Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Do you guys offer Canadians less pay than Americans? Or at least try to buy em off with a lower paycheck? Since they're kinda desperate sometimes...
The bigger reason, I have been told, is higher taxation and cost of living in BC. Apparently, natives of BC feel that their land deserves way more money because it is beautiful.

Check it out! House prices and rents in Port Angles and that in Vancouver (any god damned suburb).

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
E2 just sounds like an expensive TN visa.
The O visa is what you should be going after if you want all the bells and whistles of US immigration 'largesse' -- if such a thing is even possible.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If I may be honest, its present in citizens as well. I went to UBC to recruit engineers for my emplyer. A lot of the STEM folks had a job offer across Douglas crossing. Others asked me one question : What is internal transfer policy of my employer? Yes. Point blank! Many people like my employer because it is very very flexible for transferring people all over the globe. They do not have a minimum wait period after joining.

When you allow people to immigrate due to economic reasons, you are letting people in who are driven to move up in the ladder. That drive will not go away once they immigrate.

Here you are wrong. A person will have to fulfill their obligations of opportunity for being a PR in Canada and possibly later a citizen. Thats all. Whatever flexiblity he or she can find around that is no one's business.
No one is talking about legal requirements, just about how you conduct yourself. I think that was implicit in my post.

You also don't want to be one of those immigrants who struggle professionally because they have an attitude problem, and trust me over here a lot of importance is placed on 'fit'. If you come off as arrogant and entitled, don't expect to go anywhere up the ladder.

The system is the way it is now, doesn't mean it won't change in the future and the more people who arrive with an entitled mentality, the more local people will sour on immigration. A lot of Canadians already think there is too much immigration as it is.

Canada has bucked the trend of rightwing populism, but people who go around talking like that are precisely the excuse people will give for tightening immigration, by talking about uncommitted immigrants who are only in it for themselves, and are demanding about things when they've not made a contribution yet to the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: purohitab

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah, the majority of PPRs I’ve seen in the last 24hrs have AORS from 2019 and Jan/Feb 2020. They are going about it in a chronological manner
Being a Jan 2020 AOR, while my recent GCMS notes didn’t show any update since Dec 2020, these PPRs are building the hope. Would be interesting to know if these PPRs are for those who were approved before / had Counterfoil generated as per GCMS but no COPR issued or was it for those like myself who have been pending final decision as per GCMS as well.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
No one is talking about legal requirements, just about how you conduct yourself. I think that was implicit in my post.

You also don't want to be one of those immigrants who struggle professionally because they have an attitude problem, and trust me over here a lot importance is placed on 'fit'. If you come off as arrogant and entitled, don't expect to go anywhere up the ladder.
Ah yes, the people in upper management are known for their kindness and warmth.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
When you are talking about PR, you are talking about obligations. Will IRCC make an exception for a foreign national if they fail say to prove their eligibility for CEC/FSW? The answer is NO!

So when a person becomes a PR, he is just this much : a potential high earning (than average) individual who will pay tax and support economy. Canada taxes its PR world over. They have a certain obligations they need to keep namely some residency and tax. So if they are earning money in USA, they will still need to pay some part to Canada (based upon their tax residency). So long they are satisfying their residency obligations, they are fine.

Any expectation beyond this is plain unfair: Canada did not exactly pay for their education OR their expenses before they become PR. When they become PR, it was their potential as tax payers which was the main deciding eligibility factor. Nothing more. Canada does not admit economic immigrants out of its goodness of heart but out of necessity.

When we as potential immigrants are painfully reminded that "Canada owes you NOTHING" during immigration process then FUCK IT ... We do not owe anything more to Canada as PRs -- that is if we make it-- OUTSIDE of our legal (PR/Tax/etc) obligations.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well, you want to immigrate to their country, right? Not vice versa.
Which part of applying for PR or a Visa says "You have a moral obligation"? There is nothing implicit here. If I fail eligibility or admissiblity, I will thrown like a used toilet paper by IRCC. Its that plain. Do you expect me to treat such a system with any more consideration?

When I applied, I applied on explicitly stated terms. There was nothing implicit. IRCC is not going to award me points for anything implicit, it will only grant me for what I explicitly claim and prove.

Last edited:

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's a very transactional way of looking at immigration, but i guess that is how some people think, it might have to do with the mentality in your part of the world.

If you fail a requirement it's simply a consequence of you not meeting the criteria, how would it be fair for you to immigrate over someone else, if you've not fulfilled the criteria for which you were invited to apply?

I don't see the equivalence. Not to say all parties are not self-interested including the Canadian government, but i'd think there would be some amount of goodwill for a country allowing you the opportunity to reside there permanently and apply for citizenship.

There are many countries in the world which don't afford people those opportunities or make it a lot more difficult to do so.

Reactions: oinkario

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I don't understand why people fight over a future, when they are not even 100% sure they will breathe after 10 min.
Similarly people who are fighting for and against Canada, everyone's life is different, plans are different, we all are unique. I don't understand why is is so hard to accept differences .let me remind life is all about perception your right might be wrong for me similarly vice versa.

Reactions: HRP2020

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It's a very transactional way of looking at immigration, but i guess that is how some people think, it might have to do with the mentality in your part of the world.
There is nothing more than a transaction in immigration. Had it been anything more, IRCC would not have been running a pure process and rule oriented immigration system. The very point test is a test of your "fitness" for Canada. What do you expect in return?

I don't see the equivalence. Not say all parties are not self-interested including the Canadian government, but i'd think there would be some amount of goodwill for a country allowing you the opportunity to reside there permanently and apply for citizenship.
You are contradicting yourself. You agree that Canadian government is looking for "self-interest" and YET you feel that it is acting on goodwill.

We are applying as "ECONOMIC IMMIGRANTS". It says on the tin. On ALL government documentation. "EXPRESS ENTRY" is "ECONOMIC IMMIGRAITON". What part of it you do not understand? Where the question of "goodwill" arises?

May be family immigration or refugees are more apt for these weird "goodwill" considerations. There was NO goodwill but a purely economic consideration to invite us to apply. They rank us on that criteria and they invite us on that. There is no points for goodwill. At all.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I don't understand why people fight over a future, when they are not even 100% sure they will breathe after 10 min.
Similarly people who are fighting for and against Canada, everyone's life is different, plans are different, we all are unique. I don't understand why is is so hard to accept differences .let me remind life is all about perception your right might be wrong for me similarly vice versa.
A discussion is NOT a fight. A part of being civilised is to have discussion over difference of opinions ...... at least before breaking out the pitch forks :) .

As far as uncertainty of life goes... its a philosophical thing... but I think life is beautiful because it is brief and uncertain. Things like interacting with others is more meaningful because our entire life and self is constrained by a century at max.

Reactions: PRANIT01

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
There is nothing more than a transaction in immigration. Had it been anything more, IRCC would not have been running a pure process and rule oriented immigration system. The very point test is a test of your "fitness" for Canada. What do you expect in return?

You are contradicting yourself. You agree that Canadian government is looking for "self-interest" and YET you feel that it is acting on goodwill.

We are applying as "ECONOMIC IMMIGRANTS". It says on the tin. On ALL government documentation. "EXPRESS ENTRY" is "ECONOMIC IMMIGRAITON". What part of it you do not understand? Where the question of "goodwill" arises?

May be family immigration or refugees are more apt for these weird "goodwill" considerations. There was NO goodwill but a purely economic consideration to invite us to apply. They rank us on that criteria and they invite us on that. There is no points for goodwill. At all.
It's not a contradiction, you can be self-interested but also feel an allegiance to the country to which you're immigrating to. Likewise, yes Canada brings in immigrants because they need them for range of reasons, but at the same time you're also given rights and privileges as a PR and the chance to become a citizen.

I just find it strange to have an aversion to the concept of having goodwill towards the country that accepts you as an immigrant, economic or otherwise.

If a company employs you to do a job, you would still be thankful for having a job and having the means to support yourself. It's hopefully a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Why wouldn't you have the same attitude towards immigrating to a country?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It's not a contradiction, you can be self-interested but also feel an allegiance to the country to which your immigrating.
For allegiance, there need to be a basis. How can one have any allegiance to any country without having any connections to it at all. For most of FSW-Os thats the case. Even for CECs, there is very little of connection between them and the country. Sorry but this "blind allegiance" is stuff of romance novels. Economic immigration is an economic-need based immigration. Pure and simple.

Also allegiance is not a one way street. Is there any feeling from the other side? Invitation is purely based on CSR score. Anyone in our shoes will be invited if they fit the criteria. It was the eligibility that led or will lead us to invitation There was nothing particular about us. What is the basis of reciprocation of allegiance then?

I just find it strange to have an aversion to the concept of having goodwill towards the country that accepts you as an immigrant, economic or otherwise.
Well, we return the goodwill gesture by being an honest immigrant who does not lie or misrepresent on their application and paying taxes if and when we are accepted. Beyond this, even the born-citizens do not go to show goodwill, why hold us for a standard higher than that?