for places, since no specific NOC experience is required (just 1 year in any 0, A or B NOC).

In anticipation of being able to apply, it is certainly worth getting your supporting documentation together (IELTS results, work experience letters, University transcripts etc).

Best of luck,
Wayne.

ad1982

Jan 8, 2013
@ Cappuccino, Roshmi & HSSAN.KHALILI

Yes I have a job offer and that is why I think I am eligible under FSWP. Is this not the case?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
dark_knight said:
hey guys!

thank u very much
The process was put on hold around mid-year of 2012, your friend most probably applied before that

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ad1982 said:

Thanks
I will send in my application sometime this week or next week, will join this thread with you - I am now working in Canada on work permit with LMO, how about you?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
ad1982 said:
@ Cappuccino, Roshmi & HSSAN.KHALILI

Yes I have a job offer and that is why I think I am eligible under FSWP. Is this not the case?
Hi thanks - with a job offer FSW applications have never closed. FSWP is kinda the new term for the re-opening in May 2013 of what was FSW1, which is where people got a bit confused and we were checking you had a job offer.

We continue to remained confused as to dark_knight's post however, since he said his friend was applying with no job offer under FSW.

Wayne.

ad1982

Jan 8, 2013
itsmyid said:
I will send in my application sometime this week or next week, will join this thread with you - I am now working in Canada on work permit with LMO, how about you?
@itsmyid : Thanks for joining this thread!

I am too working in Canada on work permit. My employer has provided me a letter for arranged employment so I was confident that I could apply under FSWP.

dark_knight

Jan 3, 2013
Hey guys

appreciated your reply.

To be honest, and after I have read ur comments Id say very likely that I must have misunderstood something on my fellow's report. I will see her very soon and I will definitely find out!! however u do sound as knowing very well what u saying so... for sure I must be wrong!!

If so... my question is... Im a Critical Care Nurse, working for 12 years as a Nurse, 6 years being abroad with an important working experience, so, If I dont have a job offer, and I can not get a place on May 2013, means I will have no chances to work in Canada??

I did send few emails to some hospitals. Basically im just waiting for some feedback!! What Im trying to say is... this is the way people use to find a job offer right? Once you get a job offer, means u getting a sponsor, means the whole process from that point of view becomes much easier. Am i thinking right??

Thank you very much again guys for your help

ad1982

Jan 8, 2013
pavlomar said:
I have the same situation as you ad1982

@ pavlomar :Thanks for sharing your status. I see that you have send your application already. I have not checked my status on ecas as I did not expect it would be available so soon. Let's keep each other informed if there is any update on the application.

On a different note I wanted to discuss another issue. My work permit is expiring in April2013 and I was hoping to apply for extension . My employer is not very keen in applying for LMO extension as they are offering me permanent job.

I recently read about new program called 'Bridge Open Work Permit' on CIC website. Does any one has idea what are the time lines for this program? I did not see any thread for this in FSWP forum. It would be great if some one can shed some light on this program.

Thanks