+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Express Entry: No news from IRCC on when it will invite FSWP candidates
Canada is yet to issue Express Entry invitations to FSWP candidates in 2021.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/express-entry-no-news-from-ircc-on-when-it-will-invite-fswp-candidates-1119483.html#gs.ffszcy

According to data provided to CIC News by IRCC, there were about 145,000 FSWP candidates in the Express Entry pool on April 7, 2021. This grew to 153,000 as of June 29. The size of the pool does not necessarily grow over time since candidate profiles expire after one year and language test and educational competency assessments have expiration periods. However generally speaking, the pool size does grow over time since previous and new candidates upload their profiles to get a chance of receiving a permanent residence invitation.

Last edited:

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I'm growing hopeful by the day that FSW will be back in focus starting from next year. It's pretty obvious that IRCC's immediate priority is reaching their target and everything that happened in 2021 was part of the plan. We saw the CEC draws happening since the first month of this year and stopped right around September when they had enough applications to fulfil their target. IRCC only allowing inland PRs in 2021 was predetermined and issuing PPR to expired COPRs was dependent on the travel restrictions.
I'm sure FSWs will be part of the target for next year including new ITAs issued. I remember @ImpatientKangaroo saying 2022 will be a good year for FSWs a long time back but I was still hopeful for this year. I hope and pray that Covid remains under control so IRCC doesn't have the excuse to fuck 2022 like they did this year.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I read the tweet and there is nothing there about TR to PR !

" In the future all temporary and permanent residence applications will be submitted electronically. Applicant information will go into a shared IRCC, CBSA and CSIS database so security and other inadmissibility issues can be automatically flagged before an application is approved. "

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I read the tweet and there is nothing there about TR to PR !

" In the future all temporary and permanent residence applications will be submitted electronically. Applicant information will go into a shared IRCC, CBSA and CSIS database so security and other inadmissibility issues can be automatically flagged before an application is approved. "

Just an automated national security screening which is shared by IRCC, CBSA and CSIS, which is actually a great thing.
Yeah, TR to PR is gone for good unless Covid blows up again

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yeah, TR to PR is gone for good unless Covid blows up again
TR to PR was only implemented to help them meet their numbers and offset the disruption as a result of COVID. It was always a temporary policy. By all accounts, they have hit their KPIs for the year, so no reason to extend it beyond its original deadline. Not a decision to be attributed to the incoming Minister, since IRCC metrics would have shown they’d hit their targets prior to the cabinet shuffle anyway.

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Express Entry: No news from IRCC on when it will invite FSWP candidatesCanada is yet to issue Express Entry invitations to FSWP candidates in 2021.
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/express-entry-no-news-from-ircc-on-when-it-will-invite-fswp-candidates-1119483.html#gs.ffszcy

According to data provided to CIC News by IRCC, there were about 145,000 FSWP candidates in the Express Entry pool on April 7, 2021. This grew to 153,000 as of June 29. The size of the pool does not necessarily grow over time since candidate profiles expire after one year and language test and educational competency assessments have expiration periods. However generally speaking, the pool size does grow over time since previous and new candidates upload their profiles to get a chance of receiving a permanent residence invitation.
not one word about how IRCC decision-making is effecting lives of thousands of people. Don't know why they forget that it's actual humans behind these applications not just numbers. shame!

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
I'm growing hopeful by the day that FSW will be back in focus starting from next year. It's pretty obvious that IRCC's immediate priority is reaching their target and everything that happened in 2021 was part of the plan. We saw the CEC draws happening since the first month of this year and stopped right around September when they had enough applications to fulfil their target. IRCC only allowing inland PRs in 2021 was predetermined and issuing PPR to expired COPRs was dependent on the travel restrictions.
I'm sure FSWs will be part of the target for next year including new ITAs issued. I remember @ImpatientKangaroo saying 2022 will be a good year for FSWs a long time back but I was still hopeful for this year. I hope and pray that Covid remains under control so IRCC doesn't have the excuse to fuck 2022 like they did this year.
Hopefully better news after my 2nd AOR anniversary then

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone, during this excruciating wait for PPR, I was able to get a job in Europe. Please, should I update IRCC, the details of the job along side with new address or info on the change of address only? Thanks.

Cris1987

Jul 14, 2021
Hello everyone, during this excruciating wait for PPR, I was able to get a job in Europe. Please, should I update IRCC, the details of the job along side with new address or info on the change of address only? Thanks.
Forget about Canada and don't start your new job with a tense atmosphere by asking for a job certificate with all detail demanded by IRCC. I almost got fired when I asked for the certificate when I got my ITA.
Enjoy Europe, you probably won't improve much your life quality in Canada

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Only change of address.
You can add about your new job in your history, you don't need to claim points for that.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
A dumb question that has been addressed many times, but...
Can I apply for a visitor visa to Canada while IRCC is processing ignoring my PR application? My H1B in the US has been approved more than a year ago, but since there are no US consular services available in my country, I was unable to get my H1B visa stamp. I haven't seen my family for 5 years so I thought I might try come luck stamping H1B in Canada. Maybe not... But since coming as a PR is unrealistic, I was wondering if the pending PR application reduces my chances to get a visitor visa - or not,