waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-09-2015
sasquatch_23 said:
Just want to ask if Immigration Officers still ask or check about medicals sa airport? During my recent BP check kasi, medyo nasa hypertension stage yung BP ko. It used to be normal especially during MR.
I'm trying to normalize it again though without medication, just exercise and proper diet.
Thanks.
Nope, the Ca Immigration Officers won't ask about your medicals. They will just check your documents, passports, and tell you what next steps you need to do. They will assume that you have passed everything na that's why you have a visa.
Good luck!
*weeks ago na pala ito..i hope your hypertension has normalized na. ;)

truly_canadian

Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 28-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
28-01-2015
Med's Request
18-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-09-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2015
I will do my formal landing on June, and got worried when I read the post of sparkfire. It came to a point that I question myself that if it is really worth the risk of going out my comfort zone. I have decided that I will give it a try since I have gone this far. I will just prepare myself for all the challenges in order to be successful in Canada.

Thank you sparkfire for sharing your story. Halos magkasabahayan tayo ng timeline. I wish you all the best in life.

@kaythrielle, +1 for you. I felt relieve by your post.

sparkfire

Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014 (DIY)
sasquatch_23 said:
Hope it's an April fools trick. ;) ;)
Oh april fools pla dyan dito ksi when I wrote it mar 31 plang.

Kmusta sasquatch?

If you have right skill set then you are good to go. IT are doing okay here, I think sila pinaka me chance.

Just go here first or go as a family but set a floor and ceiling limit based on money and time you are willing to invest. I did everything all at the same time bridge school, work, etc. I go home 2am from work and Pag may school mga 10pm. Was able to do this coz I was on my own and I'm not malungkutin and was very busy. Sa days walang school or work me mga job fair, job development workshops, aoplyin online. Never had a break/rest in my 4mos here, it was a wonderful experience specially the winter.

Kaya nyo yan lalo n mga nsa IT. I know of a couple no kids yet, both worked as cleaners for 4mos and the husband got a break in IT. Also, another then sa bank nman.

Good luck kaya nyo yan. OK dito basta wag piliin ng work as I said I got 2 jobs in 2-4 weeks time. Just do the math income and expenses plus stress weigh it against what you do/are back home.

Basta punta kayo dito okay n weather but I loved winter.

hopeful2015

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Then this is good news for those who were denied PR! Still, 4 months is not enough, Spark. Sometimes success comes right after that feeling of epic failure. You have to go back. Puwede pa naman eh. It's not the end of your journey. When you get to see your kids growing up, maiisip mo pa rin ang Canada. Think twice...again!

sparkfire said:
Kmusta sa lahat,

I Dont know if anybody still reads this forum, but i just thought its worth to drop by and update everyone. I landed early Dec and in 2 weeks I found a job, survival semi-laborer job. I also enrolled in bridge training and have exhaust all newcomer services available. I traveled to so many places (for work) and mabilis akong nka adapt sa Toronto. All the people na nkita ang ginagawa kong effort says I'm lucky and on the right track. bUT, I am going home.

All the things you hear about Canada or in my case Toronto is true, life is a never ending struggle here. When you come here, look at the faces na mga andito and you will see how stress and tired they are. They live all their lives paycheck to paycheck. Napupunta sa rent or mortgage (if you are lucky), insurance, food, clothes(4seasons dito so expect you will buy plenty), mobile and internet(expensive here) etc etc.

Pag dating nyo here, ask people who been long enough kahit anong lahi, if they are okay with their decision to migrate and I tell you 9 out of 10 will tell you they are not. I did a random back reading dito, and I see that some seem okay but read very closely to the kind of work na ginagawa nila dito. This is how I put it, "THERE IS NO SKILLED SHORTAGE IN CANADA, WHAT CANADA NEEDS ARE LABORERS." Truth hurts but yan ang totoo and if being a laborer if fine good and well for you then Canada is for you. It will offer of good healthcare and security. But to say that we are needed as skilled workers is the biggest lie of the Canadian government. For 1 single job ad here they say 1000 resumes are received.

Blatant propaganda ang immigration, its a big business here, ilan ba ang applicant na nag submit multiply that by fees, how much we have to bring in to settle, the suppose to be "bridge" "certifications" we pay to take. Prang immigrants na ang bumubuhay sa Canada. Oo alam natin na mahirap mag Simula pero Hindi lang sa Simula hanggan dulo, marami kayong ma meet na all their lives nag struggle sa Canada waiting for that big break that will never come.

No regrets for us cause there were no heads unturned we gave it our best, we toiled, we mixed, we network, we canadianized ourselves but we just had the foresight that years of struggling will not be worth it if (please take note) we already have a good life in the Philippines. We will just go weary and torn. Ang problem sa pilipinas govt sa Canada stress, never having enough even to save and less career fulfillment or none at all.

I am not posting this to discourage anyone, by all means go so you won't have a what if, I want to share my keen observation and discernment of the big lies that there is a shortage of "skilled" labor in Canada. Dont bother with your education or work credentials, they will not ask for it from you, there is a 95% chance you will work in factory, retail, restaurant/food and other menial jobs that is dead end. If somehow you manage to struggle and study, you would have missed important growing years of your kids who when have grown up will kick you.

Going here change my perspective of people in abroad, now I know how much struggle and trapped they are. They live their lives in constant stress you could see it in their swollen eye bugs and wrinkled face. They all look sad and lonely.

But, its also true that Canada has good infrastructure, government service such as healthcare etc etc. But another lie is their free public education, yon montessori nursery sa tin eh senior kinder ata tinuturo dito. Come here and check everything and find out if what I'm saying is true or not.

I'm just glad I land first at least we have a choice and not feel trap here. 4months is more than enough for me to know that if I stay long it will leave me numb, and will lose my self in this mundane cueshe. I should have left on my 2nd month but I wanted to give Canada benefit of the doubt.

Before, when I am asked what's your biggest blunder and i can't think of any, now my top of the mind answer is, being stubborn to think that Canada is what the govt and Canadians pretend it to be. For a moment I believe but the better of me woke me up and I humbled my self to my judgment of error.

Good luck to all you!

Note, sorry for errors in grammar and spelling Dont have time to re read.

sparkfire

Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014 (DIY)
kaythrielle said:
Sparkfire, i'm sorry to hear that Canada isn't what you expected it to be.
To those who are still processing their application, DM na, etc, and are still not here...please do take note of his post. It is really an eye opener. It is true. This is not to discourage you but to make you aware of a reality here in Canada.

I had met people from Dubai, India, Mexico, Russia, different professions and different ages from a workshop I attended for newcomers here. Mga matataas na positions nila at anlalaki na ng mga sweldo sa mga pinanggalingang bansa.
Mga senior engineers, senior project managers, etc. who have to downplay their skills sa resume para hindi ma-overqualify. They have to apply for jobs way below their skills, salaries lower than what they used to get. Because they cannot apply for high positions kasi new immigrants. Dapat daw mag-start sa entry level. Importante dito yung "Canadian experience" and references. So networking is also very important here. And these people I met, they have been looking for work around 6months na.

However, it doesn't mean that ALL immigrants have the same story. I think it also depends on the profession and a lot of other factors. I'll tell abit of my story. We landed late September 2015 from Singapore. My husband got a job offer on November. Pero it was a 1month process, from phone interview, to personal/panel interview, then the offer. He is doing the same work (IT) as what he was doing back in Singapore, in one of the big banks here in Canada (office is in Toronto). We were able to buy a car which we couldn't do in singapore coz it's expensive! Now we are looking around to buy a townhouse, which is an upgrade compared to the 2br HDB unit we bought in sg. As for me, i'm looking at doing volunteering muna to build my resume and references, maybe take a short course. After all, I have been a housewife for quite some time.

Why I am telling all this? it is to show that different immigrants have different stories to tell. Now you aspirants have two stories to look at. Whatever you read or hear, you can take it with a grain of salt if you want. But learn from it; it doesn't mean we'll experience the same things. Come here, make your own story to tell for future immigrants. Whether you'll like Canada or not, it is up to you. But come here well prepared, well-equipped at madaming baon -- na lakas at tibay ng loob, dasal at maraming pera ;D ;D i am emphasizing on this kasi mahal dito.

Sparkfire, i really admire your inner strength. i can imagine it wasn't easy for you as well to come up with this decision, going back..you deserve the best, you and your family. :)

& Good luck to all Pinoy aspirants! :) ;)
Thank you for confirming my post that its true.

Buying a car here is so easy and very cheap, ang 2nd hand sta.fe na hyundai here is almost 40%cheaper, I know cause yan ang car ko sa pilipinas. One of our plans was to buy a condo here pra walang naming utang or mortgage yan ang pinaka mura dito but bec of the situation here I did not push with that plan. Apt/condo here meron mga 150-220k is affordable then you will get child benefits highest I think is around 629.

IT work is good here. Ang mahirap sa min Kasi we have a choice and if weigh point by point walang panalo ang Canada except for govt social services na ang pilipinas will never have in our lifetime.

Just today I met a 66yo pinay, she cleans house of rich people making $18 per hour she's been doing it for 10years and masaya ako sa kanya Kasi di nya earn yon sa Pilipinas.

I also met a couple IT yon husband multinational company, in 3mos nkakuha sya ng IT work with Scotia bank. Now they bought a condo and and terms nila is 30years or 25years ata in short until 62-67 yo pay nila yon.

Preference tlaga itong Canada but my point is walang shortage ng skilled workers dito and to assess us sa respective NOC natin is plain and simple deception. I Dont want to be in connivance with this whole system na magbubulabulgan na meron shortage sa mga NOC natin(not all take note). Dun Kasi Mali eh, if IT lang ang shortage then yon lang dapat ang NoC na papasukin nila, Hindi yon they will make you believe me shortage. Hinagaw nilang negosyo ang pagiging immigrant. Pag dating nyo dito you'll see what I mean.

sparkfire

Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014 (DIY)
hopeful2015 said:
Then this is good news for those who were denied PR! Still, 4 months is not enough, Spark. Sometimes success comes right after that feeling of epic failure. You have to go back. Puwede pa naman eh. It's not the end of your journey. When you get to see your kids growing up, maiisip mo pa rin ang Canada. Think twice...again!
Hi hopeful kmusta? Nka land na ba kayo? Jump na.

Ganyan rin joke namin eh, na Sana di nlng approve hahaha...

Mga bata dito Hindi nakikipag usap...when I came here it was a strategy na mag land ng Dec, merriest time of the year di ba? I thought maraming gatherings and people are happy and it worked. In my first week dami Kong nkilala family ibat ibang lahi , i got a chance to go to their apt, house and glimpse their Canadian life. You know what? Mga anak nila ang conversation lng is hi, hello, good-bye. They need to turn on TV kundi walang inggay sa bahay. Ask nyo mga kakilala nyo dito kids here keep to themselves, and mga baby/kids na bata tulala lagi, ksi nga lumaki sila na pasa pasa lng sa baby sitter or daycare. Pag kuha nila sa bata pagod na rin ang parents. Public education here sa 4yo is singing dancing arts and crafts. Ang mga pinoy na magalang na nag sasabihin na madali ang turo dito coz ang build nila is self confidence not academic excellence.

I Dont feel I failed. I am at peace with my/our decision. 4mos is enough for me to know that I will only sleep in Canada at most 5hrs for eternity. Again, nothing wrong or right about this kanya kanyang preference. But to say that it is a failure no, I came to observe to check if this is good for us, kya nga kahit winter nag punta ako. We research, we plan, we execute, we implement ,we assess and now we are redesigning again, re-calibrate kung baga.

Winter ako nagpunta ako research ko yon school/training na kunin ko and Jan ang start so school agad ako, and strategy nga to network & observe during Xmas holiday. Sobrang research kami, sobrang plan, and lahat implement ko, and upon assessment it doesn't fit.

Lahat tayo may kanya kanya strategy, me threshold to assess where we are in our implementation, nakakatawa apply ko ang 6sigma dito.

I Dont have a what if, or regret(except.for financial sympre), I am at peace with my/our decision.

hopeful2015

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
sparkfire said:
Hi hopeful kmusta? Nka land na ba kayo? Jump na.

Ganyan rin joke namin eh, na Sana di nlng approve hahaha...

Mga bata dito Hindi nakikipag usap...when I came here it was a strategy na mag land ng Dec, merriest time of the year di ba? I thought maraming gatherings and people are happy and it worked. In my first week dami Kong nkilala family ibat ibang lahi , i got a chance to go to their apt, house and glimpse their Canadian life. You know what? Mga anak nila ang conversation lng is hi, hello, good-bye. They need to turn on TV kundi walang inggay sa bahay. Ask nyo mga kakilala nyo dito kids here keep to themselves, and mga baby/kids na bata tulala lagi, ksi nga lumaki sila na pasa pasa lng sa baby sitter or daycare. Pag kuha nila sa bata pagod na rin ang parents. Public education here sa 4yo is singing dancing arts and crafts. Ang mga pinoy na magalang na nag sasabihin na madali ang turo dito coz ang build nila is self confidence not academic excellence.

I Dont feel I failed. I am at peace with my/our decision. 4mos is enough for me to know that I will only sleep in Canada at most 5hrs for eternity. Again, nothing wrong or right about this kanya kanyang preference. But to say that it is a failure no, I came to observe to check if this is good for us, kya nga kahit winter nag punta ako. We research, we plan, we execute, we implement ,we assess and now we are redesigning again, re-calibrate kung baga.

Winter ako nagpunta ako research ko yon school/training na kunin ko and Jan ang start so school agad ako, and strategy nga to network & observe during Xmas holiday. Sobrang research kami, sobrang plan, and lahat implement ko, and upon assessment it doesn't fit.

Lahat tayo may kanya kanya strategy, me threshold to assess where we are in our implementation, nakakatawa apply ko ang 6sigma dito.

I Dont have a what if, or regret(except.for financial sympre), I am at peace with my/our decision.
That's good. I'm sure it was a decision you have been thinking more than thrice. At least, you are there and get to experience things yourself. This may be the story of many immigrants, but there are still good stories out there from the rest. Whatever it is, I think it is still worth a try.

Do you have your PR card, Spark? What's your Plan B?

toinks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2014
Nomination.....
October 2014
sparkfire said:
Kmusta sa lahat,

I Dont know if anybody still reads this forum, but i just thought its worth to drop by and update everyone. I landed early Dec and in 2 weeks I found a job, survival semi-laborer job. I also enrolled in bridge training and have exhaust all newcomer services available. I traveled to so many places (for work) and mabilis akong nka adapt sa Toronto. All the people na nkita ang ginagawa kong effort says I'm lucky and on the right track. bUT, I am going home.

All the things you hear about Canada or in my case Toronto is true, life is a never ending struggle here. When you come here, look at the faces na mga andito and you will see how stress and tired they are. They live all their lives paycheck to paycheck. Napupunta sa rent or mortgage (if you are lucky), insurance, food, clothes(4seasons dito so expect you will buy plenty), mobile and internet(expensive here) etc etc.

Pag dating nyo here, ask people who been long enough kahit anong lahi, if they are okay with their decision to migrate and I tell you 9 out of 10 will tell you they are not. I did a random back reading dito, and I see that some seem okay but read very closely to the kind of work na ginagawa nila dito. This is how I put it, "THERE IS NO SKILLED SHORTAGE IN CANADA, WHAT CANADA NEEDS ARE LABORERS." Truth hurts but yan ang totoo and if being a laborer if fine good and well for you then Canada is for you. It will offer of good healthcare and security. But to say that we are needed as skilled workers is the biggest lie of the Canadian government. For 1 single job ad here they say 1000 resumes are received.

Blatant propaganda ang immigration, its a big business here, ilan ba ang applicant na nag submit multiply that by fees, how much we have to bring in to settle, the suppose to be "bridge" "certifications" we pay to take. Prang immigrants na ang bumubuhay sa Canada. Oo alam natin na mahirap mag Simula pero Hindi lang sa Simula hanggan dulo, marami kayong ma meet na all their lives nag struggle sa Canada waiting for that big break that will never come.

No regrets for us cause there were no heads unturned we gave it our best, we toiled, we mixed, we network, we canadianized ourselves but we just had the foresight that years of struggling will not be worth it if (please take note) we already have a good life in the Philippines. We will just go weary and torn. Ang problem sa pilipinas govt sa Canada stress, never having enough even to save and less career fulfillment or none at all.

I am not posting this to discourage anyone, by all means go so you won't have a what if, I want to share my keen observation and discernment of the big lies that there is a shortage of "skilled" labor in Canada. Dont bother with your education or work credentials, they will not ask for it from you, there is a 95% chance you will work in factory, retail, restaurant/food and other menial jobs that is dead end. If somehow you manage to struggle and study, you would have missed important growing years of your kids who when have grown up will kick you.

Going here change my perspective of people in abroad, now I know how much struggle and trapped they are. They live their lives in constant stress you could see it in their swollen eye bugs and wrinkled face. They all look sad and lonely.

But, its also true that Canada has good infrastructure, government service such as healthcare etc etc. But another lie is their free public education, yon montessori nursery sa tin eh senior kinder ata tinuturo dito. Come here and check everything and find out if what I'm saying is true or not.

I'm just glad I land first at least we have a choice and not feel trap here. 4months is more than enough for me to know that if I stay long it will leave me numb, and will lose my self in this mundane cueshe. I should have left on my 2nd month but I wanted to give Canada benefit of the doubt.

Before, when I am asked what's your biggest blunder and i can't think of any, now my top of the mind answer is, being stubborn to think that Canada is what the govt and Canadians pretend it to be. For a moment I believe but the better of me woke me up and I humbled my self to my judgment of error.

Good luck to all you!

I feel you sparkfire. There's a lot of truth in here. I landed here in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and mahirap talaga. BUT, I see this all coming. Sabi mo nga iba iba tayo ng preference sa buhay and if you think na mas magiging ok yong buhay mo sa pinas, then go for it. If sakali magbago isip mo, you can come back in Canada anytime since may PR card ka na (since 4 mos ka na dito). Goodluck and godbless. Baka mamiss mo bigla Canada paguwi mo, sobrang init daw sa pinas ngayon. :)

kaythrielle

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014 CC charged: 17-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received: 28-10-2014
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015 (3rd Line ECAS: 24-03-2015)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-09-2015
sparkfire said:
Thank you for confirming my post that its true.

Buying a car here is so easy and very cheap, ang 2nd hand sta.fe na hyundai here is almost 40%cheaper, I know cause yan ang car ko sa pilipinas. One of our plans was to buy a condo here pra walang naming utang or mortgage yan ang pinaka mura dito but bec of the situation here I did not push with that plan. Apt/condo here meron mga 150-220k is affordable then you will get child benefits highest I think is around 629.

IT work is good here. Ang mahirap sa min Kasi we have a choice and if weigh point by point walang panalo ang Canada except for govt social services na ang pilipinas will never have in our lifetime.

Just today I met a 66yo pinay, she cleans house of rich people making $18 per hour she's been doing it for 10years and masaya ako sa kanya Kasi di nya earn yon sa Pilipinas.

I also met a couple IT yon husband multinational company, in 3mos nkakuha sya ng IT work with Scotia bank. Now they bought a condo and and terms nila is 30years or 25years ata in short until 62-67 yo pay nila yon.

Preference tlaga itong Canada but my point is walang shortage ng skilled workers dito and to assess us sa respective NOC natin is plain and simple deception. I Dont want to be in connivance with this whole system na magbubulabulgan na meron shortage sa mga NOC natin(not all take note). Dun Kasi Mali eh, if IT lang ang shortage then yon lang dapat ang NoC na papasukin nila, Hindi yon they will make you believe me shortage. Hinagaw nilang negosyo ang pagiging immigrant. Pag dating nyo dito you'll see what I mean.
Yup! Car here is waayy cheaper because it's a necessity. i'm also comparing it to the car prices in singapore na sobrang mahal dahil may addtl COE pa on top of the overpriced car. And yes, ganun naman din talaga if you buy a property..whether here, in singapore (the hdb unit we bought 25 years to pay yun), and even in pinas talagang 30 or 25 years to pay...unless of course can afford to buy properties in cash, then that would be great.

I attended an ELT program for immigrants, kakatapos lang three weeks ago. It's to provide Canadian workplace culture training, job employment preparation, mentorship, etc, and there's job placement at the end mga 6-8 weeks.for free. For "canadian experience" daw and reference. still waiting for my placement, though.
**by the way, those who will be coming here or are already here, maybe try to go to those workshops, the govt provide those for newcomers.for free.**
Anyway, naalala ko lang sa mga comments mo, they're the very same sentiments of all my classmates there. Kaya i understand what you're saying. You don't want to waste your time anymore because for you it's not worth it. Knowing when to walk away is wisdom, ika nga. And just like what toinks said, you can always come back if you change your mind.

To those who are still contemplating or papunta pa lng dito, not all immigrants have the same story. Actually most nga ng pinoys i've met have positive experiences eh.
Again, good luck to all! Keep Positive! :) :) :)

zaynahdream

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Interview........
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
kaythrielle said:
Yup! Car here is waayy cheaper because it's a necessity. i'm also comparing it to the car prices in singapore na sobrang mahal dahil may addtl COE pa on top of the overpriced car. And yes, ganun naman din talaga if you buy a property..whether here, in singapore (the hdb unit we bought 25 years to pay yun), and even in pinas talagang 30 or 25 years to pay...unless of course can afford to buy properties in cash, then that would be great.

I attended an ELT program for immigrants, kakatapos lang three weeks ago. It's to provide Canadian workplace culture training, job employment preparation, mentorship, etc, and there's job placement at the end mga 6-8 weeks.for free. For "canadian experience" daw and reference. still waiting for my placement, though.
**by the way, those who will be coming here or are already here, maybe try to go to those workshops, the govt provide those for newcomers.for free.**
Anyway, naalala ko lang sa mga comments mo, they're the very same sentiments of all my classmates there. Kaya i understand what you're saying. You don't want to waste your time anymore because for you it's not worth it. Knowing when to walk away is wisdom, ika nga. And just like what toinks said, you can always come back if you change your mind.

To those who are still contemplating or papunta pa lng dito, not all immigrants have the same story. Actually most nga ng pinoys i've met have positive experiences eh.

very positive +1 for you

sparkfire

Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014 (DIY)
toinks said:
I feel you sparkfire. There's a lot of truth in here. I landed here in Toronto a couple of weeks ago and mahirap talaga. BUT, I see this all coming. Sabi mo nga iba iba tayo ng preference sa buhay and if you think na mas magiging ok yong buhay mo sa pinas, then go for it. If sakali magbago isip mo, you can come back in Canada anytime since may PR card ka na (since 4 mos ka na dito). Goodluck and godbless. Baka mamiss mo bigla Canada paguwi mo, sobrang init daw sa pinas ngayon. :)
Yes I will miss the weather. Mild and weird daw yon winter this year kya yaya ngustuhan ko. Luckily wala akong pasok nun nag freezing rain nun holy Thursday ata yon.

Sakto ng 4mos dumating PR card ko but I follow up 2x nun ikaw 60days I suggest you check processong time ng PR card then follow up.

sparkfire

Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014 (DIY)
kaythrielle said:

Did you take the ELT with tdb? Those interested in free ELT offered yan ng Toronto district board, just google ELT 14weeks yon 6weeks placement unpaid. You need clb 7, Kya take CLB agad with YMCA.

Google nyo bridge training for internationally trained professionals you pay a little (or as high as$5000 ata depends on what course)sa mga programs nato then sign a bursary possible n ma reimburse kayo.

toinks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2014
Nomination.....
October 2014
sparkfire said:
Yes I will miss the weather. Mild and weird daw yon winter this year kya yaya ngustuhan ko. Luckily wala akong pasok nun nag freezing rain nun holy Thursday ata yon.

Sakto ng 4mos dumating PR card ko but I follow up 2x nun ikaw 60days I suggest you check processong time ng PR card then follow up.
Thanks sa tips sparkfire. The last time I check the processing time of PR card, it says 49 days. Pero pabago bago, depende sa dami ng applicants. It's too early to worry pa naman, pero cge sundin ko advice mo to follow up pag nglapse yong araw ng processing. Salamats. Ingats and godbless sa career. Btw, re ELT, instead na mgtake ako ng CLB, ok na ba yong IELTS? sabi kasi sa YMCA may mga organizations daw na nag-accept na ng IELTS. Maraming salamats.

kaythrielle

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014 CC charged: 17-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received: 28-10-2014
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015 (3rd Line ECAS: 24-03-2015)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-09-2015
@sparkfire
sa Polycultural ako umattend :) yun kasi may malapit na branch sa amin. Bridging programs I haven't tried yet.

Armando Jose

Sep 3, 2015
Hi Sparkfire,

Our family just got our PR visas this Jan and we are planning to land there this June. The main reason why we decided to pursue the Canadian Dream is to provide a brighter future for our kids (peaceful environment, government that works, clean air, etc.). Just like you, we are living a relatively comfortable life here in the Philippines. My wife and I are senior executives in our own industries. We have our own house, drive 2 SUVs, travel abroad several times a year and our kids study at the best schools. Though we are living comfortably now, my wife and I didn't have well-off families. The success that we have now is because of our sweat, blood and tears. In short, we had to work hard to be able to get to where we are right now.

Are we prepared to lose everything and start again from zero when we move to Canada? Yes, but we are confident that even if we start from scratch, as long as we are willing to sacrifice, work hard and have faith in ourselves and God, we can replicate the success that we have.

We have talked to friends and relatives and they have confirmed that it is true that there are many Filipinos who have failed. These are mostly Pinoys who are born wealthy or those who have never experienced working hard to achieve their dreams. They are the ones who easily give up.

But, there are also many success stories. You are right that some Pinoys take years to be able to get back on their feet again. I have classmates who started out working in offices not as office workers but as janitors. They are now VPs in their respective companies. How long did it take them to reach this level? It took them more than 10 years. If they gave up after a year, they would not have achieved this. You are also right in saying that their employers did not take into consideration their educational background or their previous work experience in the Phils. What the the companies saw instead were their attitude and their willingness to work hard.

It is unfortunate that the Canadian dream did not turn out to be a dream for you; but for the others planning to go please keep the faith. Success knows no boundaries for people who believe in themselves and who are willing to sacrifice for their families. It doesn't matter whether you're in Toronto, Vancouver or Manila.

sparkfire said:
Kmusta sa lahat,

Good luck to all you!