+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Not having any updates, doesn't mean that people could post anything which is irrelevant. If so, personally I am interested in discussing topics like entrepreneurship, cryptocurrencies, engineering and personal investment. If you find these out of the scope of this thread, Also I feel the same thing about topics like housing and healthcare in Canada, at least at this moment. Hope you got my point.

All I am looking for is organization/moderation, we could have separate thread to discuss these other points and this is not a something against free of speech. This will make each of these threads more valuable to the visitors.
Majority of this thread is full of irrelevant discussions and trolling, maybe once in a while everyone discusses on important stuff like Justin Bieber's new song.

Marco Mendicino

Star Member
Nov 25, 2021
Ottawa
NOC Code......
personally I am interested in discussing topics like entrepreneurship, cryptocurrencies, engineering and personal investment.
Then why don't you bring such news , articles here and ignite a discussion here?? i never saw you posting here any articles of your interests.

If you find these out of the scope of this thread . NO it's all appropriate

And this is not a subscription based thread so basically all your rant is simply pointless, people here discuss when they bring topics, you are not contributing anything here of your personal interests so those topics aren't discussed here. So it's not our problem here This thread serves as a club for fsw's.
Dankboi, showing him who's boss

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Dankboi, showing him who's boss
it's simply understanding what's this thread is about. that specific user is concerned about topics of higher relevance and business practices which we plebs aren't discussing and that's the problem now hehe
How can i discuss crypto and entrepreneurship when i am a future farmer or an amateur burger flipping artist in canada !

m.soliman

Mar 25, 2020
Ok guys, lets get back to the discussion about housing market and economy :D
Since I am interested in investment, and members here like discussing housing topics, I'd like to share some thoughts here, hoping that someone could bring some valuable insights.

Firstly, I hope to be able to move to Canada within 3 years (excepting an invitation from Quebec soon, FSW score 490+, not eligible for both Ontario French/Tech streams because of high score). Having said that, I am wondering whether it would be wise to liquate my real estate assets in my country totalling $250K, and go for a 20% down payment for a house in Canada once I get my Visa or not?

Or should I leave these assets in my home country and use their income to pay rent in Canada ?

My current assets bring me an annual rental income of around 5% and thanks to hyperinflation in my country (obviously a 3rd world country), my assets appreciate in value by ~10% (assuming stable exchange rate)

Sorry if my thoughts are personal and irrelevant to this thread :rolleyes:

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Since I am interested in investment, and members here like discussing housing topics, I'd like to share some thoughts here, hoping that someone could bring some valuable insights.

Firstly, I hope to be able to move to Canada within 3 years (excepting an invitation from Quebec soon, FSW score 490+, not eligible for both Ontario French/Tech streams because of high score). Having said that, I am wondering whether it would be wise to liquate my real estate assets in my country totalling $250K, and go for a 20% down payment for a house in Canada once I get my Visa or not?

Or should I leave these assets in my home country and use their income to pay rent in Canada ?

My current assets bring me an annual rental income of around 5% and thanks to hyperinflation in my country (obviously a 3rd world country), my assets appreciate in value by ~10% (assuming stable exchange rate)

Sorry if my thought are personal and irrelevant to this thread :rolleyes:
Now you are talking with more sense :) If you own the house in your home country then taking an income from the rental will have to be also declared on Canadian Tax Return system each year. I did not really look at this yet but I know there is something that you have to declare. If you are not planning to return to your home country I would just sell the property of and use this money for the down payment for my own house and in the future maybe some additional rental investment. You have lots of options but read about declaring properties that you own outside Canada and if you are getting any income of that.

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021

Depends on where you own that property.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

You should first consider if you can get a decent enough job in Canada to pay your mortgage. You will be paying mortgage for 25 - 30 years.

Reactions: dankboi

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I agree with you, but sometimes when you feel hopeless, you may consider processing updates from other people as positive sign.
Sometimes when it gets hopeless, it helps to talk about something else altogether.