+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

NeedHelp2020

Jul 23, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey guys, I think I'm on my way to securing an LMIA from a Canadian company while I'm in the pool with a 472 CRS score.

- What are the best ways to use an LMIA for a PR? I can use it to boost my CRS score for FSW right? Is the OINP job offer stream a better move?

- Do any of you know what has been the real-life timeline of processing LMIAs/work permits? When should I expect to be able to land in Canada?

Sorry for being LMIA focused questions in a FSW thread, but this has been the thread I've been following for long and thought you guys could help me!
I am not sure about answer to your first question because I need to know right answer for that too. But for second one, I got my LMIA from a Canadian employer in the month of July. It took about 6 weeks for LMIA and about 2 weeks for work permit after that. Mine was in global talent stream. I am not sure if that played a part too in deciding the timelines.

Reactions: otaviovidal

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
no draw today?
Why would there be a draw today? It's only Tuesday. For those who hope to see a change with the new PM, the earliest possible date is in Nov, when the new parliament takes effect.

I doubt there's any change this year though, people have to wipe Marco's ass for him for the gigantic mess that he created.

Reactions: soccer_007

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
weren't you around?
i got the oinp noi on 6th october. i'll be submitting docs this week. Also i have applied to two colleges (school route)
Congrats on the oinp my man.
No I don't think I saw it. I was looking at some other options for pr so wasn't looking here much. Unfortunately wound up with only student option in front of me.
If your still going on SP I hope it helps for your career. Please don't go for a one year diploma only in hopes of fast tracked pr. Ur halfway there.

Reactions: Lc4life

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Express Entry applications
Last updated: October 26, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
March 7 and 13, 2021 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
All other Express Entry applications
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Express Entry applications
Last updated: October 26, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
March 7 and 13, 2021 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
All other Express Entry applications
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.
Still only processing effing CEC!!!!!!!!!!!

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Looking at the mandate letters for immigration for Mendicino in 2019 and then the supplemental letter in Jan 2021(due to covid), the actions taken by IRCC were pretty spelled out. While in 2019 their focus was skilled immigrants and reducing backlog, in Jan their focus became TR, essential workers, and following health minister’s wishes. In both cases, the yearly goal was important. I guess we’ll have some idea what’s in store once the new mandate comes in. If there is nothing on backlog or skilled workers, then it’s best to move on. Mandate letters usually come in after throne speech, which will happen Nov 22. So I imagine nothing will change until then.

Last edited: