+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

I think people need to also reflect on competing in a hyper competitive job market as well, which is only going to get worse with the number of people which are immigrating at this rate.
Yeah and people don't wanna understand the reason of that hyper competition: There are very, very few jobs in Canada compared to the amount of skilled workers in Canada.

This is not an immigration problem. Even Canadians themselves struggle themselves and would still do even if there weren't as many immigrants; there's just not enough jobs. This problem is the same as the housing problem; dumbasses think it has to do with immigrants whereas it's the lack of houses.

There's only one way out: Canada needs to elect a conservative government who will;

1. bring jobs to Canada (no idea how, one way is actively try to become a cheap skills backyard for the US somehow)

2. obliterate the Chinese housing mafia by passing a law that enforces land owners to build and sell/rent houses on their land. If the property is being sold, the law should enforce that it can only be sold to Canadian citizens. The law should also disallow foreigners to buy land in Canada.

Reactions: guelphite

Marco Mendicino

Star Member
Nov 25, 2021
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yeah and people don't wanna understand the reason of that hyper competition: There are very, very few jobs in Canada compared to the amount of skilled workers in Canada.

This is not an immigration problem. Even Canadians themselves struggle themselves and would still do even if there weren't as many immigrants; there's just not enough jobs. This problem is the same as the housing problem; dumbasses think it has to do with immigrants whereas it's the lack of houses.

There's only one way out: Canada needs to elect a conservative government who will;

1. bring jobs to Canada (no idea how, one way is actively try to become a cheap skills backyard for the US somehow)

2. obliterate the Chinese housing mafia by passing a law that enforces land owners to build and sell/rent houses on their land. If the property is being sold, the law should enforce that it can only be sold to a Canadian citizens. The law should also forbid foreigners from buying land in Canada.
I agree, Conservatives are the answer. We need to boot Tru-doh

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Maybe this new program is targeted at inland applicants only because getting a job offer from outside Canada is very difficult and the requirement is to fill the job right now instead of 1-2 years later right? Inland applicants already have a big advantage at getting a nomination in general so this new program sounds stupid AF with the job offer requirement.
Possibly. I got an LMIA from outside Canada back when i moved, and i know generally, it is a lot harder now than it was then. Conversely, outland LMIAs tend to be more favourable in regions and provinces that don’t get as much immigration interest as the big centres like Ontario, BC, and Quebec. Sask currently fits into that mold and has lots of growth potential for those in-demand sectors. Expect to see other provinces follow suit next year with similar pilot programs.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

2. obliterate the Chinese housing mafia by passing a law that enforces land owners to build and sell/rent houses on their land. If the property is being sold, the law should enforce that it can only be sold to Canadian citizens. The law should also disallow foreigners to buy land in Canada.
I think the job situation can be improved incrementally, but i think the other side of the equation is more controversial because there is probably too much immigration if we're being honest.

But there are lobbies in Canada who like it like real estate, because they drive up prices and it's a boon for them.

The housing issue is also hard to solve because the real estate lobby is very powerful here.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

The other side to this is even if there are more jobs than job seekers, employers will never hire just anyone unless they have them "skillz".

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Their politics is the play here. the politics fucked up their image. To add to it ! their laziness and incompetence which never is a standard for any developed country. simply having universal health care doesn't make a country better.
Btw what attracted me is the very little population, less people, less shit to deal with and the landscapes. Apart from this i don't have any reasons to go there
And its a gateway to Mericaaaa….nothing beats US when it comes to career growth and salary. Everything else is shit. Pure shit.!!!

D

Deleted member 1050918

I think the job situation can be improved incrementally, but i think the other side of the equation is more controversial because there is probably too much immigration if we're being honest.

But there are lobbies in Canada who like it like real estate, because they drive up prices and it's a boon for them.

The housing issue is also hard to solve because the real estate lobby is very powerful here.
Yes there is too much immigration but why is it too much? Because the number of jobs can't keep up. As I said, cancel all immigration today and you'll still see competition is high because again, there are simply not enough jobs in Canada.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I honestly think Canada is trying to stuff a large number of clothes into a tiny suitcase with immigration just because it is direly needed for the "economy". If immigrants are unable to find a proper job, they will just leave wasting all that effort to make them immigrate in the first place.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I honestly think Canada is trying to stuff a large number of clothes into a tiny suitcase with immigration just because it is direly needed for the "economy". If immigrants are unable to find a proper job, they will just leave wasting all that effort to make them immigrate in the first place.
I got a lot of shit whenever I tried to tell people finding a proper job in Canada is a real challenge.

Other developed countries guarantee that you'll find a job, but it is not a guarantee you'll have permanent status, so you might end up having to leave;
Canada guarantees that you'll have permanent status, but it is not a guarantee you'll find a proper job, so you might end up having to leave

Reactions: blackfox

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If we're being honest, one of the issues is the turnover rate for immigrants. Many of them end up leaving for greener pastures elsewhere.

So in the end, you have to replace them as well.

I know people whose entire social group has disappeared because most of them left for other countries.

Yes there is too much immigration but why is it too much? Because the number of jobs can't keep up. As I said, cancel all immigration today and you'll still see competition is high because again, there are simply not enough jobs in Canada.
It's complacency, there's too much dependence on the U.S.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I got a lot of shit whenever I tried to tell people finding a proper job in Canada is a real challenge.

Other developed countries guarantee that you'll find a job, but it is not a guarantee you'll have permanent status, so you might end up having to leave;
Canada guarantees that you'll have permanent status, but it is not a guarantee you'll find a proper job, so you might end up having to leave
We should also not forget that despite this, the cost of living in Canada is extremely high.

D

Deleted member 1050918

We should also not forget that despite this, the cost of living in Canada is extremely high.
That's mainly because housing costs are high. Food, bills, and taxes (kinda) are quite cheap actually. But thanks to the Chinese and other foreign invaders (housing mafia) it's impossible to rent or buy a house.