Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
This is exact thing that I am against. Immigrants should not become two "tribes" or "castes" : the FSW and CEC. And the end of the day these are just bureaucracy. To say that CEC deserve priority because they pay tax is a bit dishonest. Majority of the tax is still paid by citizens. And that tax pays a part of expense of running the immigration program. Average tax paid by Canadian is about 20K CDN per person. Majority of this goes is pampering the old who are the biggest voters. IRCC had an annual budget of CDN 2.4B out of Canadian budget of CDN 303B. That means each taxpayer pays about 0.8% their tax for IRCC or about 160 dollars.

So for 160 dollars a year a CEC is bragging to get priority over their FSW peers. Thats dishonest.
Tell it to the genius that is @rocky123987

• Haha
Reactions: dxdroid

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
This is exact thing that I am against. Immigrants should not become two "tribes" or "castes" : the FSW and CEC. And the end of the day these are just bureaucracy. To say that CEC deserve priority because they pay tax is a bit dishonest. Majority of the tax is still paid by citizens. And that tax pays a part of expense of running the immigration program. Average tax paid by Canadian is about 20K CDN per person. Majority of this goes is pampering the old who are the biggest voters. IRCC had an annual budget of CDN 2.4B out of Canadian budget of CDN 303B. That means each taxpayer pays about 0.8% their tax for IRCC or about 160 dollars.

So for 160 dollars a year a CEC is bragging to get priority over their FSW peers. Thats dishonest.
I disagree. Based on the numbers you provided, the contribution is $20,000 a year NOT $160. Remember Canada wants immigrants to foot the bill for the whole government and services not just IRCC, and the CEC folks are already doing it without a permanent residency. This is not counting the contribution they naturally have to the Canadian economy outside of taxes. Every dollar they spent inside Canada means a boost in Canadian GDP and supporting Canadian businesses.

• Haha

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I disagree. Based on the numbers you provided, the contribution is $20,000 a year NOT $160. Remember Canada wants immigrants to foot the bill for the whole government and services not just IRCC, and the CEC folks are already doing it without a permanent residency. This is not counting the contribution they naturally have to the Canadian economy outside of taxes. Every dollar they spent inside Canada means a boost in Canadian GDP and supporting Canadian businesses.
Well, if they are living in Canada they are also using civil amenities provided by Canada. Not all of 20K they pay goes towards running immigration programs. Only a very small part of it goes there. That part is about 160 CDN per tax payer on average. Rest goes to funding other functions of government which have NOTHING to do with immigration.

Now, you can argue, if they are paying tax in Canada or spending money in Canada, they should get more privilege in immigration. And they already do! Their work experience counts better in immigration. If they had studies in Canada, they get extra points for that. If they have a job offer, they get extra points. All of these are baked into Canadian immigration system. So yes, they are already much more than compensated for their "generous" contribution to Canada and are judged to be better adjusted to Canada by IRCC, already!

What a number of people were arguing was that BEYOND this, they are entitled in getting first stab at being processed by IRCC or invited for PR application. Which is totally dishonest. They do not contribute to IRCC enough (160 dollar on average) to be given special privilege in processing of the application. As far as ITA goes, they are already advantaged. The current block on FSW ITAs and application processing is an unfortunate accident due to a world wide pandemic. CEC applicants are benefited from this situation. Its not an advantage they "deserved" or were entitled for. It is this sense of entitlement that I find dishonest. IRCC is prioritizing inland applicants because it is harder to finalize outside applicants and NOT because inland applicants are better than FSW-O. On the contrary, an applicant with score less than 100 getting selected is a mockery of a skill-based process.

PS : I am a CEC applicant as well.

Last edited:

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Another one :) you do not get what we have said it at all. The only thing you see are $ and taxes that they are paying and spending there. They have to as they are living there and working there already lol. Most of these folks will not get jobs in high skilled occupations. There is a huge market demand that cannot be filled in by just CEC people, do you understand that or not?

A lot of high skilled immigrants will bring tons of money with them. They will often buy houses within a year and spent thousands in the first year of living. So stop saying that shit that you are paying taxes and spending money over there. It does not make any f**** sense. The only reason, why IRCC focused on CEC during this year was pandemic and travel restrictions. This is ending and hopefully FSW will come back to normal soon. I am not saying that CEC should not get a chance, you should, maybe government will make some changes to allow people to get higher scores. It is not my fault that most FSW candidates are highly educated and they are getting high scores in FSW? Whose fault is it? CEC candidates can also go to college etc. Do you think that most of us got a free education? Do you think that we are not working off our asses to be skilled? I love what I am doing but I ahve to spend crazy amount of time to be on top of my job. So stop crying that CEC should get priority because they are paying taxes - it is just a stupid argument

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnight Blessing

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
And saying this is honest? I mean I don't necessarily completely disagree with the sentiment that paying taxes shouldn't be the only reason someone gets a PR, but you twisted it the wrong way. If an average worker in Canada (including CEC according to your argument) is paying 20K in tax annually, they're contributing 20K, not 160 dollars.

There's nothing strange about Canada's preference toward CEC. They're educated in Canada, they're friends and connections are Canadian, they work in Canada, they pay taxes to the Canadian government, everything about them is pretty Canadian. CEC candidates deserve a clear pathway to PR (which they have) just as much as FSW candidates deserve to be treated with respect, fairness and transparency.

• Haha

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
Having said that, processing prioritization is a different topic.
Some people here are saying that the world has moved on from Covid. I cannot disagree more. We're not at all back to pre-covid life yet.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
And saying this is honest?
I am saying entitlement that some CEC folks have shown (beyond the preference that Canadian immigration system ANYWAYS gives to their experience) for immigration processing priority and immigration opportunity is dishonest. Those CEC folks DID NOT get either of these because they were entitled due to tax contribution NOR they deserve it. During covid pandemic it was the unfortunate and unfair loss of FSW candidates that is behind their good fortunes in getting lower CSR bar (76! LOL! This is unbelievable) and faster processing (some CEC folks are getting eCOPR in 80-120 days!)

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Another one :) you do not get what we have said it at all. The only thing you see are $ and taxes that they are paying and spending there. They have to as they are living there and working there already lol. Most of these folks will not get jobs in high skilled occupations. There is a huge market demand that cannot be filled in by just CEC people, do you understand that or not?

A lot of high skilled immigrants will bring tons of money with them. They will often buy houses within a year and spent thousands in the first year of living. So stop saying that shit that you are paying taxes and spending money over there. It does not make any f**** sense. The only reason, why IRCC focused on CEC during this year was pandemic and travel restrictions. This is ending and hopefully FSW will come back to normal soon. I am not saying that CEC should not get a chance, you should, maybe government will make some changes to allow people to get higher scores. It is not my fault that most FSW candidates are highly educated and they are getting high scores in FSW? Whose fault is it? CEC candidates can also go to college etc. Do you think that most of us got a free education? Do you think that we are not working off our asses to be skilled? I love what I am doing but I ahve to spend crazy amount of time to be on top of my job. So stop crying that CEC should get priority because they are paying taxes - it is just a stupid argument
First of, I'm an FSW Outland applicant much like everyone else in this particular thread. I'm no CEC, and apart from the AOR application fee, I have not paid a single cent in Canadian taxes or anything in Canada. Second, what I'm pointing out in particular is that CECs don't contribute just $160 a year, that just downplaying what they contribute to Canada overall. Thirdly, CECs already gets bonus points, which from my understanding is already the "preferential" treatment they get from the Canadian government. It's the CEC's fault the government prefers them, if you have something against direct it towards IRCC, and not the CEC folks.

Finally the statement "a lot of high skilled immigrants will bring tons of money" with them is just plain relative, a CEC candidate already working in Canada can have an average salary of CAD 45,000. Now, I have a master's degree, I'm designing microelectronic circuits used in very specialized applications, for an S&P400 company, and while my salary is far above the average than most people in my country, it's still less than half the of what the average CEC makes. So unless you're immigrating from a first-world country, don't assume that all high skilled immigrants have tons of money. You might have "lost" of money in the country your in, but when you go to Canada, it's probably just a few months allowance if your thrifty. But tons? If you have tons of money, why not just do a investor immigration to some other developed nation like Austria where they sell you citizenship (yes citizenship, not residency) for one small fee of 3,000,000 EUR.

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
I am saying entitlement that some CEC folks have shown (beyond the preference that Canadian immigration system ANYWAYS gives to their experience) for immigration processing priority and immigration opportunity is dishonest. Those CEC folks DID NOT get either of these because they were entitled due to tax contribution NOR they deserve it. During covid pandemic it was the unfortunate and unfair loss of FSW candidates that is behind their good fortunes in getting lower CSR bar (76! LOL! This is unbelievable) and faster processing (some CEC folks are getting eCOPR in 80-120 days!)
Well yeah, if someone is dumb enough to think that the mega draw happened because they pay taxes, sure, i agree.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Well, if they are living in Canada they are also using civil amenities provided by Canada. Not all of 20K they pay goes towards running immigration programs. Only a very small part of it goes there. That part is about 160 CDN per tax payer on average. Rest goes to funding other functions of government which have NOTHING to do with immigration.

Now, you can argue, if they are paying tax in Canada or spending money in Canada, they should get more privilege in immigration. And they already do! Their work experience counts better in immigration. If they had studies in Canada, they get extra points for that. If they have a job offer, they get extra points. All of these are baked into Canadian immigration system. So yes, they are already much more than compensated for their "generous" contribution to Canada and are judged to be better adjusted to Canada by IRCC, already!

What a number of people were arguing was that BEYOND this, they are entitled in getting first stab at being processed by IRCC or invited for PR application. Which is totally dishonest. They do not contribute to IRCC enough (160 dollar on average) to be given special privilege in processing of the application. As far as ITA goes, they are already advantaged. The current block on FSW ITAs and application processing is an unfortunate accident due to a world wide pandemic. CEC applicants are benefited from this situation. Its not an advantage they "deserved" or were entitled for. It is this sense of entitlement that I find dishonest. IRCC is prioritizing inland applicants because it is harder to finalize outside applicants and NOT because inland applicants are better than FSW-O. On the contrary, an applicant with score less than 100 getting selected is a mockery of a skill-based process.

PS : I am a CEC applicant as well.
I don't think IRCC is processing these uber low CRS scores just because they want to, or prefer to. I think they're processing these uber low CRS scores because they were ordered to. In other words, the other government agencies are probably recommending something similar, like for example when CSBA requested IRCC to halt issuing CoPR for Outlanders.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
And saying this is honest? I mean I don't necessarily completely disagree with the sentiment that paying taxes shouldn't be the only reason someone gets a PR, but you twisted it the wrong way. If an average worker in Canada (including CEC according to your argument) is paying 20K in tax annually, they're contributing 20K, not 160 dollars.

There's nothing strange about Canada's preference toward CEC. They're educated in Canada, they're friends and connections are Canadian, they work in Canada, they pay taxes to the Canadian government, everything about them is pretty Canadian. CEC candidates deserve a clear pathway to PR (which they have) just as much as FSW candidates deserve to be treated with respect, fairness and transparency.
Well sure, if a useless 1 year diploma from an unknown college means a big deal to Canadian government then by all means invite them to become PRs but don’t do it at the behest of others who followed the guidelines to qualify for immigration.

The government is already doing a huge deal for TRs in canada by conducting draws at ridiculously low scores and additional pathways to essentially give everyone living in Canada a permanent status but fast tracking applications to the point it feels like discrimination is something one does not expect from Canada. Just go to the CEC section of this forum and you will understand what I mean.There are threads specifically for wait period greater than 30 days where people are expressing their anger and frustration towards IRCC. How ungrateful can one be?

Reactions: nns14

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Having said that, processing prioritization is a different topic.
Some people here are saying that the world has moved on from Covid. I cannot disagree more. We're not at all back to pre-covid life yet.
Regardless of whether the world has moved on from Covid or not, Canada must allow these people to land. They are under an obligation to practice fairness and uphold the Canadian values. It is the reason why many of us want to immigrate to Canada.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
Well sure, if a useless 1 year diploma from an unknown college means a big deal to Canadian government then by all means invite them to become PRs but don’t do it at the behest of others who followed the guidelines to qualify for immigration.

The government is already doing a huge deal for TRs in canada by conducting draws at ridiculously low scores and additional pathways to essentially give everyone living in Canada a permanent status but fast tracking applications to the point it feels like discrimination is something one does not expect from Canada. Just go to the CEC section of this forum and you will understand what I mean.There are threads specifically for wait period greater than 30 days where people are expressing their anger and frustration towards IRCC. How ungrateful can one be?
You know what, I would 100% agree if IRCC did that under normal circumstances.