+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Sand_canada

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021

djcluez

Jul 23, 2021
Quick question guys,

FSW-O. January 2021 AOR. February Medicals passed. August 4th requested gcms notes (still not received)

Is it ok for me to change my current job to a higher paid one while my application is in process? Will i need to update my profile via webform and get a new recommendation letter from my potential new company? Will there be any effect on the application?

Thanks.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Hahaha. Though the article written is extremely right wing, I cant help but agree that might be the liberal government priority. Immigration with eligibility,criminality and security over. Fast tracked immigration for refugee. Someone here pointed out that the way forward for success to immigrate will be applying to Canada as a refugee. Best part, if the article true is there is an assortment of reasons to choose from in your application and you don't even have to prove it.
If you look through the Refugee and Asylum section of this forum, you will quickly see how people are claiming bogus asylums and applying for H&C as a last resort when they couldn't qualify for anything else. Canada giving PR to these people is literally taking a dump on everyone's face who has worked hard to qualify.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
afghan crisis is long gone, it's now winter vacation and ircc is providing pathway to travelers with criminal background to come to canada

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/planning-a-winter-vacation-in-canada-what-to-do-with-a-past-criminal-record-0919243.html
This isn’t new. How Canada deals with applicants with criminal histories (of varying magnitudes) has always been documented. That’s why Criminality is an important step in the PR process. Not sure what the issue is here, unless you weren’t previously aware of this.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
IRCC has thrown us all under the bus for very long now. It's shocking that they can't even make a general announcement related to processing timelines of FSW-O applications and future FSW-O draws. Guess we are the easiest people to target that's why. Virtue signaling is a key component of liberal governments across the world, that's why they want to prioritize refugees, asylum seekers before skilled, qualified people like us.

Last edited:
Reactions: HA1986

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Do you have any idea about medical insurance for international student's spouse and dependent child? I know for students, medicals are covered under the tuition fee. But any idea about their dependent child and their spouse who is on a work permit?
Depends on the province - some provide health cover for temporary residents, some don't. I am in SK and my family (OWP, dependent SPs and 1 visitor record holder) and I(study permit) are covered by the SK health insurance. My spouse holds a OWP but he isn't working here yet.

I was previously planning to go to sch in QC and we weren't eligible for provincial cover. I would have gotten health cover through my school (paid as part of tuition)and would have needed to purchase private insurance for the rest of my family.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Quick question guys,

FSW-O. January 2021 AOR. February Medicals passed. August 4th requested gcms notes (still not received)

Is it ok for me to change my current job to a higher paid one while my application is in process? Will i need to update my profile via webform and get a new recommendation letter from my potential new company? Will there be any effect on the application?

Thanks.
Please take it. Speaking from experience do not put away anything in hopes of your pr arriving tomorrow. I skipped two chances to make a significant jump in my career thinking that I will immigrate to Canada this year. Not one day goes by without me kicking myself for my decision.

You do not need to provide any update to the IRCC as you have already qualified based on your existing experience/qualifications unless you have a change in residency or similar circumstances from your new job.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
This is forwarded to a group in which I'm a member. Really at wits end and speechless looking at the msg

"Just now I called up the office of one of the shadow minister for immigration. His secretary answered the call and she only had sympathies for us and could not help much. She said that IRCC is running way behind the schedule in terms of processing outland applications and neither IRCC nor any other person has any info as to how IRCC is going to handle this. She said just keep trying to speak with IRCC agents."

This is totally unfair . Except some visa offices, most officers are not ready to work on FSW O files it seems. But they have all the time in the world to process CEC files, Tourist Visas, Work Permits, and other visas at lightning speed

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
I bet their next excuse will be that Parents and Grandparents Program lottery for the next 2 weeks. They totally have time to invite 30k more people while doing PNP/CEC draws every 2 weeks and processing tourist visas for people with criminal record.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
At times, I feel if Canada PR is worth this hassle. Today, I am convinced that it is. One of my friends was about to go to Indian in 2 weeks for his marriage. He booked an appointment with a US consulate for his first H1B vis interview. Without any reason, the consulate cancelled his appointment. He booked this back in June. He planned well ahead. Now, he doesn't know if he will get married in two weeks because it's risky to travel without a visa appointment.

Well, I will f**king wait even for months rather than sitting in the US on a sl*ve visa and fearing about uncertainties on a temporary visa. If you think IRCC is the worst, well you have never dealt with US immigration. They are the worst of all.

tnytny

Oct 13, 2020
Has anyone submit a web form to ircc after the election? Are they still not responding because of the afghan crisis?
WHAT AFGHAN CRISIS? Canada withdrew from Afghanistan in 2014 and they are only bringing a limited amount of refugees. They claim they will birng/process 20k refugees, which btw is NOT a significant number for Canada. Proof?
Canada granted refugee status to 109 K people in 2020 but granted 101K and 1118K people with the status in 2019 and 2018, respectively. Seems like a lot?
Canada granted 167K people with refugee status in 2012, 175K people in 2007 and 186K in 1994.
20K doesn't even make a dent on a yearly basis. So I don't think it should be a credible excuse for lazy mismanagement, lack of transparency and accountability to FSW applicants.

Reactions: RSub
D

Deleted member 1050918

Well, I will f**king wait even for months rather than sitting in the US on a sl*ve visa and fearing about uncertainties on a temporary visa. If you think IRCC is the worst, well you have never dealt with US immigration. They are the worst of all.
...Or you could research EU options................