+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

Thank you.
So should I update my status by some webform?
If you have recently moved to Canada on a different visa, yes you are required to let IRCC know of that. If you have been in Canada but only had a change in your visa status, I believe there's no need to inform IRCC as it was IRCC who changed your status in the first place. EE applicants are required to inform IRCC of any change in their residency, location, employment and other such circumstances until their application is finalized.

Reactions: HRP2020
Oct 5, 2021
Hi guys
I am FSW OUTLAND. I have got working permit and working in Canada right now.
Seems FSW-I still moving. Is there any possibility that I can change my application to FSW INLAND? Is it necessary to do so?
Thanks.
Dude I'm curious how did you get a working permit. FSW outland are allowed to apply for an open work permit while their applications are being processed?

Reactions: Lonwolf

Lonwolf

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
As far as I know outlanders without an existing work permit can't apply for a work permit to go in parallel with their PR app.
I think the question is about whether work permit & PR application can be opened simultaneously... and that is a yes... provided the applicant undergoes the interview, recieves the offer letter and his/her Canadian employer undergoes the jargon of getting the LMIA...

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
As far as I know outlanders without an existing work permit can't apply for a work permit to go in parallel with their PR app.
I believe you're allowed to (it's called dual intent), but it's whether you're successful in securing a company transfer or a job with an LMIA!

Here's the info about dual intent for TR and PR https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Hope that helps :)

D

Deleted member 1050918

I believe you're allowed to (it's called dual intent), but it's whether you're successful in securing a company transfer or a job with an LMIA!

Here's the info about dual intent for TR and PR https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Hope that helps :)
Yeah you're right. I thought the question meant "Does my ongoing PR application qualify me for a work permit?" and the answer to that would be no. But yes, work permit and PR apps can be sent in simulatenously if one is eligible for a work permit.

Tristan-XI

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
I’m starting to see this as a ‘priority issue’, but it’s the lack of communication and transparency that’s upsetting.

Maybe they have planned to finalize thousands of outland applications towards the end of the year in a bid to meet this year’s immigration target; knowing fully well that it would be less appealing to send CEC invites in the last quarter as those invites may not be finalized before the year runs out. It’s possible they are using FSW applications currently stalled as an insurance package to ensure they meet his year’s immigration target.
Lol this guy predicted it all. I think Jay and Kangaroo both anticipated this present scenario @purohitab

Tristan-XI

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
And the finalizations seem to have picked up pace with expired COPRs and PNPs just as the number of draws and ITAs have gone down. Maybe FSW finalizations is next after all from Nov onwards.
Yeah, this looks the likely scenario. Although I think FSW finalization will pick up from 2022 Q1