+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

I agree to this. I am in "tech" only. One big reason is that "tech" is not mafia-ized as other engineering fields are. Try doing this in civil. EGBC or similar mafia will make it impossible for you to find a job.
Yeah man. It's an entirely different world with different circumstances outside of IT/software/compsci. My comments on the Canadian job market are always about fields outside of that branch of occupations. Tech people can find decent employment anywhere. Like here's an example averaged over the past few months for AB and BC;

I search jobs in my current field on linkedin and indeed.ca = 0 results in AB - maybe 1 result in BC at a small office/startup
I search 2 or 3 parallel fields = 0 results in AB - 1 or 2 results in BC
I search some software fields or data science or machine learning = 200 results in AB - 350 results in BC

Data speaks for itself. This is what I've been trying to show.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah man. It's an entirely different world with different circumstances outside of IT/software/compsci. My comments on the Canadian job market are always about fields outside of that branch of occupations. Tech people can find decent employment anywhere. Like here's an example averaged over the past few months for AB and BC;

I search jobs in my current field on linkedin and indeed.ca = 0 results in AB - maybe 1 result in BC at a small office/startup
I search 2 or 3 parallel fields = 0 results in AB - 1 or 2 results in BC
I search some software fields or data science or machine learning = 200 results in AB - 350 results in BC

Data speaks for itself. This is what I've been trying to show.
Alberta never invites tech NOC's and they must have done some research to invite your occupation, maybe you will have a better idea once you land.

Reactions: Lc4life
D

Deleted member 1050918

Alberta never invites tech NOC's and they must have done some research to invite your occupation, maybe you will have a better idea once you land.
My occupation (as in NOC) has dozens of fields under it. The only field(s) Alberta has among those is in oil&gas, mining, construction, energy. This is how dumb the current PNP is actually. They invite NOCs but they don't consider fields. You could pick me and another professional with the same NOC and our careers could easily be worlds apart.

I think they should ask for CVs or resumes when considering inviting someone under a PNP. It'd be such a pain to get a PNP ITA but yeah.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
My occupation (as in NOC) has dozens of fields under it. The only field(s) Alberta has among those is in oil&gas, mining, construction, energy. This is how dumb the current PNP is actually. They invite NOCs but they don't consider fields. You could pick me and another professional with the same NOC and our careers could easily be worlds apart.

I think they should ask for CVs or resumes when considering inviting someone under a PNP. It'd be such a pain to get a PNP ITA but yeah.
At least you got the PNP invite which many people are dying to get a chance for :D

OINP invites only 6 tech NOC's, some of them might have some overlap with 2173 based on actual job duties but for the most part, they are unique.

D

Deleted member 1050918

At least you got the PNP invite which many people are dying to get a chance for :D

OINP invites only 6 tech NOC's, some of them might have some overlap with 2173 based on actual job duties but for the most part, they are unique.
Yeah dude I'm grateful to at least have received an invitation. You know, my situation actually sort of helps me break free from PNP's shackles. I can truly almost never find a job in AB in my field so I either need to change fields drastically in my NOC or go outside of my NOC and do software etc. I can very easily prove this by recording my job search, applications, interviews, offers over 6-12 months while I look for a job in another province.

This is not my ideal route though. I really wanna live in AB but I can't starve or settle for flipping burgers or driving Uber you know.

Reactions: seadrag0n

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
https://canadianimmigrant.ca/immigrate/immigration-law/the-increasing-role-of-ai-in-visa-processing?fbclid=IwAR2nK8-HsycLRUSbhqT5wR0OJeHVZ7w6C6Msfwjx2agaJscQSpNuwclEXJA

IRCC has introduced software so that officers can bulk process applications. The software tool is known as Chinook.
According to an affidavit that IRCC filed in Federal Court, Chinook is a standalone tool that streamlines administrative steps. Applicant information is extracted from their applications and presented in a spreadsheet. Visa officers are assigned a workload of applications through Chinook. They are able to see multiple applications at a time on a single spreadsheet.
This allows them to review the contents of multiple applications on a single screen and allows them to complete administrative steps through batch processes. It also allows visa officers to create “risk indicators” and “local word flags” so that officers can identify possible applications in the processing queue of concern or priority.
Lol seems like IRCC has just discovered the concept of scalability.

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Th
https://canadianimmigrant.ca/immigrate/immigration-law/the-increasing-role-of-ai-in-visa-processing?fbclid=IwAR2nK8-HsycLRUSbhqT5wR0OJeHVZ7w6C6Msfwjx2agaJscQSpNuwclEXJA

IRCC has introduced software so that officers can bulk process applications. The software tool is known as Chinook.
According to an affidavit that IRCC filed in Federal Court, Chinook is a standalone tool that streamlines administrative steps. Applicant information is extracted from their applications and presented in a spreadsheet. Visa officers are assigned a workload of applications through Chinook. They are able to see multiple applications at a time on a single spreadsheet.
This allows them to review the contents of multiple applications on a single screen and allows them to complete administrative steps through batch processes. It also allows visa officers to create “risk indicators” and “local word flags” so that officers can identify possible applications in the processing queue of concern or priority.
Did they say when they’ll start using it?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Th

Did they say when they’ll start using it?
It has already been in use. If you are finding out about it through Federal Court docs, then that represents a delay of months.

Batch processing isn’t new, IRCC has been using it in some form since the CIO became operational.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Lol seems like IRCC has just discovered the concept of scalability.
Interesting that this system got introduced just after a new minister is sworn in, and actually started saying something about backlogs. I think IRCC is headed at the right path this time, what's worrying though is public safety, if you catch my drift. Hopefully he's not the one in charge of CSBA.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Interesting that this system got introduced just after a new minister is sworn in, and actually started saying something about backlogs. I think IRCC is headed at the right path this time, what's worrying though is public safety, if you catch my drift. Hopefully he's not the one in charge of CSBA.
IRCC is headed at the right path this time

not sure right or wrong, but they have been on a path since march 2020.

Archana Reghu

Nov 20, 2021
Can anybody tell me please how to migrate to Canada.Iam currently at UK . Finished my MBA here.I want to get PR in Canada.Can anyone help me please?
Thank you

Tiaraxx

Star Member
Oct 7, 2021
outland (India)
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Med's Request
01-10-2021
Med's Done....
05-10-2021
Passport Req..
waiting
Can anybody tell me please how to migrate to Canada.Iam currently at UK . Finished my MBA here.I want to get PR in Canada.Can anyone help me please?
Thank you
you just need to give IELTS exam and get it into express entry pool. Express entry has point system; you'll get points for your study, work experience and English language proficiency.