+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Looking at the mandate letters for immigration for Mendicino in 2019 and then the supplemental letter in Jan 2021(due to covid), the actions taken by IRCC were pretty spelled out. While in 2019 their focus was skilled immigrants and reducing backlog, in Jan their focus became TR, essential workers, and following health minister’s wishes. In both cases, the yearly goal was important. I guess we’ll have some idea what’s in store once the new mandate comes in. If there is nothing on backlog or skilled workers, then it’s best to move on. Mandate letters usually come in after throne speech, which will happen Nov 22. So I imagine nothing will change until then.
So the mandate (I didn't understand what it is -I assume it is formal blueprint for the following year issued by the immigration minister) is published each time a new immigration minister is sworn or is it published every year.

Oct 5, 2021
Looking at the mandate letters for immigration for Mendicino in 2019 and then the supplemental letter in Jan 2021(due to covid), the actions taken by IRCC were pretty spelled out. While in 2019 their focus was skilled immigrants and reducing backlog, in Jan their focus became TR, essential workers, and following health minister’s wishes. In both cases, the yearly goal was important. I guess we’ll have some idea what’s in store once the new mandate comes in. If there is nothing on backlog or skilled workers, then it’s best to move on. Mandate letters usually come in after throne speech, which will happen Nov 22. So I imagine nothing will change until then.
tbh, I don't really look forward to the new mandate. I guess it won't change much and will be aligned with JT's election manifesto, which is about TR and former international student.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
So the mandate (I didn't understand what it is -I assume it is formal blueprint for the following year issued by the immigration minister) is published each time a new immigration minister is sworn or is it published every year.
Each time it’s sworn in. When it’s outside of that, it becomes a supplementary mandate, due to another reason(like covid). Traditionally, the crown gives out their objectives for government (in which case it will be what it’s already been listed by Trudeau: climate change, housing, reconciliation, etc) and then after, the mandate is what each ministry should do to achieve those goals. So it’s pretty much what their goal is for their time as minister.

Reactions: PRANIT01

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
tbh, I don't really look forward to the new mandate. I guess it won't change much and will be aligned with JT's election manifesto, which is about TR and former international student.
I really hope not. Nothing against TR, but giving out freebies just becomes them buying a PR, without putting that much money into it like an investor does. Go as student to for useless degree, gain work permit, work at an irrelevant job that’s considered essential and voila. Decrease incentive for investors, decrease incentive for people to study at an actual relevant course, rather than a useless MBA or masters. Just give them a bit more points. Unlike regional pilot programs that require that incentive for workers in those regions, there is no reason for free PR to TR in Ontario, BC, Alberta or Quebec. PNP is there for labor shortages.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikodad

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I really hope not. Nothing against TR, but giving out freebies just becomes them buying a PR, without putting that much money into it like an investor does. Go as student to for useless degree, gain work permit, work at an irrelevant job that’s considered essential and voila. Decrease incentive for investors, decrease incentive for people to study at an actual relevant course, rather than a useless MBA or masters. Just give them a bit more points. Unlike regional pilot programs that require that incentive for workers in those regions, there is no reason for free PR to TR in Ontario, BC, Alberta or Quebec. PNP is there for labor shortages.
We are talking about liberals ,JT's cabinet and IRCC ,you are talking logic here do you think any of the 3 that I mentioned above have logic if not common sense.
The only thing they care about is their damn target.
Like you mentioned in one of your other post I strongly believe TR to PR and grandpa draws they did this year to compensate the lost prs for fsw once the next year starts they should start draws and processing but again we are dealing with this pricks ,only time will tell.

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
I think this favours inland applicants their first demand is as follows:
"1. Re-evaluate processing priorities at IRCC in favor of inland applicants as the majority of who have arrived in Canada in the past two to four years are now carrying implied status which impedes their access to banking services, healthcare plans, employment opportunities, and their freedom of movement."

D

Deleted member 1006777

I think this favours inland applicants their first demand is as follows:
"1. Re-evaluate processing priorities at IRCC in favor of inland applicants as the majority of who have arrived in Canada in the past two to four years are now carrying implied status which impedes their access to banking services, healthcare plans, employment opportunities, and their freedom of movement."
Yeah fuck this petition, it's not about transparency and fairness. It's about crying for transparency and "fairness" in a way that only applies to them, because fuck everyone else. It's not about fairness, it's about them also wanting special treatment like CECs/TRs. Plain and simple.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Are you saying that international students are getting useless degrees in Canada to get a work permit and then get an irrelevant job to get PR in Canada ? What do you mean by free PR? Why are you saying an MBA or Masters is useless ?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yeah fuck this petition, it's not about transparency and fairness. It's about crying for transparency and "fairness" in a way that only applies to them, because fuck everyone else. It's not about fairness, it's about them also wanting special treatment like CECs/TRs. Plain and simple.
"This is simply not an acceptable approach to render service from such a significant government agency. We are tax-paying law-abiding residents of Canada. We work hard to contribute to this beautiful country and make it a better place to live and we deserve to be treated with respect and in a timely manner. The uncertainty has taken a toll on our living and mental health"

as if canada requested these folks to come to canada and help canada boost the economy, while folks were chilling with their families.

D

Deleted member 1006777

"This is simply not an acceptable approach to render service from such a significant government agency. We are tax-paying law-abiding residents of Canada. We work hard to contribute to this beautiful country and make it a better place to live and we deserve to be treated with respect and in a timely manner. The uncertainty has taken a toll on our living and mental health"

as if canada requested these folks to come to canada and help canada boost the economy.
Yeah this taxes argument is so tired and boring. Taxes don't entitle you to special treatment. You're already getting government services in exchange for them. But this 5th grade English essay shit is laughable.

Reactions: he5ham

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yeah this taxes argument is so tired and boring. Taxes don't entitle you to special treatment. You're already getting government services in exchange for them. But this 5th grade English essay shit is laughable.
as someone pointed out before, only crying out loud for help could get their attention. like the essential workers did and later they got the TR2PR

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
https://pm.gc.ca/en/mandate-letters/2021/01/15/archived-minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-supplementary

This is very interesting. Good find @dankboi

There were hints about TR to PR and CEC prioritization all the way back in January 2021. The upcoming mandate letter will really give us a lot of info on what the future of FSW is.
There were hints about TR to PR and CEC prioritization all the way back in January 2021.

yes bruh. the new letters should be posted soon.

Also reminding everyone, the word "newcomers" doesn't mean outlands, it simply denotes new copr & pr's

D

Deleted member 1006777

Are you saying that international students are getting useless degrees in Canada to get a work permit and then get an irrelevant job to get PR in Canada ? What do you mean by free PR? Why are you saying an MBA or Masters is useless ?
The implication is not that a masters or MBA in itself is useless, but by incentivizing people to go become students again, they turn to degree mills that are easy to get into for the sake of getting a degree that won't help them in any way, just because it's an easy path to PR. There are people in this very forum who have opted to go back to school in Canada for a master's after 10 years of experience in their respective fields. What's more hilarious is how they justify it to themselves as being a valuable investment. Sure, bud

Reactions: Alysson