+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Okay, that's fair. Not sure how popular a point that will be with people who are pre-ITA however.
Canada played itself. they revealed what they are, now the pre-ita folks understood, there is no need to land there to realize the essence of the country.
The government used covid for their benefits and as an excuse, also they know the consequences of their actions yet they did it.
Imagine, a country and their system that became a nightmare to foreigners and even becoming embarrassment to other countries that are in the same list.
I am constantly reminded of this quote, once a coworker told me "our country is a third world in disguise" by a Canadian who moved to the UK. I am not personally changed by any of their plays cause I don't have long term plans in Canada.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Saskatchewan announces new immigration program
Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot Program created to support Saskatchewan's labour market demands in key sectors.

Saskatchewan announced a new immigration pilot on November 25.

The Hard-To-Fill Skills Pilot will allow Saskatchewan employers to recruit international talent for certain in-demand occupations. The eligible jobs under this pilot will include entry-level positions that may require on-the-job training. The sectors with the highest labour demands in Saskatchewan include health, manufacturing, agriculture, ag-tech, construction, hospitality, and retail.

“The demand for labour in our province is strong, and it’s only going to increase with the significant economic projects recently announced in Saskatchewan,” Immigration and Career Training Minister Jeremy Harrison said in a media release. “This new Hard-To-Fill Skills Pilot—developed in Saskatchewan for Saskatchewan—is progress on our autonomy discussions with the federal government and is going to help provide employers with greater access to international options to recruit workers. This is in addition to record investments into training and up-skilling our provincial workforce, as we enter a period of strong growth coming out of the global pandemic.”

Workers nominated through this Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) stream will be supported by their employers and community. The pilot is scheduled to launch in December 2021.

“This is very positive news for businesses in the hospitality industry in Saskatchewan,” Hospitality Saskatchewan President and CEO Jim Bence said in the release. “This pilot project is designed to attract talent and a great program for all sectors currently experiencing labour recruitment challenges in the province. While we always work hard to exhaust every opportunity to hire locally, we have to be creative to ensure we have the right labour supply to help our business and communities grow and thrive in Saskatchewan, something this very unique program will be especially helpful with post-COVID.”

Some of the eligibility criteria for candidates include:

• Have a full-time, permanent offer of employment and SINP job approval letter for an eligible occupation from a registered Saskatchewan employer;
  • Meet a minimum Canadian official language proficiency level; and
  • Meet the minimum educational and work experience requirements, which includes having at least one year of work experience in the same occupation as the job offer or six-months work experience in that job in Saskatchewan.
Currently, the release does not say which occupations are eligible, the minimum education requirement, nor the exact language proficiency level required.

For employers to be eligible, they have to demonstrate they have made extensive efforts to hire domestically before they can use the pilot for recruitment. They also need to demonstrate the need and benefit for their business, and fulfill requirements related to providing settlement support for the workers. No further specifics have been released.

Marco Mendicino

Star Member
Nov 25, 2021
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot Program created to support Saskatchewan's labour market demands in key sectors.

The Hard-To-Fill Skills Pilot will allow Saskatchewan employers to recruit international talent for certain in-demand occupations. The eligible jobs under this pilot will include entry-level positions that may require on-the-job training. The sectors with the highest labour demands in Saskatchewan include health, manufacturing, agriculture, ag-tech, construction, hospitality, and retail.

“The demand for labour in our province is strong, and it’s only going to increase with the significant economic projects recently announced in Saskatchewan,” Immigration and Career Training Minister Jeremy Harrison said in a media release. “This new Hard-To-Fill Skills Pilot—developed in Saskatchewan for Saskatchewan—is progress on our autonomy discussions with the federal government and is going to help provide employers with greater access to international options to recruit workers. This is in addition to record investments into training and up-skilling our provincial workforce, as we enter a period of strong growth coming out of the global pandemic.”

Workers nominated through this Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) stream will be supported by their employers and community. The pilot is scheduled to launch in December 2021.

“This is very positive news for businesses in the hospitality industry in Saskatchewan,” Hospitality Saskatchewan President and CEO Jim Bence said in the release. “This pilot project is designed to attract talent and a great program for all sectors currently experiencing labour recruitment challenges in the province. While we always work hard to exhaust every opportunity to hire locally, we have to be creative to ensure we have the right labour supply to help our business and communities grow and thrive in Saskatchewan, something this very unique program will be especially helpful with post-COVID.”

• Have a full-time, permanent offer of employment and SINP job approval letter for an eligible occupation from a registered Saskatchewan employer;
  • Meet the minimum educational and work experience requirements, which includes having at least one year of work experience in the same occupation as the job offer or six-months work experience in that job in Saskatchewan.
Currently, the release does not say which occupations are eligible, the minimum education requirement, nor the exact language proficiency level required.

For employers to be eligible, they have to demonstrate they have made extensive efforts to hire domestically before they can use the pilot for recruitment. They also need to demonstrate the need and benefit for their business, and fulfill requirements related to providing settlement support for the workers. No further specifics have been released.
SIMP, my favorite PNP program!

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

"Hard to fill jobs" but still requires a job offer :D. With IRCC's ridiculous timelines, I doubt the job offer will be available after 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: VVV62 and dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
"Hard to fill jobs" but still requires a job offer :D. With IRCC's ridiculous timelines, I doubt the job offer will be available after 2 years.
when i started researching about EE, i was reading through the pnp requirements and felt stupid. Provinces crying that people ain't staying there, and on top of that they ask for job offer to be considered for application. People leave upon realizing there's no job and the same bitchy province demands a job offer.

This is similar to something we came across yesterday! "extended and expired at the same time" by IRCC

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
when i started researching about EE, i was reading through the pnp requirements and felt stupid. Provinces crying that people ain't staying there, and on top of that they ask for job offer to be considered for application. People leave upon realizing there's no job and the same bitchy province demands a job offer.

This is similar to something we came across yesterday! "extended and expired at the same time" by IRCC
Maybe give them the nomination and a work permit without the job offer until PR is in process or just give them the f***ing work permit first? I don't understand how there is a big labor shortage in Canada but getting a work permit from outside is next to impossible. It's like if you want to work in Canada, come permanently or don't come at all, very Mendicino way of thinking.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It is a bit of a dumb requirement, but it also isn’t contradictory. In effect, it puts the onus on would be applicants to show they intend to have solid ties to the Province via the offer. On the flip side, it makes the employers taking part in the program have some level of commitment to both the applicant and the program.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Marco Mendicino

Star Member
Nov 25, 2021
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Maybe give them the nomination and a work permit without the job offer until PR is in process or just give them the f***ing work permit first? I don't understand how there is a big labor shortage in Canada but getting a work permit from outside is next to impossible. It's like if you want to work in Canada, come permanently or don't come at all, very Mendicino way of thinking.
"
"

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Canada played itself. they revealed what they are, now the pre-ita folks understood, there is no need to land there to realize the essence of the country.
The government used covid for their benefits and as an excuse, also they know the consequences of their actions yet they did it.
Imagine, a country and their system that became a nightmare to foreigners and even becoming embarrassment to other countries that are in the same list.
I am constantly reminded of this quote, once a coworker told me "our country is a third world in disguise" by a Canadian who moved to the UK. I am not personally changed by any of their plays cause I don't have long term plans in Canada.
I think Canada's place in the development tiers is a complex issue.

I think there are issues with complacency, and it's not as organised as other first world countries like the UK and US.

Calling it third world is a bridge too far however, i think there are lot of things which work well here, and there are others which don't work as well and need improvement. But that's the case everywhere.

I'll say that immigration is out of hand now to be honest, the goals are too high, the system is not set up to deal with such a work load, and covid has only made things worse. I think they need to reflect on that.

I think people need to also reflect on competing in a hyper competitive job market as well, which is only going to get worse with the number of people which are immigrating at this rate.

It just seems unsustainable and we're seeing that play out already.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Any news about the freaking mandate letters??

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It is a bit of a dumb requirement, but it also isn’t contradictory. In effect, it puts the onus on would be applicants to show they intend to have solid ties to the Province via the offer. On the flip side, it makes the employers taking part in the program have some level of commitment to both the applicant and the program.
Maybe this new program is targeted at inland applicants only because getting a job offer from outside Canada is very difficult and the requirement is to fill the job right now instead of 1-2 years later right? Inland applicants already have a big advantage at getting a nomination in general so this new program sounds stupid AF with the job offer requirement.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I think Canada's place in the development tiers is a complex issue.

I think there are issues with complacency, and it's not as organised as other first world countries like the UK and US.

Calling it third world is a bridge too far however, i think there are lot of things which work well here, and there are others which don't work as well and need improvement. But that's the case everywhere.

I'll say that immigration is out of hand now to be honest, the goals are too high, the system is not set up to deal with such a work load, and covid has only made things worse. I think they need to reflect on that.

I think people need to also reflect on competing in a hyper competitive job market as well, which is only going to get worse with the number of people which are immigrating at this rate.

It just seems unsustainable and we're seeing that play out already.
Their politics is the play here. the politics fucked up their image. To add to it ! their laziness and incompetence which never is a standard for any developed country. simply having universal health care doesn't make a country better.
Btw what attracted me is the very little population, less people, less shit to deal with and the landscapes. Apart from this i don't have any reasons to go there

Reactions: RSub