Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
How did we end up in this situation where they are processing or at least sending updates for every other category except FSW? It's unbelievable. In hindsight, I wouldn't have applied for this had I known that it would take 18 months with no meaningful communication happening. Right now, I'm too invested in this to give up.

Lesson learnt: Immigrating to a first world country is complicated. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
What is worse is, you are out of options and at the mercy of these idiots. 18 months is a long long time and to take that from someone's peak years is really evil. It's not about the money or even the country, it's about the time invested which you can't get back. Who in their right mind would invest their time if getting an ITA wasn't a sure-fire way to get the PR.

Reactions: immicow

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
As much as I'd like to believe that we should start seeing some movement in FSW applications soon, logically thinking if they start building momentum towards FSW processing now (which they haven't since they are still saying limited capacity) it will be at least a month before we see some considerable changes in application statuses and maybe a few PPRs.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
FSW draws will hold on September 15; PPRs will begin to drizzle towards the end of September and the downpour will begin in October
Even if an FSW draw happens now, I don't see a lot of positive in that for those of us waiting in the queue for so long. They probably will start processing new apps while continuing to ignore the old backlog of applications. Just like they are doing with CEC applications right now.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Even if an FSW draw happens now, I don't see a lot of positive in that for those of us waiting in the queue for so long. They probably will start processing new apps while continuing to ignore the old backlog of applications. Just like they are doing with CEC applications right now.
You are right but I hope that wouldn’t be the case. Thousands of applications are already approved and many more just a step away from being finalized. I doubt if they would resort to that kind of irrational approach (even though they have been illogical with most decisions all year)

Reactions: Tristan-XI

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Aren’t new PNP having everything delayed? I’ve heard it’s taking 3+ months just to receive medical passed and biometrics. That coupled with the time between ITA and AOR, I imagine it would be quite a few months before they reach the current stage. If by then nothing changes, then yes, I imagine we will see new apps getting processed faster…

swedentälje

May 17, 2021
Stockholm / Södertälje, Sweden
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
I am officially putting Canada on the back burner. It is evident that no one knows what the IRCC will do, and we do not know what to expect at all. Perhaps FSW draws are coming later this month, perhaps in October, perhaps it won't happen this year. Either way, life goes on, I'll stop thinking about moving to Canada for a while because this is going nowhere.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Bring a few bottles of water, a bucket and maybe an ice-pick, and voilà tout! You could be living in your very own home in a matter of days - no mortgage, no down payment, no closing costs, no realtor fees, nada. :)
* Disclaimer: some countries may come along to claim sovereignty over your home. :p

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Very possible…
rent - $1000-$1200 x 3
Feeding - $300 x 3
Utility - $100 x 3

Nahhh, I’m broke already :confused:
But that totals $4,800. :D At those prices, someone should be able to survive for like 9 months with the IRCC-mandated minimum funds.