+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
This IRCC system is in shambles. Even if the quota for FSW is decreased to half, they still need to start new draws to meet their next year's limit. It's not like they are gonna give PPR to all the new ITAs within 6 months. On average, now processing time is above 12 months. At least start with small all-program draws. This is a total shit show.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Mr. Kangaroo, any advice for the AINP? Do I have to be living there? Or are there any specifications I need to meet
AINP is a lot like GC lottery lol so I doubt anybody could give any advice. But no you don't have to be in Canada or Alberta. I have zero connections to Alberta. I think the absolute least criteria are:

- Be in an in-demand NOC
- Have a high CRS if you're outland
- Have a new EE profile (more than 7 months validity remaining)

And then have a shit ton of luck I guess...

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Even if we ignore the 10k processing (CEC+FSW) IRCC did between January 1 and February 1 this year, the new quota in new year's immigration plan is still looks like a joke. Waiting for PPR guys? Well, it seems like there will be a much looonger wait for FSW now. This is what happens when a group of immigrants don't work for publicity and all other groups literally occupy the whole media every day...

• Wow
Reactions: dankboi

Ak1664

Star Member
Jun 25, 2021
Even if we ignore the 10k processing (CEC+FSW) IRCC did between January 1 and February 1 this year, the new quota in new year's immigration plan is still looks like a joke. Waiting for PPR guys? Well, it seems like there will be a much looonger wait for FSW now. This is what happens when a group of immigrants don't work for publicity and all other groups literally occupy the whole media every day...

I guess the argument would be that people that are invited post July/august would count towards 2023 targets

D

Deleted member 1006777

55000 target for FHS and 64000 FHS backlog for 2022 is the headline.
Didn't we already know that though?

So I'm guessing no direct mention of non-PNP draws, and they bury their head in the sand and keep pretending other streams don't exist?

Reactions: dankboi

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Didn't we already know that though?

So I'm guessing no direct mention of non-PNP draws, and they bury their head in the sand and keep pretending other streams don't exist?
Yup, no news on draws. People here are assuming that draws will happen in July because the 6 months processing time will put these new ITA's in the next year's quota which will already have atleast 15000 people by end of this year. Also the 40000 TR2PR target is supposedly the same as the current TR2PR backlog so even that won't happen this year lol

D

Deleted member 1006777

The current backlog will count towards 2022 targets, and any draws in H2 2022 will count towards 2023 targets. What you shared doesn't indicate that FSW apps in progress will have to wait longer than previously anticipated. Based purely on what you've shared, 2022 landing for most in-progress FSW apps is still on the table imo

Reactions: fdelliott2
D

Deleted member 1006777

Yup, no news on draws. People here are assuming that draws will happen in July because the 6 months processing time will put these new ITA's in the next year's quota which will already have atleast 15000 people by end of this year. Also the 40000 TR2PR target is supposedly the same as the current TR2PR backlog so even that won't happen this year lol
Oh well. Personally I'm happy with this lmfao. At least now I know that I need to start brushing up on my french to retake the exam next year, and also gives me time for my other plans to come through before moving to Canada. RIP FSW, see you all 2024.

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
I guess the argument would be that people that are invited post July/august would count towards 2023 targets
Hi Ak1664!
I don't think IRCC follows the FIFO strategy. I assume that IRCC have its own priority pattern which is based on an application's parameters only, not FIFO. And I think the priority list may look like something like this:

1) Inland CEC with extended medicals
2) Applicants with fresh medicals who have all the assessment stages passed, and are just waiting for finalising their applications.
3) Applicants with fresh medicals who have their eligibility passed.
4) Applicants with fresh medicals who have their R10 passed.
5) Applicants with expired medicals who have all the assessment stages passed.
6) Applicants with expired medicals who have their eligibility passed.
7) Applicants with expired medicals who have their R10 passed.
8) Applicants who need to add spouses/kids with all their docs to be assessed from the very beginning.
9) Applicants with unpredictably complex applications

I put points 4-7 in the given order because I believe that applications with expired medicals are placed in a different 'pool' in the information system IRCC officers use until new medicals are uploaded and re-assessed by doctors, not usual IRCC officers.

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020

Based on this, it looks like the majority of FSW applications will be processed this year? Around 80% or so, with the assumption 4000 have been processed between 1st January and 1st February.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Reading the comments today, I thought it was much less and we were all in for a wait until 2023.

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi Ak1664!
I don't think IRCC follows the FIFO strategy. I assume that IRCC have its own priority pattern which is based on an application's parameters only, not FIFO. And I think the priority list may look like something like this:

1) Inland CEC with extended medicals
2) Applicants with fresh medicals who have all the assessment stages passed, and are just waiting for finalising their applications.
3) Applicants with fresh medicals who have their eligibility passed.
4) Applicants with fresh medicals who have their R10 passed.
5) Applicants with expired medicals who have all the assessment stages passed.
6) Applicants with expired medicals who have their eligibility passed.
7) Applicants with expired medicals who have their R10 passed.
8) Applicants who need to add spouses/kids with all their docs to be assessed from the very beginning.
9) Applicants with unpredictably complex applications

I put points 4-7 in the given order because I believe that applications with expired medicals are placed in a different 'pool' in the information system IRCC officers use until new medicals are uploaded and re-assessed by doctors, not usual IRCC officers.
Based on this logic, is it worth redoing medicals to get higher priority, even though I'm M1 and will be extended when they get round to picking up my application?

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
The current backlog will count towards 2022 targets, and any draws in H2 2022 will count towards 2023 targets. What you shared doesn't indicate that FSW apps in progress will have to wait longer than previously anticipated. Based purely on what you've shared, 2022 landing for most in-progress FSW apps is still on the table imo
I did not say anything about new draws. I'm assuming they're smart enough to not to make another draw after reducing the FSW+CEC quota for this year from the regular 110k to ridiculously low 55900. As of February 1 we had 64890 backlog, and if we're going to make an anticipation we should add the 10k files which have been processed in January this year on top of it. 64890+10000= 74890. 55900 people will make it to Canada this year. 18990 WONT! All of these people were gonna make it to Canada in 1st half of the year if the quota wasn't reduced by %50. It is 2x slower than what was anticipated a day ago unless you expected IRCC to reduce the quota from 110k to 55k this year.