Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Any of you know a similar forum for US Immigration? Long story short, my previous employer had filed for my Green Card back in 2007. I moved out of the US and had given up on that route. For those familiar with US immigration term, I found out that my priority date became "current" some time in 2018. It took 11 years! Spoke to a few lawyers and got conflicting advice. What I want to know is if there is a time limit after the priority date becoming current to proceed with green card processing. Some lawyers say that if no action is taken within one year of the priority date becoming current, then you lose the opportunity. Others say that once the priority date becomes current, you can proceed at any time and there is no time limit.

Just want to know if this can be salvaged as I have already given up hope on IRCC :rolleyes:
There is trackitt.com forums which is ancient like this one. People for GC go there.

Reactions: sfvan

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Any of you know a similar forum for US Immigration? Long story short, my previous employer had filed for my Green Card back in 2007. I moved out of the US and had given up on that route. For those familiar with US immigration term, I found out that my priority date became "current" some time in 2018. It took 11 years! Spoke to a few lawyers and got conflicting advice. What I want to know is if there is a time limit after the priority date becoming current to proceed with green card processing. Some lawyers say that if no action is taken within one year of the priority date becoming current, then you lose the opportunity. Others say that once the priority date becomes current, you can proceed at any time and there is no time limit.

Just want to know if this can be salvaged as I have already given up hope on IRCC :rolleyes:
Priority date is yours to keep forever. If you can find a new employer then you can get your gc immediately.

Reactions: sfvan
D

Deleted member 994371

I don't have an answer to your question, but I read your signature.

AOR - Oct 5, 2018? God Damn. They made you so long that you have a whole new family to that original application.

txlonghorn

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021

If I was in your shoes, the risk/reward here would probably justify spending money on a good immigration attorney.

Reactions: sfvan and Temidayo_

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello guys! I have a question about oinp tech draw and I would appreciate it if you answer it! :)
I've studied civil engineering at university but since 3.5 years ago I changed my career and started working as a web developer. With this situation, can apply for the oinp tech draw? Should applicants have a related educational degree (in computer science or similar fields) for this program?
Thanks for your response! I'm outland and by applying for the oinp tech draw I meant waiting to receive NOI :)
I believe at a very fundamental level you are trying to ask if you are ELIGIBLE for PNP ie IF you have studied as a civil engineer and you are working as a web developer can you apply for PNP? The question for Eligibility has two main components. NoC eligibility AND Program eligibility.

NoC for Web Developer is here (https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=2175&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4)
It says about employment requirements :
  • Employment requirements
    • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business
      or
      Completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required.
    • Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer is usually required.
The MUST part is a bachelor degree and they say "usually" about the discipline. If you can justify your case you should be okay..

Now comes the PR application part, this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/works.html

There are two option to apply for PNP :
1. Paper based (non Express Entry)
The only eligibility criteria is :
You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
This is simple! Get invited by Province and you should be fine.

2. Online (Express Entry based)
  • You must meet the eligibility requirements of the province or territory. And,
  • You must submit an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including being eligible for one of the immigration programs it covers.
Here you need to meet requirements of Province AND FSW...
FSW has a points based system and it does not force the requirement of Education being of same discipline as occupation.

So in all, you should be fine but you need to justify that why your case is not "usual" case. May be get some certifications? Consult a lawyer for more details.

Lastly, I personally have not done such a thing that is to have a qualification in a different discipline and occupation in another, so I do not have a first hand experience of it. I am sure if you look hard enough, you will find such folks who have successfully petitioned their case. Get first hand experience from them.

Reactions: taah

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I changed my career and started working as a web developer. With this situation, can apply for the oinp tech draw? YES you may keep that as primaryNOC if you are inland and if OINP has EOI scheme now then you can apply, else you will have to wait to get the NOI
Should applicants have a related educational degree (in computer science or similar fields) for this program? NO for oinp and federal programs as well

Above said are based on my understanding, maybe someone else could confirm this
@seadrag0n @wonderbly @GandiBaat
Unfortunately I am not conversant with the requirements for OINP. If anyone has queries regarding SINP though, I might be able to help :) .

Reactions: taah

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Guys is it true that if you applied for arrima (quebec) and got rejected for some reasons, other provinces will never send you a PNP ?

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Guys is it true that if you applied for arrima (quebec) and got rejected for some reasons, other provinces will never send you a PNP ?
I don't think it's true, but then again you should check on official websites not here.