+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
If you have time, read this masterpiece by a future CEC. I don't know whether to feel bad for his misfortunes or laugh at his unpreparedness and naivety.

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/r7rej5/i_regret_coming_to_go_to_canada_and_its_only_been/
worst fear if my partner got an ITA and he couldn’t find a job in his field. I am thinking about this a lot lately because not many jobs are open in Canada for CAE engineers or those openings are in Quebec and request bilingualism.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
If you have time, read this masterpiece by a future CEC. I don't know whether to feel bad for his misfortunes or laugh at his unpreparedness and naivety.

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/r7rej5/i_regret_coming_to_go_to_canada_and_its_only_been/
from his words, I recognized the lack of a plan, his lack of long term goals, and obviously he posted it cause he was suffocated since he was in a comfort zone all his life. Many international students experienced it but they accepted the reality and may have continued to move on. Migration and establishment is not a one year process. this dude should have visited this forum at the least, this forum pops up in the google search.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
worst fear if my partner got an ITA and he couldn’t find a job in his field. I am thinking about this a lot lately because not many jobs are open in Canada for CAE engineers or those openings are in Quebec and request bilingualism.
duck the field, there are many options to make money instead of a career. ofc planning and pursuing it is good but never the only opportunity.
from my personal experience.

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
duck the field, there are many options to make money instead of a career. ofc planning and pursuing it is good but never the only opportunity.
from my personal experience.
It is not about career to be honest but he truly really loves what he is doing for living. :)

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

This comment under that post :

I was born in Canada and have lived here my entire life.

I obviously have no experience emigrating to another country but I’ve made a couple assumptions after reading this post and some of the comments.

1. I assume OP and most anecdotal stories being shared involve moving to Toronto, Montreal, Or Vancouver. These cities are incredibly expensive. Canada is a huge country with hugely varying economic environments. I’d recommend trying smaller cities with populations of less than a million.
  2. If anyone believes Lamborghinis are handed out to everyone in Canada when they turn 16, they are either impressively poorly informed or just plain delusional. These are luxuries only afforded by the top 0.1%.
  3. While I do love Canada and am a proud Canadian, sadly it is pretty common.. especially in smaller more rural areas for Canadians (read: white people born here) to be uneasy about immigrants (read: brown people). This has been amplified by the pandemic which has caused increased xenophobia. I should be clear that a lot of us native Canadians will be awesome, open minded, and welcoming… but ignorant people exist. I’d assert that 95% of the behaviour is legitimate ignorance of cultural context outside of their tiny town. This leaves a small percentage that are just plain assholes.
  4. It might sound harsh… but it sounds like OP was destined to have a bad time before he/she even left India. It was a giant leap into an incredibly expensive area with no financial or personal support. I consider my financial situation to be quite above average in my quaint little Canadian province but I know moving to somewhere like Toronto would likely mean living in a tiny hole in the wall apartment that costs twice as much as the house I’m living in now.
Happy to answer any questions about Canada to the best of my ability!

PS. Also in the tech industry. Living on the Atlantic coast of Canada.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
It is not about career to be honest but he truly really loves what he is doing for living. :)
passion doesn't pay the bills. i love what i graduated in, i love what i did for master's, i may do phd as well because i love the field, but this love never paid me one penny in my life. i worked in a totally different sector then i felt i shall get a graduation in that sector.
either be a entrepreneur who can create jobs or blend in to the most available sector of jobs if we don't want to waste time. for me time=money

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
from his words, I recognized the lack of a plan, his lack of long term goals, and obviously he posted it cause he was suffocated since he was in a comfort zone all his life. Many international students experienced it but they accepted the reality and may have continued to move on. Migration and establishment is not a one year process. this dude should have visited this forum at the least, this forum pops up in the google search.
Honestly I have very little sympathy for this guy. EVERY problem he faced was due his own stupidity.

Reactions: RSub

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hm, I've got a strange thought:
As we see, IRCC depicted its 2022 target for EE (FSW, FST, CEC) as 110,500 people.
In the meantime, in October 2021, the EE backlog for these 3 programs was: 48,225 (CEC) + 51,147 (FSW) + 941 (FST) = 100,313 applicants who stuck in limbo.
Let us think, that by the end of 2021, IRCC will have sent N golden mails.
Thus, the number of (100,313 - N) backlogged applicants will remain in limbo on Jan, 1, and their PPRs will go to the 2022 statistics.
So, the number of possible ITAs which will take place in 2022 will be:
110,500 - (100,313 - N) = 10,187 + N,
where N is the number of COPRs sent between Oct, 27 and Dec, 31.

I see it like communicating vessels - more people get COPRs in 2021, more free space for ITAs in 2022.

And here we meet the point: what is the aim of IRCC?
I mean that if they're simple bureaucrats, they have already reached 90% of their 2022 target for EE. If IRCC gets that its 2021 target is unobtainable, they could decelerate the issuing of COPRs in 2021 and easily smear the remaining EE backlog on all 12 months of 2022 in order to keep working in pace but without burning buttocks. The number of 2022 ITAs will depend only on their agreement to fulfil social obligations. And Sean Frases is the only guy who can affect them. I mean that he ought to be a guy with a whip - I assume that Sean Fraser acknowledges that in 5 years we all will be legit citizens to vote. So, if I were him, I'd wanted us to be grateful citizens. His further actions could show how he plans to cast his future in Canadian politics.
Mendicino, Sean and Trudeau have said everywhere that they will meet this year’s target. That’s all they care for. That’s why they rather have long backlogs and process 2021 inland folks, just for that quota. From your CEC estimate(new FSW and FST COPRs won’t land this year) they will clear about 29k CECs this year. So that N would be 29k, increased by 10k, making it 39k COPRs for next year. But the average processing time in normal times is 6 months, so all AORs July+ would land only in 2023, so the extra 39k for 2022 would be allowed for draws Feb-June. Also, PNP has their own quota, and they are like 500-700 apps. In case of all program draws, the first 500-700 would be PNP so any amount drawn by weekly would have to add the PNP numbers. Considering all this, they could easily hold 3-4K by weekly draws from Feb-June, in a perfect world where everything goes well. We don’t know how IRCC will work though.

Last edited:
Reactions: VVV62 and Jaycejay

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Toronto-area home sales top November record, prices reach all time high

TORONTO — The Greater Toronto Area’s heated real estate market further intensified last month as home sales topped a November record and average selling prices reached a new all-time high.

The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board reported Friday that 9,017 homes changed hands last month, up three per cent from 8,728 during the prior November.

The average home price in the region stretched to $1,163,323, an almost 22 per cent jump from $955,889 in November 2020.

The board said the figures show demand for all types of housing in the region is continuing to outpace supply, but the condo market, in particular, is tightening and prices are accelerating more rapidly in suburban areas.

Brokers and real estate organizations have long attributed the market’s heated conditions to a lack of housing inventory, but during the COVID-19 pandemic, they have also noted that the combination of low interest rates, favourable mortgage terms and the ability to work from home were also driving buyers.

They say many are antsy to get into the market this year, before prices rise even higher and people shift back to working from offices and other facilities again.

“This speaks to the broadening of economic recovery, with first-time buyers moving back into the market in a big way this year,” said TRREB’s chief market analyst Jason Mercer, in a release.

“The condo and townhouse segments, with lower price points on average, will remain popular as population growth picks up over the next two years.”

Last month, TRREB reported the average condo price in the region reached $715,104, while detached homes rang in at more than $1.5 million and townhouses went for about $962,044.

Average prices in the 416 _ a nickname for the city of Toronto that excludes its suburbs _ topped all of the regional averages with detached homes reaching more than $1.8 million, townhouses hitting $981,759 and $745,951 for condos.

In suburban regions of the GTA, known as the 905, the average price was more than $1.4 million for a detached home, $955,010 for a townhouse and $646,211 for a condo.

But across all housing categories there were fewer homes on the market than last November, when the end of the year brought lockdowns and delivered an unexpected spike in home sales.

New listings fell by 13 per cent to 10,036 last month from 11,556 in November 2020.
Prices go up, supply goes down and people are still buying. The bubble will never end like that.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Read to the last part of his article and you wouldn’t say this
still i agree with FurioGiunta . this OP researched on the internet yet his small brain is unable to accept the realities. many people move doesn't mean anyone can. His previous life setup is still clinging onto him which is refusing to leave his back, if someone is trying to immigrate then the strong reason behind it is to leave it forever and accept the realities of the destination country and go through everything to establish down.

I purposely didn't say in the first comment that op is stupid but now i am forced to say it. The OP is stupid. if he'd have come to the UK, he'd have left the country quick with the leftover refund. immigration ain't for everyone. you, me and most of us here knows it.

Reactions: fswinlander

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Read to the last part of his article and you wouldn’t say this
Eh I can feel sorry that he got scammed by an immigration agent, but he has a woe is me attitude. It seems like he hasn't learned anything from his experience and just wants to rant about how amazing things were back home.

Reactions: Jaycejay

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Eh I can feel sorry that he got scammed by an immigration agent, but he has a woe is me attitude. It seems like he hasn't learned anything from his experience and just wants to rant about how amazing things were back home.
millions of folks are being scammed everyday, every minute, if i get scammed why should someone else give one flying fuck about it?
i got scammed, yeah, my bad , this shouldn't happen again.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canada gives priority to international students in almost everything, especially when it comes to immigration. we saw it from march 2020 until now. which country in the world ever did this to the international students?
I have no idea, if there are then please shed some light.
Imagine, ircc is handing out tr2pr to such silly international students