Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I’ll vote CON for the rest of my life once I’m a Canadian citizen.
I will spend my energy on destroying the political lives of liberals. Knowing that an MP gets elected with just 10000 people in a constituency, well it's not tough. I mean, my constituency in India is one of the largest constituencies with a couple of million eligible voters to elect an MP.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Meeting the overall target is at a huge risk unless they release bulk PPRs in the 4th quarter. They need to land at least 256k immigrants in the 3rd and 4th quarter to attain that goal; an almost impossible task unless they do the needful. IRCC is definitely serious about meeting targets though, that’s why they doubled the Afghan refugee intake but that can only do so much with regards to meeting the goal

Last edited:
Reactions: 3L1C

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Meeting the overall target is at a huge risk unless they release bulk PPRs in the 4th quarter. They need to land at least 256k immigrants in the 3rd and 4th quarter to attain that goal; an almost impossible task unless they do the needful. IRCC is definitely serious about meeting targets though, that’s why they doubled the Afghan refugee intake but that can only do so much with regards to meeting the goal
Even if they double the refugee intake, do you think they gonna process those before Dec 31, 2021? Are these refugees already in Canada? I don't remember Canada having so many Afghan refugees in Canada. Maybe they are going to pick a few from Afghan and if that's the case, then it will take time.

Reactions: Amiz and Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Even if they double the refugee intake, do you think they gonna process those before Dec 31, 2021? Are these refugees already in Canada? I don't remember Canada having so many Afghan refugees in Canada. Maybe they are going to pick a few from Afghan and if that's the case, then it will take time.
Further reinforces my point that increasing the refugee intake won’t do much. They only have one option, ‘ISSUE PPRs TO ALL FINALIZED OUTLAND APPLICATIONS’ and new COPRs to expired holders. This is the only way they can meet that daunting target

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Important to note that it wouldn't be catastrophic for them to miss their target for 2021, seeing as they can point to service disruptions as a result of COVID. In fact, the levels plan for 2021-2023 was increased to offset them missing their mark in 2020 by 156,600 landed immigrants

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Important to note that it wouldn't be catastrophic for them to miss their target for 2021, seeing as they can point to service disruptions as a result of COVID. In fact, the levels plan for 2021-2023 was increased to offset them missing their mark in 2020 by 156,600 landed immigrants
Totally agree, but the decisions/actions they’ve taken this year gives a hint that they really do care about not missing that milestone this time. 27K CEC invites, 90k TR2PR, doubling AFGHAN refugee intake are just some of the drastic measures they’ve executed this year to make sure they try to achieve the goal. Constantly updating the public about how they are on track to meeting these levels is just another testament