+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
They could clear a big chunk of the backlog rather quickly, but someone took the decision to put the brakes on the FSW-outland stream. The current state of the backlog is not the unfortunate result of external constraints, or an obvious choice made from practical considerations about the vaccination plan, the VACs or whatnot. It's a deliberate political decision which will have a repercussion on the economy. Who made that call?
That would be --- Honorable Marco Mendicino.

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
They could clear a big chunk of the backlog rather quickly, but someone took the decision to put the brakes on the FSW-outland stream. The current state of the backlog is not the unfortunate result of external constraints, or an obvious choice made from practical considerations about the vaccination plan, the VACs or whatnot. It's a deliberate political decision which will have a repercussion on the economy. Who made that call?
Is FSW-Outland really being singled out though? As far as I know, CEC-Outland and PNP-Outland are slow as hell too right now. What about all the other economic immigration streams, like caregivers and entrepreneurs? To me it seems like outland apps in general are more or less on hold, except for family sponsorship and refugees. I'm sure there's politics involved, but in the grand scheme of things I still think this is about Covid. Covid based politics if you will.

Does piss me off that tourists can enter while we can't though.

Reactions: dankboi

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Is FSW-Outland really being singled out though? As far as I know, CEC-Outland and PNP-Outland are slow as hell too right now. What about all the other economic immigration streams, like caregivers and entrepreneurs? To me it seems like outland apps in general are more or less on hold, except for family sponsorship and refugees. I'm sure there's politics involved, but in the grand scheme of things I still think this is about Covid. Covid based politics if you will.

Does piss me off that tourists can enter while we can't though.
Tourist brings money ,spends leaves canada after couple of days while we are going through this hell to live there permanently (most of us) and surely we are going to search for employment,surely we are going to add stress on theur medical facilities,we are going to push real estate prices ,we are maximum bringing 12K USD per person so I dont think they are doing it with out a plan. If all outland applications are delayed then COVID delay make sence.I will be careful only if FSW O is singled out but from what you are telling that is not the case.

Gordon507

Sep 30, 2020
Plan ahead and don't miss the chance to go with stream B.
Don't think my credentials are gonna be too useful in landing a job. Plus I don't have any Canadian experience at all. Studying might be a better pathway for me to really settle there.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
But but but the survey email that IRCC sent. Surely means something??
They are processing but in a snail pace,I might be too optimistic but stll we saw a lot of PPRs after sep 7 especially when compared to the previous month and similarly ghost updates,Things are moving but slower than a snail.

Guacamoney

Sep 27, 2021
Hey guys, I’m an October 2020 FSW-O and my medical is about to expire. What should I expect? And what should I do?
August & September people what happened with your medicals?

Reactions: Amiz

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hey guys, I’m an October 2020 FSW-O and my medical is about to expire. What should I expect? And what should I do?
My actual medical expiration date was Oct 2 but in sep 2 itself my status of medical changed from passed to you dont require a medical(which means they will let you know what to do) ,my friend had this same situation but they extended his meds after 6 months and his application is still in progress.

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am Aug’20 AOR. My medical expired on June’21… Portal says you dont need medical. We will let you know if it changes whereas GCMS notes says it is expired. No movement in profile so waiting

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I am Aug’20 AOR. My medical expired on June’21… Portal says you dont need medical. We will let you know if it changes whereas GCMS notes says it is expired. No movement in profile so waiting
So did the status change before the actual expiration date?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have a non Canadian master and a bachelor degree. I have ECA for masters only. In my Language / Study section I mentioned, I have two degrees ie bachelor and masters. For masters I have answered the question Do you have ECA done in last 5 years for this qualification? as YES. For Bachelor, I have mentioned the same question it as "No". By answering it like this, have I messed up my application? Should I have never mentioned my bachelors in the Study section at all? Did anyone do this and got approved? This thing is driving me nuts!

PS: Sorry to highjack this thread for asking this question. I really apologize.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Tourist brings money ,spends leaves canada after couple of days while we are going through this hell to live there permanently (most of us) and surely we are going to search for employment,surely we are going to add stress on theur medical facilities,we are going to push real estate prices ,we are maximum bringing 12K USD per person so I dont think they are doing it with out a plan. If all outland applications are delayed then COVID delay make sence.I will be careful only if FSW O is singled out but from what you are telling that is not the case.
There's also this one tiny little detail... we're also going to pay way more taxes and spend more money in Canada than tourists, which in turn contributes more to the total GDP, and support government activities.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I have a non Canadian master and a bachelor degree. I have ECA for masters only. In my Language / Study section I mentioned, I have two degrees ie bachelor and masters. For masters I have answered the question Do you have ECA done in last 5 years for this qualification? as YES. For Bachelor, I have mentioned the same question it as "No". By answering it like this, have I messed up my application? Should I have never mentioned my bachelors in the Study section at all? Did anyone do this and got approved? This thing is driving me nuts!

PS: Sorry to highjack this thread for asking this question. I really apologize.
the simple thing is that you can mention you have 150 degrees in personal information, and yet have ECA just for your master's as it is your highest degree. That's what I did. No sweat.