+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Badgirloma

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
I’ve started my student visa journey and I can’t even lie I think I have PTSD from the Canadian government not keeping to théier words, just knowing that my application will pass through the same organization or immigration agency and I’m having crazy thoughts about their denial

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Where is it at :D, I don’t see it…… all I see are roaming cows…. The first class citizens of my dear country lol
Haha! In the past couple of days I have started to feel that things are moving albeit slowly but faster than before with remedicals, ready to immigrate emails for expired COPRs, few new PPRs. Hopefully, Q4 is when the pace starts to pick up.

Reactions: Badgirloma

Cris1987

Jul 14, 2021
I wonder if FSWs getting ITAs this week are not bothering to update Myimmitracker profiles. I'm waiting to see how the Facebook and Forums PPRs are translated into some statistic I can understand. Otherwise, it's hard to know if we're seeing a trend or still just a bunch of lucky guys

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I wonder if FSWs getting ITAs this week are not bothering to update Myimmitracker profiles. I'm waiting to see how the Facebook and Forums PPRs are translated into some statistic I can understand. Otherwise, it's hard to know if we're seeing a trend or still just a bunch of lucky guys
It's definitely not random and I'm saying it as one of the most cynical persons on this forum. It didn't happen overnight. It's been building up for a while with people receiving re med requests, ghost updates etc. Hopefully, the trend continues. It's about damn time.

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
Pre-ITA outland here, alcohol in hand, ready to drink myself to sleep tonight. Even though I lie to myself and say that I don't have any expectations. Still hurts not hearing anything about draws.
Chin up. I'm sure all program draws will resume. 4th quarter, next year, who knows. But FSW still exists and people are still registering in the pool. They just happened to pause draws temporarily. At least we're seeing some kind of movement with post-ITA apps. It makes sense that they'll resume draws once they get this backlog under control. Let's hope Covid doesn't get out of control again too.

Your CRS is through the damn roof and you're NOC level A. You'll survive the any of these (speculated) changes to FSW and you'll be one of the first batch to get invited when the draw resumes. Judging by Holthe's letter to Mendecino I have a feeling FSW won't see any drastic changes. CEC might get expanded to include NOC level C (or TEER 3), some extra points might go to Canadian degree holders so sure, FSW might get a little more competitive. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

Our brains are designed to constantly worry and seek out threats. Just try to relax and let's see how things unfold in the coming months.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Chin up. I'm sure all program draws will resume. 4th quarter, next year, who knows. But FSW still exists and people are still registering in the pool. They just happened to pause draws temporarily. At least we're seeing some kind of movement with post-ITA apps. It makes sense that they'll resume draws once they get this backlog under control. Let's hope Covid doesn't get out of control again too.

Your CRS is through the damn roof and you're NOC level A. You'll survive the any of these (speculated) changes to FSW and you'll be one of the first batch to get invited when the draw resumes. Judging by Holthe's letter to Mendecino I have a feeling FSW won't see any drastic changes. CEC might get expanded to include NOC level C (or TEER 3), some extra points might go to Canadian degree holders so sure, FSW might get a little more competitive. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

Our brains are designed to constantly worry and seek out threats. Just try to relax and let's see how things unfold in the coming months.
Yes, a 'temporary pause' for 10 months without any warning or official statement. Looking forward to having my application deprioritized, eventually landing in Canada by 2025 at the age of 35, and working low paying "high-skill" jobs that will never afford me the opportunity to ever own a home or comfortably retire before 80. Head held real goddamn high, don't worry.

Last edited by a moderator:

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Question to everyone waiting for PPRs/ITAs, will you forgive IRCC for their mistakes or continue to hold a grudge if you receive your PPR or ITA today?
I had to prematurely quit my job 1 year after my ITA for reasons mostly unrelated to IRCC. After that, I couldn't find a good job that would not have me commit to the company for at least two years, so I tried a bunch of new things that were all dead ends. My career will never recover from this. Even now, the only way to save whatever remains of my career is to kiss my Canadian plans goodbye.
I also had to move back to my home country far away from my fiancée. I am now in a long-distance relationship for an indefinite period of time.

So, no, forgiveness is not at the top of my agenda.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
It's for outland applicants for sure. Safe to say they will process our applications normally now. Medicals though, has to be valid for at least 6months prior to finalization. The documents @legalfalcon released a while ago seem to have explained everything now. Most of us from late 2020 and early 2021 will likely get medical extensions or re-medical requests prior to finalization. Good news all the same and we should be able to land by first quarter of 2022.
Sorry for being dumbo, but what was this instruction about? I mean what's in it for pending outland applicants?

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
Yes, a 'temporary pause' for 10 months without any warning or official statement. Looking forward to having my application deprioritized, eventually landing in Canada by 2025 at the age of 35, and working low paying "high-skill" jobs that will never afford me the opportunity to ever own a home or comfortably retire before 80. Head held real goddamn high, don't worry.
I don't agree with how they handled this either, but come on, 2025 is a stretch and you know it. Oh, not being able to purchase a home is your concern? Don't worry, Canadians can't afford homes either :D

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I’ve started my student visa journey and I can’t even lie I think I have PTSD from the Canadian government not keeping to théier words, just knowing that my application will pass through the same organization or immigration agency and I’m having crazy thoughts about their denial
I hope it turns out fine but expect the worse. My younger brother and his friend applied for study permit recently, they were denied on the ground that an officer isn't satisfied they were going to leave Canada after their studies. Imagine the double standards? You're providing pathways for students to become permanent residents but will still deny them visa because you don't think they will leave after their studies. Pathetic.