+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Does it do any good for us,I know I sound like an idiot but they were able to fill the target without anyone from outland fsw ,what will be different next year.
Well, backlogs have finally become an issue in news, and he has been talking about worldwide workers to meet shortages, so I’m guessing increasing that cap can help with the backlogs next year. Specially since they have a refugee backlog 3x their quota for next year, so raising total quota would allow them to process those without harming economic immigration.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Resuming regular draws next year would be the most illogical thing IRCC can do given the giant backlog.
Interesting. A few people here were shitting on me for suggesting the FSW backlogs wont be cleared soon, and we shouldn't expect all program draws as early as January. How quickly the tables turn.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Resuming regular draws next year would be the most illogical thing IRCC can do given the giant backlog.
Hardly. They’ll simply adjust draws to match their processing speed for the different classes at various points in time. Probably on a quarterly basis. For as long as they can process at a certain rate to maintain their landing quota, while keeping application intake at a level where they can hit ~6 months of processing. Barring external factors, like another pandemic. Or acts of God. Or war, etc.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Interesting. A few people here were shitting on me for suggesting the FSW backlogs wont be cleared soon, and we shouldn't expect all program draws as early as January. How quickly the tables turn.
Current PR backlog is large enough to accommodate next year's target and even have some leftover applications. Spouse applications seems have the biggest share so if large draws are resumed, maybe all spouse applicants should sue IRCC for piling on the backlog.

Hardly. They’ll simply adjust draws to match their processing speed for the different classes at various points in time. Probably on a quarterly basis. For as long as they can process at a certain rate to maintain their landing quota, while keeping application intake at a level where they can hit ~6 months of processing. Barring external factors, like another pandemic. Or acts of God. Or war, etc.
So, small sized draws?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Current PR backlog is large enough to accommodate next year's target and even have some leftover applications. Spouse applications seems have the biggest share so if large draws are resumed, maybe all spouse applicants should sue IRCC for piling on the backlog.

So, small sized draws?
2k draws by-weekly wouldn't be an issue in the backlog. Almost half would go to PNP. They would probably finalize only 2023 though.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Ppr where you at baby, can't wait to resign my job
Unless you're in IT/compsci/software, you'll be dreaming of your current job when you realize it's taking you 6-12 months to find a non-survival job in Canada.

https://careers.workopolis.com/advice/how-long-does-it-take-canadians-to-get-a-new-job/ It says:

Job searches can last anywhere from two days to over a year, but for most people it is roughly four months.

The article doesn't mention "immigrants" so we can understand Canadian citizens were included in the poll too. For immigrants it takes longer than that so go figure.