+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
At times, I feel if Canada PR is worth this hassle. Today, I am convinced that it is. One of my friends was about to go to Indian in 2 weeks for his marriage. He booked an appointment with a US consulate for his first H1B vis interview. Without any reason, the consulate cancelled his appointment. He booked this back in June. He planned well ahead. Now, he doesn't know if he will get married in two weeks because it's risky to travel without a visa appointment.

Well, I will f**king wait even for months rather than sitting in the US on a sl*ve visa and fearing about uncertainties on a temporary visa. If you think IRCC is the worst, well you have never dealt with US immigration. They are the worst of all.
I totally agree with you US don't give a fuck, especially if you are on OPT /H1b and to make matters worse ifyou are an Indian.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
At times, I feel if Canada PR is worth this hassle. Today, I am convinced that it is. One of my friends was about to go to Indian in 2 weeks for his marriage. He booked an appointment with a US consulate for his first H1B vis interview. Without any reason, the consulate cancelled his appointment. He booked this back in June. He planned well ahead. Now, he doesn't know if he will get married in two weeks because it's risky to travel without a visa appointment.

Well, I will f**king wait even for months rather than sitting in the US on a sl*ve visa and fearing about uncertainties on a temporary visa. If you think IRCC is the worst, well you have never dealt with US immigration. They are the worst of all.
Canada is bad because they give priority to “compassionate applicants”. Those that give them the best PR. USA on the other hand are all anti immigration in general. Every category is getting a big FU.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Canada is bad because they give priority to “compassionate applicants”. Those that give them the best PR. USA on the other hand are all anti immigration in general. Every category is getting a big FU.
Considering the situation, Canada feels much better for me. Ofocurse, they are highly incompetent.

Reactions: raklukr

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021

Have you figured out employment if you move to Canada or will your current employer let you work remotely?

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
...Or you could research EU options................
That's the issue man. Once you are in the US, very few look for Europe as an option. Especially if you are an Indian, the US is the highest point and you will. For us, Canada is just an indirect pathway to the US. This is why many of us including me are paying the price. We have invested so much time, energy, and money in the US. Unable to let go, so we suffer knowingly.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Except the illegal immigration......

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Employment are losing 80-100k greencards when this month ends. Family preference 100-150k, diversity 50k. All cases that are going to court and just gives the current government a chance to save those GC for next year. The government says no. Then they bring up a bill to recapture those wasted GC, which will not pass and say, “sucks, we tried, but the other side doesn’t want it.” They get their media coverage pretending to be pro immigration, while in the background they push their anti immigration agenda. I hate the US government.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Have you figured out employment if you move to Canada or will your current employer let you work remotely?
I have an offer already but they wanna wait for my PR. I dunno how long they will wait. They don't wanna take the work permit route which they once considered. I don't think finding a job in Canada would be an issue.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I have an offer already but they wanna wait for my PR. I dunno how long they will wait. They don't wanna take the work permit route which they once considered. I don't think finding a job in Canada would be an issue.
That's good to hear you already have a job lined up. If this PR takes even longer now (say another 6 months+), you might have to try to push the work permit route with them a bit more again.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
That's good to hear you already have a job lined up. If this PR takes even longer now (say another 6 months+), you might have to try to push the work permit route with them a bit more again.
I don't know if the company will wait. I literally gave up on the job and will search again when I get my PR. They did not want to work permit because it would again take 3 to 4 months easily even if I apply from the US.

Reactions: raklukr

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Illegal immigrants is their cash cow for media. They know passing any form of legalization is slim, but it gives them so much coverage to pretend they are pro immigration. That’s all they want.
There has been very little illegal immigration in the US for some time. That dropped significantly during the Obama presidency. It was very high under Clinton and Bush

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020

Can it be helped when (insert a large enough percentage point here) of the entire Indian population (15b+) wants to end up in the USA? Even NDVO combined has a much lighter workload than US consulates in India I am sure. Yes, even 2-3 yrs is better than 10+ yrs of wait in US, you can always console yourself this way...But it should have been 6-9 mths to start with. That's a factor of 3 to 4!

Also, you have to give USCIS credit where they employ a FIFO queue...

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
This is forwarded to a group in which I'm a member. Really at wits end and speechless looking at the msg

"Just now I called up the office of one of the shadow minister for immigration. His secretary answered the call and she only had sympathies for us and could not help much. She said that IRCC is running way behind the schedule in terms of processing outland applications and neither IRCC nor any other person has any info as to how IRCC is going to handle this. She said just keep trying to speak with IRCC agents."

This is totally unfair . Except some visa offices, most officers are not ready to work on FSW O files it seems. But they have all the time in the world to process CEC files, Tourist Visas, Work Permits, and other visas at lightning speed

Wtf

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Can it be helped when (insert a large enough percentage point here) of the entire Indian population (15b+) wants to end up in the USA? Even NDVO combined has a much lighter workload than US consulates in India I am sure. Yes, even 2-3 yrs is better than 10+ yrs of wait in US, you can always console yourself this way...But it should have been 6-9 mths to start with. That's a factor of 3 to 4!

Also, you have to give USCIS credit where they employ a FIFO queue...
The problem is the way USCIS processes applications. Why take several months for a work permit extension when you are literally in the same job, same employer, same salary? What's pathetic is sometimes they request evidence to prove if I am qualified for the same job they had approved my visa 2 years ago. I would never give credit to pathetic USCIS.

• Haha
Reactions: he5ham