Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Prior to submitting my PR application I went through this forum and read hundreds of stories on people's experiences. I decided it was better to send as much as info as possible and remove any doubt in the heart of the officer. Below is a screenshot from my gcms notes. You can see that the officer clearly specified that I provided documented proof of income even though it was not explicitly required. I needed to only show 3 years of proof but I instead gave for 7 years (few payslips for each year).

This is what I did too. I made sure I had a letter of explanation for all the documents that I submitted. I added each and every pay slips of all my jobs. I had a similar note on my GCMS notes about the payslips. I also had mentioned in my LOE about the NOC code of my jobs because I held jobs from multiple NOC codes. I had precisely and clearly explained about my proof of funds as I disclosed multiple bank accounts. I did not want the agent to get bored. I just wanted go make their life simple. Maybe that is why my eligibility got passed sooner.

D

Deleted member 994371

How exactly is it a positive thing for you if more and more people are going the no-social-media route?

It is becoming more and more normalised now. There was time when you did anything or of your ordinary of your routine, it had to go on social media. It becoming an obsession with friends and everyone around me.

It felt like you were living for Facebook and Instagram instead of being in the moment.

Think about it. We went from living for centuries without logging anything to logging every tiny detail. You certainly aren't doing it for yourself. You are doing it for the social status.

That's what I meant when I said people are joining the no-social-media route. More and more people are waking up.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
https://thewire.in/education/thousands-of-indian-students-future-at-stake-as-3-canadian-colleges-shut-down-abruptly

Thousands of Indian Students' Futures at Stake as 3 Canadian Colleges Shut Down Abruptly
The students, most from Punjab, have spent lakhs on fees and travel. No longer 'students', their visa and permission documents are now invalid.

Jalandhar: Around 2,000 international students – most from Punjab, some learning online and some on study visas – are left in the lurch with three private colleges in Canada’s Montreal city suddenly closing.

Canada’s CBC News has reported that all three colleges have filed for creditor protection. In the court filing, the colleges blamed the COVID-19 pandemic for some of their financial troubles. A Canadian MP told The Wire that other legal criteria were also not met by these colleges.

The three colleges first announced long winter vacations from November 30, 2021 to January 10, 2022. Then, just before closing, the authorities asked the students to deposit pending fees within one week. This amount of money ranged from Canadian $ 15,000 to 29,500, which come to between Rs 9 lakh and Rs 17.70 lakh.

While some students managed to pay the hefty fees, many could not.

The three colleges are Collège de comptabilité et de secrétariat du Québec (CCSQ), College de I’Estrie (CDE) and M College.

CCSQ has two campuses at Longueuil and Sherbrooke and offered courses in accounting, secretarial studies, medical, computing and legal studies.

CDE offered six courses in business and administration and information technology. M College’ in LaSalle had four courses in business, health and technology.

Protests

Among the 2,000 affected students, 1,173 were studying in person, in the three private colleges in Montreal. As many as 637 students were pursuing studies through online classes from home in Punjab.

The students are aged between 18 and 22 years. Some are also from Haryana and Gujarat and had been eagerly waiting for on campus learning to begin.

On January 29, 2022, left with no option, students under the banner of ‘Montreal Youth-Student Organization’ (MYSO) held a rally at Gurudwara Guru Nanak Darbar at LaSalle in Montreal demanding justice in their case. They also handed a letter in this regard to the Minister of Education of Canada, the Indian Ambassador to Canada, the Montreal MP and various ministers of the opposition.

At the rally, the students demanded visa refunds for those in India, refund of fees, opportunity to complete studies for students in the three closed colleges, graduation of students with the Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec, a mandatory document for students to study and work in Quebec province, study permits and travel without any hassle to students who have obtained study visas.

They threatened to intensify protests if their demands were not addressed.

Talking to The Wire from Montreal, Varun Khanna, a former student and now a Permanent Resident of Canada, who led the rally said, “The hapless students and their parents, who have spent roughly around Rs 16 to 17 lakh on their child’s education in Canada are disturbed. The study visas of 95% students back home in Punjab, who were taking online classes, have been refused by the Canadian government. At the same time, 70% of students in Montreal, who were in their last semester, are now stuck. Lastly, the future of 30% freshers, who joined college last year is also at stake.”

Khanna added that students in India, who were waiting to reach Montreal now cannot travel as the colleges have closed.

‘Students were stuck’

Randeep Sarai, MP from Surrey Centre in British Columbia said that he took up this issue with Anju Dhillon, the MP for Dorval-Lachine-LaSalle, Quebec.

“The Quebec government suspended the licence of these colleges, after it was found that they were English Language Schools and not French language institutions. During investigation it came to light that many colleges had misappropriated funds while others declared bankruptcy and fled. The provincial government took them to court. A judicial review was ordered by the Quebec government and the students were stuck,” the MP said.

Sarai said that in this situation either the students should file a lawsuit collectively and hire a lawyer or file independent claims with the provincial government. “The last option is that the students appear for IELTS exam again, pay the fees and join some new college, which is not a practical idea,” he said.

Surrey Greens Timber MLA Rachna Singh expressed solidarity with the students. “I think the Quebec government should hold an investigation and find out how these three colleges got their license. In Canada, federal government regulations are different while the Provincial government has their own rules. I also want to request the parents to be cautious while sending their children abroad,” she said.

https://thewire.in/education/thousands-of-indian-students-future-at-stake-as-3-canadian-colleges-shut-down-abruptly - for the rest of the story...

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
It's insane how many students specifically from the Punjab state wants to move to Kaneda.
seems like there are people in this world who's only goal in life is to immigrate to Canada and they will do it by any means necessary.

Reactions: RSub

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
It's insane how many students specifically from the Punjab state wants to move to Kaneda.
seems like there are people in this world who's only goal in life is to immigrate to Canada and they will do it by any means necessary.
very reason that justifies the use of the gatekeeper chinook that screens trv applications plus extreme scrutiny on applications from such provinces of india.
chinook should be advanced like the apple's CSAM to do extreme background checks to find potential flags regarding the purpose of their trv application. A deep check and it's report that can overturn any manipulated LOE's and SOP's

Nabeela 1989

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
I received re-medical request 5 days ago.Does this mean that all the stages are passed i.e eligibility and security?
Is this the last stage?

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
There is a channel on Youtube where this guy counsels other people about options to study in Canada with special emphasis for colleges with lower IELTS thresholds. That itself is a warning sign about the 'quality' of these courses. Needless to say the channel is not in English. Don't want to sound like an elitist but if you are going to a country where English is the main language you better be proficient in it.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

Canada’s employment growth slows in January due to Omicron
Statistics Canada's Labour Force Survey results say Canada lost 200,000 jobs in January.

The surge of Omicron cases in Canada forced businesses to close in January. As a result, Canada lost 200,000 jobs and unemployment rose to 6.5%.

Statistics Canada’s newest Labour Force Survey captures Canada’s labour data from the week of January 9 to 15. By then, public health measures included capacity limits in retail stores and closures of restaurants, bars, concert halls and gyms. Many schools also switched to online learning.

Employment declines were largely driven by Ontario and Quebec. Accommodation and food services was the hardest-hit industry. Youth (ages 15 to 24) and women core-aged women (25 to 54 years old) were more likely than other demographics to work in industries affected by closures. For core-aged people identifying as belonging to groups designated as visible minorities, the employment rate declined by a similar amount in January (-1.6 percentage points to 79.8%) as for those who are not a visible minority and not Indigenous (-1.5 percentage points to 84.6%) (not seasonally adjusted).

Unemployment increased for the first time in nine months. Before Omicron, Canada’s unemployment was at 6%, according to the December Labour Force Survey. The increase in unemployment last month was largely due to temporary lay-offs and people who were scheduled to start working in the near future. The number of people looking for work was little changed.

“There are numerous factors driving the larger than expected decline in Canadian jobs, including the closure of in-person schooling, indoor dining and recreation in some provinces,” said Jim Mitchell, president of LHH Canada, in an email to CIC News, “With one of the largest recorded unemployment rates since April 2021, we are seeing a dip in both full-time and part-time employment, yet it remains unclear whether these drops are correlated with January related seasonal cuts and voluntary resignations.”

RBC senior economist Nathan Janzen said the Omicron variant made a “larger-than-expected dent” in the Canadian economy. However, he expects the damage to be temporary as provinces relax public health measures.

“Although the January labour market data looks exceptionally bad, we expect the recovery to start in February with virus spread and containment measures already easing in parts of the country (including Ontario and Quebec),” Janzen wrote.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Ketchup5813

Sep 8, 2021
whatever the mid east do to paint themselves to look like the west, the more mid east they become. nobody in the world gonna change that view. mid east desert will be desert no matter what the try to change. Nobody else used the mid east as much as the US did and they are still continuing. hehe
You have to leave the desert soon to have a life, least to feel there's life out there. And if you wish to come back to the UK, simply acquire 5 years of exp and apply to jobs, some immigration solicitors and recruiters help find employer's who are looking for outland high skilled professionals since Brexit.
Couldn't agree more, I have been applying to a number of jobs but I am afraid chartered accountancy isn't something that is in high demand in the UK as there is plenty of them already available there. I have interacted with a lot of US citizens around the world and although I haven't been there but I can easily conclude that its a racist and relatively unsafe country with all the gun laws and police brutality. General public is not so friendly either. I can say the same about Australia as my friends are already permanent residents there, more over the weather kind of doesn't click for me. Europe if was so prosperous, you wouldn't find people lined up at the edge of France, trying to sneak their way into the UK. So only option left is New Zealand or Canada with the latter perceived as relatively easier, but not any more:p

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Couldn't agree more, I have been applying to a number of jobs but I am afraid chartered accountancy isn't something that is in high demand in the UK as there is plenty of them already available there. I have interacted with a lot of US citizens around the world and although I haven't been there but I can easily conclude that its a racist and relatively unsafe country with all the gun laws and police brutality. General public is not so friendly either. I can say the same about Australia as my friends are already permanent residents there, more over the weather kind of doesn't click for me. Europe if was so prosperous, you wouldn't find people lined up at the edge of France, trying to sneak their way into the UK. So only option left is New Zealand or Canada with the latter perceived as relatively easier, but not any more:p
canada is better in some aspects. maybe backward in terms of service but a bit peaceful for folks who seek it. A nice place to have a fam and raise kids for those who are wishing for it.