+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
They do but they are far far easier and quicker to process than FSW or PNP.
But the problem is that they have a LOT process, not the type of application. An FSW/PNP does take longer to complete, but after the initial time delta, there should be not much difference between processing an X amounts of generic applications vs X amounts of CEC applications.

To put into perspective, let's say on average a CEC application takes about 5 months. While an FSW/PNP takes about 9 months. Looking at a cumulative count assuming an intake of 9000 applications per month (4500 draws x 2),

CEC after 5 months = 9,000 (those who applied at the beginning)
CEC after 6 months = 18,000 (those who applied at the beginning + those who applied at the 1st month)
CEC after 7 months = 27,000 (those who applied at the beginning + 1st month + 2nd month)
CEC after 8 months = 36,000
CEC after 9 months = 45,000
CEC after 10 months = 54,000
CEC after 12 months = 63,000
CEC after 20 months = 135,000
CEC after 30 months = 225,000
CEC after 50 months = 405,000

After 50 months the total #of CEC applicants processed would be 405,000

Generic Draws after 9 months = 9,000
Generic Draws after 10 months = 18,000
Generic Draws after 11 months = 27,000
Generic Draws after 12 months = 36,000
Generic Draws after 20 months = 108,000
Generic Draws after 30 months = 198,000
Generic Draws after 50 months = 378,000

After 50 months the total #of Generic Draws processed would be 378,000, a difference of 27,000.

Even if you extrapolate this to say 100/200 months, the delta will remain constant at 27,000 because once the initial lag has finished, the process has already been pipelined and in parallel with the previous applications.

I personally don't think that this 27,000 difference would matter much given that, right now their goal seems to be clearing the backlogs. Once the backlogs are cleared to a certain level, then they would most likely start inviting people again, and as these new invitations come in, they will keep clearing the backlogs while waiting for the security/criminality/biometrics/medical of these new applications, that way they can keep giving a certain amount of PPRs and a ITAs in parallel.

Gourav160391

May 3, 2021
I m waiting from June 2019. My application transferred to Etobicoke for further review. There is no update after this. I have approved oinp.

any idea what i need to do now

javillaxy

Oct 19, 2019
Soaring backlogs, disgruntled applicants — Canada’s immigration system has been upended by COVID-19. This is the man in charge of fixing it

Via The Toronto Star | November 18, 2021
Sean Fraser says he knew what he was getting into when he was tapped to be Canada’s next immigration minister.

“Things are at such a strained point as a result of COVID-19 that I see an opportunity to make an extraordinary difference coming from this particular starting point,” the Nova Scotia MP says. “There are no shortage of challenges ahead of me.”

Few other federal services have seen so much disruption as the immigration system during the pandemic, with the operation grinding to a halt and staff working remotely with antiquated infrastructure and travel restricted for newcomers abroad due to border closures.

It’s laid bare the many existing problems with immigration operations, from out-of-date technologies that still relied on paper applications and processing, to administrative red tape built up over the years and a lack of resources to meet the insatiable demand for immigration to this country.

In his first major media interview since inheriting the job on Oct. 26. from Marco Mendicino, now the public safety minister, Fraser, a rising star within the Trudeau government, highlighted some of the priorities that call for his immediate attention.

As countries worldwide are all trying to reopen their economies at the same time and competing for the same pool of workers, he said Canada must stay competitive in the global search of talent.

Streamlining the system and digitalizing the application process will be crucial to boosting the processing capacity of the immigration system and improving user experience, he added.

“We have to make a decision of whether we’re going to increase the overall levels to accommodate the intense demand that we’re seeing from people who want to come to Canada,” Fraser said.

“If there’s going to be 400,000 people that are able to come to Canada in a given year and we have 700,000 applicants, it doesn’t take a PhD in mathematics to understand that that’s going to lead to a further buildup of the backlog. So we do have to take strategic decisions about how many people our communities can accommodate successfully.”

As of July 31, according to the immigration department, more than 561,700 people were in the queue for permanent residence and 748,381 had a pending temporary residence application as students, workers or visitors while the backlog for citizenship stood at 376,458 people.

Fraser says he doesn’t have a target timeline for how long it will take to eliminate the backlog, but there are numerous initiatives already in place toward that goal — and other changes will also be made.

“I don’t want to communicate to you today that in a short period of time, all of these problems will be fixed. They weren’t made overnight and they won’t be fixed overnight,” he said.

“I want to accelerate the work that’s going to help clear some of these backlogs. It’s going to make the process less painful for families that are trying to pursue a new life or reunite with their loved ones or find a job to contribute to our economy.”

Fraser said the digitalization of citizenship applications has already taken place and in the months ahead, there will be “serious reforms” on applications for spousal reunification.

There could also be legislative changes in order to remove what Fraser calls the system’s “choke points” as new policies are being developed.

For example, he said it just doesn’t make sense to deny entry of a foreign national with a pending family reunification application to be with their spouse or children in Canada because of their intent to stay in the country permanently. The provision in the law has set many families apart while their applications are in process, sometimes for years.

“It’s easy to get bogged down in a conversation about the number of cases and the inventory. But in my role, you will not succeed if you don’t realize that every one of these cases or numbers in the inventory represents a human being,” Fraser said.

“This will take longer than most people would like, longer than I would like. But if you want to change a system as large as Canada’s immigration regime, to do it right and to succeed, you have to put the time in.”

Born in Antigonish and raised in Merigomish, a small community in Nova’s Scotia’s Pictou County, Fraser is one of the rare immigration ministers from rural Canada.

Like many young people from small remote communities, he — and his five sisters — had to leave for larger urban centres for education and job opportunities. With an undergraduate degree in science from St. Francis Xavier University, the 37-year-old went on to study law at Dalhousie University and at Leiden University in the Netherlands before working at a large law firm in Calgary.

Many communities have struggled with an aging population and out-migration of young people, and immigration is a crucial part of the solution, he said.

“When you have more people around the world coming up, coming into your community, opening businesses, opening restaurants, creating a more dynamic place to live, you see more Canadians flocking to those communities to have that kind of dynamic culture and life experience as well,” said Fraser.

Fraser said the bulk of most of his days since his appointment as the immigration minister has evolved around the Afghan refugee resettlement. The Liberal government has made a commitment to bring in 40,000 Afghan newcomers and so far only 3,500 have made it to Canada.
“Canadians are right to be frustrated about what’s going on in Afghanistan,” he said. “The reality on the ground right now is that we don’t have access the way we did in Syria, and that’s the equation that a lot of Canadians I think are trying to make.”

The government’s strategy is to work with partners in Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates and the United States — all struggling to resettle the Afghan refugees — to bring the Afghans to a permanent home. “Our commitment does not waver,” he said.

Although he was honoured by Maclean’s magazine as the “Best Orator” and a finalist for “Rising Star” in the last government, Fraser said he’s just a guy who cares deeply about people.

“I very much want to ensure that Canada treats people with a sense of dignity, respect and fairness.”

Nicholas Keung is a Toronto-based reporter covering immigration for the Star. Follow him on Twitter: @nkeung

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/11/18/soaring-backlogs-disgruntled-applicants-canadas-immigration-system-has-been-upended-by-covid-19-this-is-the-man-in-charge-of-fixing-it.html

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
This will take longer than most people would like, longer than I would like. But if you want to change a system as large as Canada’s immigration regime, to do it right and to succeed, you have to put the time in.”

This will definitely take a very long time if IRR only issues 3-5 PPR/day from the 50.000 FSW-O backlog like a lottery. Should we expect waiting 2 more years? Classic politician bullshit, talking 2 pages of stuff and there is no answer, nor any roadmap for outlanders in it.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Soaring backlogs, disgruntled applicants — Canada’s immigration system has been upended by COVID-19. This is the man in charge of fixing it

Fraser said he’s just a guy who cares deeply about people.

“I very much want to ensure that Canada treats people with a sense of dignity, respect and fairness.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/11/18/soaring-backlogs-disgruntled-applicants-canadas-immigration-system-has-been-upended-by-covid-19-this-is-the-man-in-charge-of-fixing-it.html
Hope he's not lying. MM has created an angry generation of immigrants who will eventually become angry citizens.

This will take longer than most people would like, longer than I would like. But if you want to change a system as large as Canada’s immigration regime, to do it right and to succeed, you have to put the time in.”

This will definitely take a very long time if IRR only issues 3-5 PPR/day from the 50.000 FSW-O backlog like a lottery. Should we expect waiting 2 more years? Classic politician bullshit, talking 2 pages of stuff and there is no answer, nor any roadmap for outlanders in it.
I didn't take that as "We'll take 2 years clearing up the backlog" because it's talking about "changing Canada's immigration regime" so it's talking about something much larger than backlog, and possibly much larger than all the EE changes we talked about.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Soaring backlogs, disgruntled applicants. fucked up lives, broken families, destroyed careers, failed marriages and gone wild forums — Canada’s immigration system has been upended by COVID-19 and IRCC's laziness. No man can fix it

But immigrants cause housing crisis

Reactions: HA1986

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I didn't take that as "We'll take 2 years clearing up the backlog" because it's talking about "changing Canada's immigration regime" so it's talking about something much larger than backlog, and possibly much larger than all the EE changes we talked about.
Maybe the guy will dump everything and start from scratch.

Reactions: dankboi

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Soaring backlogs, disgruntled applicants. fucked up lives, broken families, destroyed careers, failed marriages and gone wild forums — Canada’s immigration system has been upended by COVID-19 and IRCC's laziness. No man can fix it

But immigrants cause housing crisis
You forgot Afghanistan crisis, climate change and Taylor Swift's new song.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Usually, I also agree with application cancellation but if that is the case why are people getting remeds and ADR and alot getting ppr.
Ee draw is dead ,yesterday someone was telling fsw has 29k Principal application, why should they take the risk of cancellation of those applications, it doesn't make any sense

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
You're probably right. It is just that waiting an insane amount of time made me easier to get triggered.

I believe a significant portion of the FSW-O people who've been waiting around 2+ years will probably require psychological help once we make it to Canada. People have been deceived, humiliated and mentally tortured for such a long time.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Oh please don't start another "what if they dump all applications" stupidity again. We've talked about it with facts over 10 times in this thread. This is never going to happen. Furthermore, the new minister says they'll clear the backlog, not "dump it". This conspiracy theory isn't helping anyone.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Nah I doubt it. What I'm expecting is that we'll see the end of "skilled" immigration as we know today; they'll probably limit the number of STEM etc skilled people they invite considerably. It was already known Canada doesn't need skilled professionals since Canada produces nothing but only consumes, and most of Canada's workforce is in service exactly because of Canada being a consumer and not a producer. So they're probably finally admitting this in the form of an EE change. Minister said "regime"; that's a big word, I doubt he merely referred to the NOC change (which is only bad news for some NOC B fellas anyway).

You're probably right. It is just that waiting an insane amount of time made me easier to get triggered.

will probably require psychological help once we make it to Canada
My experience shows that you won't need pschy help because of what you've been through outside of Canada (waiting for EE), but what you will go through IN Canada lol. Just wait till you're in Canada looking for a job, you'll know what I mean.

Reactions: novascotia27

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Nah I doubt it. What I'm expecting is that we'll see the end of "skilled" immigration as we know today; they'll probably limit the number of STEM etc skilled people they invite considerably. It was already known Canada doesn't need skilled professionals since Canada produces nothing but only consumes, and most of Canada's workforce is in service exactly because of Canada being a consumer and not a producer. So they're probably finally admitting this in the form of an EE change. Minister said "regime"; that's a big word, I doubt he merely referred to the NOC change (which is only bad news for some NOC B fellas anyway).

My experience shows that you won't need pschy help because of what you've been through outside of Canada (waiting for EE), but what you will go through IN Canada lol. Just wait till you're in Canada looking for a job, you'll know what I mean.
You sound like you are surprised by all this. Did you expect Canada to welcome you in as part of the ruling/elite class? You start as serfs and work your way up. Some will make it to a decent living, others will succumb.

And it's the same for any country.