+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Forget about Canada and don't start your new job with a tense atmosphere by asking for a job certificate with all detail demanded by IRCC. I almost got fired when I asked for the certificate when I got my ITA.
Enjoy Europe, you probably won't improve much your life quality in Canada
Lol.. thanks, I gladly take this advice.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I was able to get a job in Europe
You have no idea how much of an upgrade you've gotten yourself over anything you could possibly find in Canada (unless you're in IT/compsci/software). To maximize your profit I'd simply cancel my EE app and ask for a refund. That'd be my only correspondence with IRCC at this point.

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
You have no idea how much of an upgrade you've gotten yourself over anything you could possibly find in Canada (unless you're in IT/compsci/software). To maximize your profit I'd simply cancel my EE app and ask for a refund. That'd be my only correspondence with IRCC at this point.
That's a bit drastic for me. If it comes it comes. I'm just tired of putting life on hold.

Reactions: SaBong and Ranger91

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020

Why cancel at this point, don't know why people think a refund will be satisfying after waiting all this time. I'm pretty sure not many people care about the refund since the refund does not include cost of eca, medicals and ielts.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Why cancel at this point, don't know why people think a refund will be satisfying after waiting all this time. I'm pretty sure not many people care about the refund since the refund does not include cost of eca, medicals and ielts.
Cost of ECA + Medicals + IELTS is what? $2000? That money is nothing to our friend here once they've started getting paid in EU in euro. You guys really have no idea how EU (especially Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands) compares to Canada in terms of jobs, careers, purchasing power etc. One could get lucky in Canada in compsci/IT/software but all other fields should think twice.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Cost of ECA + Medicals + IELTS is what? $2000? That money is nothing to our friend here once they've started getting paid in EU in euro. You guys really have no idea how EU (especially Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands) compares to Canada in terms of jobs, careers, purchasing power etc. One could get lucky in Canada in compsci/IT/software but all other fields should think twice.
The thing is, he got a job there, but not a PR yet. For people who want to leave their home country for good, it’s best to keep options open in case something happens. If he gets PPR, he can just soft land and return to Europe for 3 years and see what comes of it.

D

Deleted member 1050918

The thing is, he got a job there, but not a PR yet. For people who want to leave their home country for good, it’s best to keep options open in case something happens. If he gets PPR, he can just soft land and return to Europe for 3 years and see what comes of it.
PR takes longer there but is guaranteed if one doesn't absolutely suck at their occupation. None of my friends returned from EU. They've all bought nice houses and cars. My friends in Canada are so far away from that level of comfort. Even my Canadian born friends are so far away from that.

Reactions: Lc4life and fotjon

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hmmm, so how do I find a EU job?! I know, I know I have an American H1B, but it's basically hanging on a thread over an abyss. Canada doesn't work. I know that EU does. But how/where do I find a job that doesn't require local language proficiency?

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Is soft landing still allowed? I think it is disallowed due to pandemic.

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hmmm, so how do I find a EU job?! I know, I know I have an American H1B, but it's basically hanging on a thread over an abyss. Canada doesn't work. I know that EU does. But how/where do I find a job that doesn't require local language proficiency?
If you're in IT field, you can find jobs in Germany, Netherlands, Poland easily.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
If you're in IT field, you can find jobs in Germany, Netherlands, Poland easily.
I could have the opportunity to take a 1-year working holiday visa for Germany. But, I'm not really sure that I would want to live there.