Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25th FEB 2016(CEM); 9th MAR 2016(SGVO); Submitted: 14th MAR 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 21st MAR 2016; VOH: 24th Mar 2016
LANDED..........
In His perfect time
Hi everybody. I've been researching on canada's economic outlook for the next 2 years and the forecasts are not very pretty. A huge part of Canada's economy is built on oil, and oil prices are very low this time. According to economic experts in my google searches, oil prices is not going up anytime soon. And with rising demands for hybrid cars and other source of energy, oil prices might even decrease further.

I even saw the loonie (Canadian dollar) drop from C$1=Php40 when we first sent our application, to C$1=Php33+ in the early parts of 2016.

Now I can't help but ask myself.. "Am I really sure I want to move to canada?" "Is canada still a good place to be settled with my family?" "How will the recession affect immigrants in Ca?" "With unemployment rates increasing, how will it affect my job hunting?" "I am stable right where I am now, will I find stability in canada too?"

To those who have landed, is it difficult to find a job? part time job? starting out jobs?

To those who have been permanent residents for a long time, what are your experiences regarding the effects of the current slowing down of the economy?

To those who are waiting for their visas, pls share your thoughts.

Right now, I think the best thing to do is to pray hard and to just trust God.

Armando Jose

Sep 3, 2015
ambrosio said:
Hi everybody. I've been researching on canada's economic outlook for the next 2 years and the forecasts are not very pretty. A huge part of Canada's economy is built on oil, and oil prices are very low this time. According to economic experts in my google searches, oil prices is not going up anytime soon. And with rising demands for hybrid cars and other source of energy, oil prices might even decrease further.

I even saw the loonie (Canadian dollar) drop from C$1=Php40 when we first sent our application, to C$1=Php33+ in the early parts of 2016.

Now I can't help but ask myself.. "Am I really sure I want to move to canada?" "Is canada still a good place to be settled with my family?" "How will the recession affect immigrants in Ca?" "With unemployment rates increasing, how will it affect my job hunting?" "I am stable right where I am now, will I find stability in canada too?"

To those who have landed, is it difficult to find a job? part time job? starting out jobs?

To those who have been permanent residents for a long time, what are your experiences regarding the effects of the current slowing down of the economy?

Hi Ambrosio,

What is your current work? Is your profession directly related to oil/gas production? I had the same questions which i brought up to my friend who has been a citizen for about 7 years already. According to him, it's true that oil dependent professions/industries are in the red. He said that these companies have been closing or have been laying off employees; but as of the moment these are restricted only to oil dependent jobs. As for my industry (insurance), it is relatively unaffected. I believe this also holds true for IT and healthcare You can try looking at workopolis or jobbank to confirm that companies are still hiring. My friend believes (although of course this is his personal opinion, btw he is already a a VP in a financial services company) that Canada is resilient enough to withstand the current challenges in the global economy. If you look back, Canada was one of the few countries who remained stable in the face of the global financial crisis last 2008.

What is your primary purpose in wanting to move to Canada? Personally, my wife and I have decided to move there in order to ensure a brighter future for our kids. It is really not for us but for our kids. Do you think your kids will have a better life here? if yes, by all means stay. I'll be turning 40 this year and throughout my life, all i can hear are empty promises by our government. It has been 30 yrs since the EDSA revolution and it seems that our country has not changed a bit. Politicians are still stealing (heck, another Marcos can be the next VP), infrastructure and basic services are still lacking and can you imagine how traffic will be like 10 years from now given that there is actually no master plan or should i say no plan at all to address this. Some may say that change should begin with ourselves and that we are traitors because but we have decided to run instead of doing our share to help. But, believe me, I tried. I always tell my wife that the streets of Metro Manila is a microcosm of our country. As long as most drivers do not learn how to give way to others, as long as there are
kotong cops preying on hapless motorists and as long as there is no clear plan to solve the traffic mess we will not see real development in our country. Maybe not in our lifetime or even our kids' lifetime. Now I ask you, ten years, twenty years or even fifty years from now, where do you think will your family have a better future? Ultimately, only you can answer that question.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
So...DFA denied our request for urgent passport renewal kasi hindi naman daw OFW. ::)

Does anyone know how long it will take for CEM to respond for a passport submission extension request?
I already sent the email to CEM, but the auto-reply says the standard for receiving a reply is 28 days. :eek: By then, tapos na yung deadline namin at wala pa kaming new passports. Past the 30-day deadline pa kasi yung renewal schedule namin sa DFA.

nem2014

Jan 31, 2016
bellaluna said:
So...DFA denied our request for urgent passport renewal kasi hindi naman daw OFW. ::)

Does anyone know how long it will take for CEM to respond for a passport submission extension request?
I already sent the email to CEM, but the auto-reply says the standard for receiving a reply is 28 days. :eek: By then, tapos na yung deadline namin at wala pa kaming new passports. Past the 30-day deadline pa kasi yung renewal schedule namin sa DFA.
Hi..recently nag-send ako ng email inquiry CEM, though sa auto-reply is w/n 28 days, pero in 3 days naka-receive naman ako agad ng feedback. in few days sasagot agad sa u yun..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
nem2014 said:
Hi..recently nag-send ako ng email inquiry CEM, though sa auto-reply is w/n 28 days, pero in 3 days naka-receive naman ako agad ng feedback. in few days sasagot agad sa u yun..
Phew! Thank you so much! :) +1

RPeralta

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014 cc charged: 10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
PER 21-10-2014; Processing: 18-12-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
11-01-2016
ambrosio said:

Hi Ambrosio,

Have landed with family in Calgary for a month now. Happy to share my experience...

I had a very good paying job in Dubai but turned my back aiming for a 'brighter' future in Canada--for my kids and for my husband. To be honest, the move was not for me, but basically for them. I am a Construction Estimator and I know right off the bat that I will be struggling for quite a while whilst they enjoy Canada. I was not wrong. I have seen all of these happening. Ang hirap kumuha ng job sa field ko kahit hindi naman regulated ang NOC ko. Pero in His goodness, naka 2 na kong interview. Ibig sabihin, buhay naman ang economy, hindi nga lang sa oil and gas.

Si hubby, 2nd day pa lang, may work na as a Room Attendant. Naka 2 na nga syang jobs kasi mas maganda ang benefits nung latter offer sa kanya so he resigned right away sa 1st job. Sya ang in demand dito (Roomboy talaga ang career nya ever since). Kung susumahin, kaya na nya kaming buhayin sa salary nya, pero break even nga lang.

The kids, 17 and 10, are enjoying the 'free' Catholic Schools. They were accommodated immediately regardless of the time of the year na nag-enroll sila. Walking distance lang sa bahay ang schools nila so talagang no expenses kundi ang packed lunch lang (school advises to bring your own food instead of buying from the cafeteria).

Mura ang bahay compared sa Dubai. A 2BR basement is now costing us CAD750, all utilities included na to ha. Sa dubai, pang bedspace lang yang presyong yan.

Kung di ka naman talaga pihikan sa odd jobs habang nagsisimula, madami dito like cashier, cleaner, housekeeping, food attendant, etc.

I feel you. Ang hirap gumawa ng desisyon kapag malaki ang pakakawalan mo. Pero kung ang priority mo ay ang future ng kids, then fly in here. Iba talaga ang exposure ng nakapag-aral sa 1st world school. Malaki pa ang opportunities nila to get hired after finishing college. Mahirap pero you have to weigh your priorities.

Best of luck.

RPeralta

keroboy12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
included in the application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
received by VO 11.24.14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
sent to VO 12.17.14
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 01.10.15
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
ambrosio said:

Hi ambrosio,

Been here to Canada (saskatoon) for 8months, and everything is running smoothly. I know mahirap ngayon humanap ng trabaho specially its winter here. I dont know if i would consider this a success but in a months time, i already got a job, customer service sa canadian tire and after 3 months, i applied at payless as assistant manager and luckily i got the job. Reason. For sharing this, broaden your horizons. I know most of us have a good job way back in our country and minsan kung iisipin mo nakakadegrade kasi back to square 1 lahat pag dating mo dito. Pero konting tiis lng, eventually you will get the position youve wanted. Experience kasi ang hinahanap ng mga employers.

Soon you will get your visas and you will receive emails regarding sa mga seminars. Please make sure you attend all the seminars as what to expect here. One thing i love the most is creating your resume and cover letter. Eto ang magiging weapon mo to your job hunting.

pumaca

May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore - Transferred to Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs L7.5, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
02-03-2014
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
no hahanapin ung actual card. that's fine pag dumating ung card sa pinas pa courier mo na lang sa ca.

Armando Jose said:
Hi, I still do not have the ID card yet for the license since it was out of stock when i renewed my license. Is this okay? Will the Certification letter alone suffice? Thanks.

pumaca

May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore - Transferred to Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs L7.5, R7.5, W7, S7
File Transfer...
02-03-2014
Med's Request
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
thanks for sharing your experience. :) mejo mahirap talaga ngayn kasi down tlaga ang economy. in HIS time.

RPeralta said:
Hi Ambrosio,

Have landed with family in Calgary for a month now. Happy to share my experience...

I had a very good paying job in Dubai but turned my back aiming for a 'brighter' future in Canada--for my kids and for my husband. To be honest, the move was not for me, but basically for them. I am a Construction Estimator and I know right off the bat that I will be struggling for quite a while whilst they enjoy Canada. I was not wrong. I have seen all of these happening. Ang hirap kumuha ng job sa field ko kahit hindi naman regulated ang NOC ko. Pero in His goodness, naka 2 na kong interview. Ibig sabihin, buhay naman ang economy, hindi nga lang sa oil and gas.

Si hubby, 2nd day pa lang, may work na as a Room Attendant. Naka 2 na nga syang jobs kasi mas maganda ang benefits nung latter offer sa kanya so he resigned right away sa 1st job. Sya ang in demand dito (Roomboy talaga ang career nya ever since). Kung susumahin, kaya na nya kaming buhayin sa salary nya, pero break even nga lang.

The kids, 17 and 10, are enjoying the 'free' Catholic Schools. They were accommodated immediately regardless of the time of the year na nag-enroll sila. Walking distance lang sa bahay ang schools nila so talagang no expenses kundi ang packed lunch lang (school advises to bring your own food instead of buying from the cafeteria).

Mura ang bahay compared sa Dubai. A 2BR basement is now costing us CAD750, all utilities included na to ha. Sa dubai, pang bedspace lang yang presyong yan.

Kung di ka naman talaga pihikan sa odd jobs habang nagsisimula, madami dito like cashier, cleaner, housekeeping, food attendant, etc.

I feel you. Ang hirap gumawa ng desisyon kapag malaki ang pakakawalan mo. Pero kung ang priority mo ay ang future ng kids, then fly in here. Iba talaga ang exposure ng nakapag-aral sa 1st world school. Malaki pa ang opportunities nila to get hired after finishing college. Mahirap pero you have to weigh your priorities.

Best of luck.

RPeralta

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Nakalagay sa PPR galing sa CEM na kailangang 12 months validity yung passport.
Tatanggapin ba nila pag less than 12 months ang natitira sa passport?

Nangugulit na yung mga kamag-anak ko. :( May renewal schedule na kami sa passport pero after the 30 day deadline pa. Nag-email na ako sa CEM na i-extend para bagong passports na lang ang ipapadala, pero wala pa silang reply sa akin.

Thinking if we should send the old passports na lang to CEM.

yimindaojianada

May 29, 2015
Yesterday, my wife(principal applicant) received a letter from CIC re PPR. Now, our docs(pictures and letter) and passports are ready for delivery but we got confused with the directions on how and where to send the docs. We were only given the link to the VAC website so we figured that we should send it to their office in Chino Roces Makati through courier since we are based in the province. However, we heard from a friend before ( we could not contact her anymore) that we will be paying something for the delivery of passports and other docs back to us. Where can we find the instructions for this please? Grateful for any assistance we can get. We are still waiting for the reply from the VAC since we only sent the inquiry e-mail this weekend.

ian_amiel

Feb 2, 2015
Angeles City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
Doc's Request.
19-05-2015 (Add'l information on personal history and POF)
IELTS Request
Included in initial application
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
23-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 DM: 29-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015 Delivered: 04-09-2015
LANDED..........
Mid October 2015
Kamusta po mga ka fsw?

4 months na dito sa Edmonton and going steady.

I hope na maraming good news po ang natatanggap ninyo mga forum mates.

and, sino po sa mga 2015 or earlier batch ang nag settle po dito sa Edmonton area?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Since we're renewing the passports after PPR, should we only send the new passports to VAC/CEM, or both previous (which was used in the application) and new passports?

Karbanah

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
yimindaojianada said:
Yesterday, my wife(principal applicant) received a letter from CIC re PPR. Now, our docs(pictures and letter) and passports are ready for delivery but we got confused with the directions on how and where to send the docs. We were only given the link to the VAC website so we figured that we should send it to their office in Chino Roces Makati through courier since we are based in the province. However, we heard from a friend before ( we could not contact her anymore) that we will be paying something for the delivery of passports and other docs back to us. Where can we find the instructions for this please? Grateful for any assistance we can get. We are still waiting for the reply from the VAC since we only sent the inquiry e-mail this weekend.
Hi. Yes, you have to pay some fees like fee for transmission of visas from the VAC (visa application center) to the Embassy for stamping, as well as delivery/mailing of stamped passports from the embassy to your mailing address. You have to pay this via manager's cheque or if you know someone who could do the payment in the office, then that would be fine.

Instructions are on this site:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Philippines/Service_and_Service_Charge.html

I sent my manager's cheque for 537php to the same address as with where i sent my passport. 537php/ passport.. As to sending a separate manager's cheque for each passport, that I do not know. You also need to pay the courier fee which is in that site that I posted above so they can send your documents back to you. Or else, have someone pick up the document for you. The one who'd pick it up should have an authorization letter from you for VFS to be release the documents.

I hope this helps.