Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
they need to give the passport they used when you applied. magkaroon ng inconsistency if mabago ung passport number. sana hndi na lang sila muna nag renew.

if I were them
- incase dumating ung ppr ill give them the old passport,
- then pag dumating ung new passport, inform cem about the passport renewal.

HTH

bellaluna said:
Hello, bigo ako ng FSWP 2014 pero nakapasok ang relatives ko na rinepresent ko. Nasa EE na lang ako ngayon.

Naka "medical results have been received" na sila sa ECAS, so ideally, waiting for PPR na lang.

Is it possible:
a. To ask CEM for an extension of PPR with a pending DFA passport renewal schedule
b. To ask DFA for emergency passport renewal with the PPR from CEM?

Middle of March pa yung nakuha nilang passport renewal schedule sa DFA. OK lang naman kung March pa yung PPR, but I want to cover my bases din.

Thanks. :)

Armando Jose

Sep 3, 2015
Hi everyone. VOH already, thank god. For those who are already there, need your advice on what you did with your cellphones. We just had our new iPhones through the smart retention plan and we are wondering if you can still use them in Canada. They're locked in with smart and I have researched that it cannot be unlocked. Is this true? Would it be better if we just sell them here and get a new line and phone there? Thanks in advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
pumaca said:
they need to give the passport they used when you applied. magkaroon ng inconsistency if mabago ung passport number. sana hndi na lang sila muna nag renew.

if I were them
- incase dumating ung ppr ill give them the old passport,
- then pag dumating ung new passport, inform cem about the passport renewal.

HTH
So you mean we'll get the visa stamped twice?

Yung old passport kasi nila December 2016 na mag-eexpire...balak nilang mag-travel itong June between the US and Canada, so kakapusin sa 6 months required validity, kaya inisip na mag-renew.

Nabasa ko na may mga VO na humihingi ng either 6 months o 12 months validity bago sila mag-stamp ng visa. Pasok nga naman yung old passport sa 6 month requirement for the visa stamping, but not for their intended travel schedule.

Depende na lang siguro sa timing...I was just wondering kung valid na reason ang CIC PPR request para mag-schedule ng emergency/expedited passport renewal sa DFA. :)

Armando Jose said:
Hi everyone. VOH already, thank god. For those who are already there, need your advice on what you did with your cellphones. We just had our new iPhones through the smart retention plan and we are wondering if you can still use them in Canada. They're locked in with smart and I have researched that it cannot be unlocked. Is this true? Would it be better if we just sell them here and get a new line and phone there? Thanks in advance.
Yup, Smart doesn't unlock iPhones, but Globe does, that's why I got my iPhone on Globe...naka-unlock request na ako when my contract lapsed. 1-year contract lang talaga kinuha ko.
May mga shady online iPhone unlock methods o Greenhills methods, but you might as well do what you said, sell your phones here then buy new units once you're there.
Ang mamahal nga lang ng monthly plans sa Canada. :(

francispearl

Feb 6, 2016
My husband and I applied for FSW 2014 and last Nov. 4,2015 i have received an email from MANILA IMMIGRATION stating

WHILE YOUR APPLICATION IS ELIGIBLE FOR PROCESSING,BASED ON AN ASSESSMENT OF THE DOCUMENTS ON YOUR FILE, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT WORK EXPERIENCE IN NOC 1212:SUPERVISORS,FINANCE AND INSURANCE OFFICE WORKERS THAT WAS ASSESSED AT THE TIME THE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW WAS COMPLETED.

BY THE WAY OF THIS LETTER YOU ARE BEING PROVIDED WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADDRESS MY CONCERNS AND PROVIDE ME WITH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE. THIS DOCUMENTS COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FF:

-COPIES OF PROMOTION LETTERS
-SSS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
-COMPANY PAYROLL RECORDS
-INCOME TAX RETURNS WITH PROOF OF PAYMENT OF TAXES
-COMPLETION OF TRAINING AS SUPERVISORS,FINANCE AND INSURANCE OFFICE WORKERS
-ANY OTHER DOCUMENT THAT WOULD SUPPORT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE AS SUPERVISOR,FINANCE AND INSURANCE OFFICERS

PLEASE PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER.IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST WITHIN THE TIME OUTLINED ABOVE,YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE ASSESSED BASED ON THE DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON FILE AT THAT TIME.

WE ALREADY SUBMITTED THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS BEFORE DEC.4,2015 AND UNTIL NOW I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY RESPONSE YET FROM MANILA IMMIGRATION. I JUST WANT TO ASKED IF IT IS STILL POSSIBLE THAT OUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED? DESPITE THAT OUR PAYMENT TO THE CANADA IMMIGRATION WAS ALREADY PAID? OR HOW LONG IS THE WAITING PERIOD?

SO THAT MY HUSBAND AND I CAN MOVE ON TO OUR NEXT MOVE. I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME ADVICE.
I EMAILED AND TEXTED MY AGENT FROM CIC MANY TIMES ,AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENTS ASKED BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WAIT. I CAN EMAIL THE MANILA VISA OFFICE PERSONALLY?

THANK YOU

RPeralta

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014 cc charged: 10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
PER 21-10-2014; Processing: 18-12-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
11-01-2016
Yes, your application can still be rejected regardless of the payment you have made, but stay positive if you have submitted their requirements. At least you were given a chance to prove the sufficiency of your work experience.

No specific time table. I know the waiting game is agonizing. The attitude you have to keep in this whole process is being patient.

No, do not email them. If you have a consultant, they are responsible in all communications with CIC. You might end screwing up the point of communication. Relax and wait.

Best of luck.

RPeralta

francispearl said:
My husband and I applied for FSW 2014 and last Nov. 4,2015 i have received an email from MANILA IMMIGRATION stating

WHILE YOUR APPLICATION IS ELIGIBLE FOR PROCESSING,BASED ON AN ASSESSMENT OF THE DOCUMENTS ON YOUR FILE, I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT WORK EXPERIENCE IN NOC 1212:SUPERVISORS,FINANCE AND INSURANCE OFFICE WORKERS THAT WAS ASSESSED AT THE TIME THE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW WAS COMPLETED.

BY THE WAY OF THIS LETTER YOU ARE BEING PROVIDED WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO ADDRESS MY CONCERNS AND PROVIDE ME WITH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO SUPPORT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE. THIS DOCUMENTS COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FF:

-COPIES OF PROMOTION LETTERS
-SSS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
-COMPANY PAYROLL RECORDS
-INCOME TAX RETURNS WITH PROOF OF PAYMENT OF TAXES
-COMPLETION OF TRAINING AS SUPERVISORS,FINANCE AND INSURANCE OFFICE WORKERS
-ANY OTHER DOCUMENT THAT WOULD SUPPORT YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE AS SUPERVISOR,FINANCE AND INSURANCE OFFICERS

PLEASE PROVIDE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER.IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST WITHIN THE TIME OUTLINED ABOVE,YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE ASSESSED BASED ON THE DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON FILE AT THAT TIME.

WE ALREADY SUBMITTED THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS BEFORE DEC.4,2015 AND UNTIL NOW I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY RESPONSE YET FROM MANILA IMMIGRATION. I JUST WANT TO ASKED IF IT IS STILL POSSIBLE THAT OUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED? DESPITE THAT OUR PAYMENT TO THE CANADA IMMIGRATION WAS ALREADY PAID? OR HOW LONG IS THE WAITING PERIOD?

SO THAT MY HUSBAND AND I CAN MOVE ON TO OUR NEXT MOVE. I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN GIVE ME ADVICE.
I EMAILED AND TEXTED MY AGENT FROM CIC MANY TIMES ,AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENTS ASKED BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WAIT. I CAN EMAIL THE MANILA VISA OFFICE PERSONALLY?

THANK YOU

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
Hi! Anyone who has an experience with abnormalities in the lungs found in the chest x-ray? My hubby had his medicals yesterday and they found out he has a 4.1 spot in the lungs. he is a long time smoker . He will have sputum smear and culture starting next week and the test results will be known in May. Good if it will turn out negative.what if he is positive of TB? Will my application be refused?

Please share any experience or any knowledge on this, maraming salamat!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Serc said:
Hi! Anyone who has an experience with abnormalities in the lungs found in the chest x-ray? My hubby had his medicals yesterday and they found out he has a 4.1 spot in the lungs. he is a long time smoker . He will have sputum smear and culture starting next week and the test results will be known in May. Good if it will turn out negative.what if he is positive of TB? Will my application be refused?

Please share any experience or any knowledge on this, maraming salamat!
You can know the sputum smear in 8 weeks, then repeat of chest x-ray in May.
If he's positive, then he'll have to do the medication for 6 months.

There's another thread elsewhere on this forum on this topic: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pulmonary-tuberculosisactiveinactivehistorysputum-tests6-mos-medication-t150897.750.html

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
bellaluna said:
You can know the sputum smear in 8 weeks, then repeat of chest x-ray in May.
If he's positive, then he'll have to do the medication for 6 months.

There's another thread elsewhere on this forum on this topic: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pulmonary-tuberculosisactiveinactivehistorysputum-tests6-mos-medication-t150897.750.html
Hey,thanks bellaluna! So there is still hope, isn't it?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Serc said:
Hey,thanks bellaluna! So there is still hope, isn't it?
Yes there should be. :) Has there been a past history of TB though?

ETA: My relative who did the additional tests just got PPR right now! :) (AOR Sept 2014)

The letter says the passport needs to be valid for 12 months, so they definitely have to renew. Will check first if it's possible at DFA to get an earlier renewal schedule.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
bellaluna said:
Yes there should be. :) Has there been a past history of TB though?

ETA: My relative who did the additional tests just got PPR right now! :) (AOR Sept 2014)

The letter says the passport needs to be valid for 12 months, so they definitely have to renew. Will check if it's possible at DFA to get an earlier renewal schedule.
Thanks again! And good to know that ur relative with the same case has got PPR ! My hubby didn't have any history of TB as we know cos he had been having chest x-rays before and all were good.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Serc said:
Thanks again! And good to know that ur relative with the same case has got PPR ! My hubby didn't have any history of TB as we know cos he had been having chest x-rays before and all were good.
Should be fine then, long-time smoker din yung relative ko na ito. :)

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
bellaluna said:
Should be fine then, long-time smoker din yung relative ko na ito. :)
Did ur relative have to undergo tests and treatment for 6 mos.?

Karbanah

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
pumaca said:
All drivers’ licences from the Philippines presented for GDL Exemption MUST be accompanied by:
- An original driver’s licence certification letter from the Land Transportation Office (LTO) from the Department of Transportation & Communications at East Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines. NO OTHER LTO LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED;
-The original blue official receipt of payment must be included, as noted on the bottom of the certification letter;
-If there is NO Quezon City LTO Certification Letter and receipt presented, you must obtain this documentation from the LTO PRIOR TO surrendering your original Philippines drivers’ licence for GDL Exemption.
Thank you!!

Armando Jose

Sep 3, 2015
pumaca said:
All drivers’ licences from the Philippines presented for GDL Exemption MUST be accompanied by:
- An original driver’s licence certification letter from the Land Transportation Office (LTO) from the Department of Transportation & Communications at East Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines. NO OTHER LTO LETTER WILL BE ACCEPTED;
-The original blue official receipt of payment must be included, as noted on the bottom of the certification letter;
-If there is NO Quezon City LTO Certification Letter and receipt presented, you must obtain this documentation from the LTO PRIOR TO surrendering your original Philippines drivers’ licence for GDL Exemption.
Hi, I still do not have the ID card yet for the license since it was out of stock when i renewed my license. Is this okay? Will the Certification letter alone suffice? Thanks.