+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

HopelesslyDevoted

Oct 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
They wouldn’t be all these PPRs that we’ve been having this month. There are several cases from Outland VOs for August-December/2020 already getting PPR. That lawyer just wants to make money off panic. 50k apps out of 500k doesn’t even make a dent in their backlog.
Alysson, my dude, any news from Mexico VO?
I swear I always look forward to your posts with hopes of finally seeing some movement news from there...

I'm about to hit my 1.5 year AOR anniversary, which I know is not as long as many other people waiting... but according to myimmitracker, at least, there doesn't seem to be much of a backlog in Mexico. So I'm hoping things pick up speed when they finally decide to get back to work.

M

MayorGrom

But CEC's are going out of status which is supposed to be a bigger worry than the backlog.
That's the point Meurrens makes. He also said that he doesn't understand why they didn't prolong PGWP for 5 years instead of max. 3, as doing so would reduce a strain on them.

Reactions: RSub

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
But CEC's are going out of status which is supposed to be a bigger worry than the backlog.
CEC going out of status can be resolved with draws. There is room in express entry this year for draws even if they clear the CEC and FSW backlog. There’s like 40k CEC in the pool, which there is room for them this year if that’s what they want.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Alysson, my dude, any news from Mexico VO?
I swear I always look forward to your posts with hopes of finally seeing some movement news from there...

I'm about to hit my 1.5 year AOR anniversary, which I know is not as long as many other people waiting... but according to myimmitracker, at least, there doesn't seem to be much of a backlog in Mexico. So I'm hoping things pick up speed when they finally decide to get back to work.
México is basically like these other Outland VOs that posted PPR with second semester aors. Most of their applications is for second semester+. But I have yet to see a single express entry PPR from Mexico. My group has people with everything passed and upfront medicals passed but nothing yet.

• Sad
Reactions: HopelesslyDevoted

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
That's the point Meurrens makes. He also said that he doesn't understand why they didn't prolong PGWP for 5 years instead of max. 3, as doing so would reduce a strain on them.
CEC going out of status is what worries me. I am mean I don't give a FK or two about them but them going out of status may have some kinda effect on outlanders.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I'm guessing they have this BOWP they can apply for once they pass eligibility? That should make them stay in status on a open work permit until they get PR. In any case, how difficult can it be to process a status extension compared to PR lol. But this is IRCC and who knows

Reactions: wonderbly
M

MayorGrom

I'm guessing they have this BOWP they can apply for once they pass eligibility? That should make them stay in status on a open work permit until they get PR. In any case, how difficult can it be to process a status extension compared to PR lol. But this is IRCC and who knows
Not eligibilty; completeness check. So, pretty much immediately after applying for PR.

Reactions: Ar12345

HopelesslyDevoted

Oct 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
México is basically like these other Outland VOs that posted PPR with second semester aors. Most of their applications is for second semester+. But I have yet to see a single express entry PPR from Mexico. My group has people with everything passed and upfront medicals passed but nothing yet.
Got it. Thanks, man.

If there had been at least a couple of PPRs, I feel I would go for upfront remedicals. But since they seem to still be sleeping, I don't want to jinx anything... according to my gcsm notes (ordered last June), I still had security pending. So I guess I just have to find a way to come up with even more patience.

Maybe.Moving

Oct 20, 2021
Getting sponsorship is an issue if he is at the end of his OPT.
True. EB visas are a great option (again primarily for academics) if he/she doesn't have a sponsor. The acceptance rate is pretty high (as of 2017) for those who 1) hold a PhD 2) and have worked in academia 3) or have peer reviewed publications.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I am talking about CEC's in the pool, they don't have ITA so no chance of BOWP or anything like that, they have no choice but to leave or become homeless on visitor status.

M

MayorGrom

I am talking about CEC's in the pool, they don't have ITA so no chance of BOWP or anything like that, they have no choice but to leave or become homeless on visitor status.
That's what worries me as well. Maybe they can invite CEC but instead of processing them with a lighting speed (hello, 2021), they will split resources between CEC and FSW.

Or they will come with some modification to PGWP that will allow them to keep those guys in-status and process backlogs simultaneously.

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
from immitracker, late update

FSW Outland NOC- 2173 CRS- 472
Nationality- India
COR- India
VO-

AOR- 26 January 2020
PPR - 13 January 2022
Finally something from india.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
These things make me happy. I got to admit, this one is a fking complex application. The applicant had misrepresented yet sorted it out with IRCC, then adds a kid, and got processed so quickly. Some hope. Some fking hope. Happy for this person.

From FACEBOOK:

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
These things make me happy. I got to admit, this one is a fking complex application. The applicant had misrepresented yet sorted it out with IRCC, then adds a kid, and got processed so quickly. Some hope. Some fking hope. Happy for this person.

From FACEBOOK:

Hmm the bright side is they are still processing the applications and stopped the draw ,don't know for how long though.