+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Some of us, like yours truly, maybe on other unrelated deadlines. For me, it's my US visa expiring in May. I already have a plan B in play.

If time isn't an issue, then you can wait till the end of the year. By then, they should have processed just about everyone.
I am already leaving US lol resigned my job

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Does IRCC operate on a FIFO basis? lets say CIO. assuming one stream FSWP. because I know streams are being prioritized haphazardly
Yeah its FIFO... Though, liberals hate the letter 'r'... so there you go.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Oh! What visa were you on? I'm resigning early March as well to do some traveling within the US - I anyway get 2 months to stay in the US after quitting.
I was on OPT ,thank god got a job 2 weeks after college so didn't waste any day in that.
I am doing traveling now,I am in hawaii beautiful place. Never miss that if you have that opportunity.
After that to south America then to india I am learning stuffs so that I will get a job in India for the time being.
5 yrs exp ,with masters and knowledge in data analytics it shouldn't be that hard to find a job in india atleast for a year .If things go well we should be in Canada before 2023 q2
People are telling me I have to cry for CEC fuck that.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I was on OPT ,thank god got a job 2 weeks after college so didn't waste any day in that.
I am doing traveling now,I am in hawaii beautiful place. Never miss that if you have that opportunity.
After that to south America then to india I am learning stuffs so that I will get a job in India for the time being.
5 yrs exp ,with masters and knowledge in data analytics it shouldn't be that hard to find a job in india atleast for a year .If things go well we should be in Canada before 2023 q2
People are telling me I have to cry for CEC fuck that.
Which country in south america?

suzanne456

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Yeah its FIFO... Though, liberals hate the letter 'r'... so there you go.
Based on some very rough calculations, there are 45k slots in persons left as of Feb 1 (based on 800 per week for FSWP, and 2/3*9400 CECs processed since DEC 15), there is a backlog of 49 (FSW)+15k (CEC)=64k. Based on the processing speed and available information, it can be reasonably assumed that CEC's will all be processed first and onboarded in the coming few months. That leaves 30k slots for FSWPs. 19k of the 49k fswp backlog will get booted to 2023. If it is FIFO, then if my AOR is towards the latter of NOV DEC 2020 or early 2021. Then I should manage my expectations for a 2022 landing?

There were 34K ITAs issued from Sept 2020 to Dec 2020 before draws closed for all programs. Is it reasonable to assume that majority of the remaining 49k in the FSWP backlog are individuals who received ITAS towards NOV, DEC 2020, as their AORs most probably fall in 2021?

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Based on some very rough calculations, there are 45k slots in persons left as of Feb 1 (based on 800 per week for FSWP, and 2/3*9400 CECs processed since DEC 15), there is a backlog of 49 (FSW)+15k (CEC)=64k. Based on the processing speed and available information, it can be reasonably assumed that CEC's will all be processed first and onboarded in the coming few months. That leaves 30k slots for FSWPs. 19k of this lot will get booted to 2023. If it is FIFO, then if my AOR is towards the latter of NOV DEC 2020 or early 2021. Then I should manage my expectations for a 2022 landing?

There were 34K ITAs issued from Sept 2020 to Dec 2020 before draws closed for all programs. Is it reasonable to assume that majority of the remaining 49k in the FSWP backlog are individuals who received ITAS towards NOV, DEC 2020, as their AORs most probably fall in 2021?
If your VO is not in Canada, you can expect PPR soon.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Based on some very rough calculations, there are 45k slots in persons left as of Feb 1 (based on 800 per week for FSWP, and 2/3*9400 CECs processed since DEC 15), there is a backlog of 49 (FSW)+15k (CEC)=64k. Based on the processing speed and available information, it can be reasonably assumed that CEC's will all be processed first and onboarded in the coming few months. That leaves 30k slots for FSWPs. 19k of this lot will get booted to 2023. If it is FIFO, then if my AOR is towards the latter of NOV DEC 2020 or early 2021. Then I should manage my expectations for a 2022 landing?

Let me break it down to you... Sorry if I sound a bit jaded...

Canadian processing is FIFO ONLY in its First and Last step, ie intake and finalisation. Apart from that, it is FIFO as in Fist in Fist Out and yeah it is that brutal. Basically it goes through all the steps in different places and can be held anywhere for any duration of time. So, no, it is NOT First In First Out in any sense of the word.

Rest of the steps can take random amount of time depending upon complexity of your program, if the VO is having a constipation, if the there is war in Ukraine or Afghanistan and so on and so forth. Don't try to guess how long it will take, but IRCC suggests it should take only 6 months ie if your case is simple.

Arbitrarily any application can become "complex" -- meaning it cannt be processed by a monkey who hit its head on a wall at child birth. And when that happens, for example IRCC liked your dog's photo and wanted to see more of it, and it sent an ADR for it, now your application is "complex". Complex applications have all the bets off. They can be delayed for the time frame starting from when True-Dough gets his first period to the thermal death of the universe.

So there you have it... Trying to predict your finalization or landing date is an exercise in frustration. I heard they torture Iraqi war prisoners by making them predict waiting and wait for Canadian PR applications. This was the dirty truth behind the Guatemala prison.

• Haha
Reactions: alfakido and HA1986