+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Since I am interested in investment, and members here like discussing housing topics, I'd like to share some thoughts here, hoping that someone could bring some valuable insights.

Firstly, I hope to be able to move to Canada within 3 years (excepting an invitation from Quebec soon, FSW score 490+, not eligible for both Ontario French/Tech streams because of high score). Having said that, I am wondering whether it would be wise to liquate my real estate assets in my country totalling $250K, and go for a 20% down payment for a house in Canada once I get my Visa or not?

Or should I leave these assets in my home country and use their income to pay rent in Canada ?

My current assets bring me an annual rental income of around 5% and thanks to hyperinflation in my country (obviously a 3rd world country), my assets appreciate in value by ~10% (assuming stable exchange rate)

Sorry if my thoughts are personal and irrelevant to this thread :rolleyes:
Now you are talking with more sense :) If you own the house in your home country then taking an income from the rental will have to be also declared on Canadian Tax Return system each year. I did not really look at this yet but I know there is something that you have to declare. If you are not planning to return to your home country I would just sell the property of and use this money for the down payment for my own house and in the future maybe some additional rental investment. You have lots of options but read about declaring properties that you own outside Canada and if you are getting any income of that.
Depends on where you own that property.
You should first consider if you can get a decent enough job in Canada to pay your mortgage. You will be paying mortgage for 25 - 30 years.
Sometimes when it gets hopeless, it helps to talk about something else altogether.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Shhhhhhhhh...

Post that on FB group hahahaahahahhahahaha they will eat you.
So what? They eat me here too.

Say cec ded: CEC idiots give me shit
Say fsw ded: FSW idiots give me shit
Criticize Canada in the slightest way: FSW worldwide idiots give me shit

I swear man immigrants are so silly...

• Haha
Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Taken from the other thread:

Received remedical request (IMM1017E) yesterday

AOR: Jan 26 2020
COR: India
VO: Ottawa
Stream: FSW-O

I did proactive Upfront medicals on 18th December (wish I had waited) and sent a copy through webform to IRCC which they have not yet updated.

Any one had any success in getting upfront medicals linked to the profile before/after remedical request? Thanks!

P.S. I already requested the clinic to link it at their end.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I did proactive Upfront medicals on 18th December (wish I had waited) and sent a copy through webform to IRCC which they have not yet updated.
Protip for others so they don't end up in this situation: You only provide upfront medicals for your FIRST medical exam. You never do upfront REmedicals, instead you wait for IRCC's response first.

m.soliman

Mar 25, 2020
Thanks for all inputs. Actually, I have a question related to housing that I can't find an easy answer to. In Egypt, we consider real-estate as the safest investment that always goes up and whatever the circumstances are, housing prices NEVER go down. So my question is, do housing prices go up and down in Canada?

I know that we are talking about a housing bubble in Canada, but in my country, the market does not care and keeps going up, although we are talking about that bubble here for decades.

For example, there is no question that a $250K asset in Egypt will be $500K after 6-7 years and $1M after 13-14 years.
In Canada, Could I buy an asset for $1M that may lose 30% or 50% of its value at any point in the future?

I think an answer to this question may help me to decide whether to liquidate my assets and invest in a house in Canada or not.

m.soliman

Mar 25, 2020
You've just ignited a shittalk with that dumbass that'll cover 10 pages.

How to not waste forum pages:

1. Spot dumbass
2. Ignore dumbass
3. Go to 1
I think that a dumbass is someone who waste his time to post 2000+ messages on an online forum, because this implies that he has nothing else in his life (study/business/family) to make him busy.

Reactions: berational

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I think that a dumbass is someone who waste his time to post 2000+ messages on an online forum, because this implies that he has nothing else in his life (study/business/family) to make him busy.
Listen, the first thing that you have to do is to change your attitude to other people. I do not care what is your religion, what is your status in your country and what habits you have. I simply do not care about it. What I care about it is to respect other people which clearly you are not doing. You are the first that started throwing s*** towards us and telling us what we can do and what we cannot do.

You can either take my advice or not but you will have to learn one thing. Respect others and forget about your old habits and the way you treat people, otherwise your Canadian dream will quickly turn around towards your Canadian nightmare ;) this is my little advice.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Listen, the first thing that you have to do is to change your attitude to other people. I do not care what is your religion, what is the status in your country and what habits you have. I simply do not care about it. What I care about it is to respect other people which clearly you are not doing. You are the first that started throwing s*** towards us and telling us what we can do and what we cannot do.

You can either take my advice or not but you will have to learn one thing. Respect others and forget about your old habits and the way you treat people, otherwise your Canadian dream will quickly turn around towards your Canadian nightmare ;) this is my little advice.
i concur!!!

D

Deleted member 1006777

again, his noc ain't falling under oinp, i didn't check other pnp's, @mushymush what's your noc pls.
I'd go through francophone mobility, but they cap the scores for that at 467 I think. I don't even want to go through the trouble of calculating how bad my english needs to be drop my score to that level.

• Wow
Reactions: dankboi

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for all inputs. Actually, I have a question related to housing that I can't find an easy answer to. In Egypt, we consider real-estate as the safest investment that always goes up and whatever the circumstances are, housing prices NEVER go down. So my question is, do housing prices go up and down in Canada?

I know that we are talking about a housing bubble in Canada, but in my country, the market does not care and keeps going up, although we are talking about that bubble here for decades.

For example, there is no question that a $250K asset in Egypt will be $500K after 6-7 years and $1M after 13-14 years.
In Canada, Could I buy an asset for $1M that may lose 30% or 50% of its value at any point in the future?

I think an answer to this question may help me to decide whether to liquidate my assets and invest in a house in Canada or not.
Property value in a short term doesn't really matter if you want to live in that property. In a long run property prices will increase despite the occasional fluctuation. Losing 50% of it's value is unimaginable I think considering that people are full with cash. Just look at the housing bubble in 2008 and look where we are now, property prices are even higher than in 2008.
Also consider inflation in your country. Is your property gaining value nominally only or real value as well? Is the location of the property really good? Is the country stable? and many many more questions
As you have never lived in Canada you don't yet see whether you can secure a job there or whether you will like the country at all.

Cris1987

Jul 14, 2021

Same happens with real state prices in my country and it just frightens me. People might believe like prices won't ever be go down, but I believe that maybe the cycle is way, way longer. At some point people will just say they cannot afford them or simply stop paying mortgage... that's when that long cycle will fluctuate, so don't feel so confident about real state prices in your country