Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
These people were international students and I was checking the student's section of this forum at the time and it was full of cry babies crying about how they were not allowed to travel once the ban came into effect despite spending a ton of money on tuition. They were forced to spend up to 5k CAD, 5-6 stops on air tickets to reach Canada, serves them right.
By the same token, we are all cry babies here because the reason IRCC stopped issuing PPRs was that people despite travel restrictions were going to Canada. Not our fault but we have to bear the burnt.

Reactions: RSub and dxdroid

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
They will not cancell anything. This backlog is not as big as it looks like. You should really calm down and see what will happen in the next few weeks. I know it is difficult to wait but it is what it is. You are not helping youself now.
It is not about the wait .it is the the variables till now we were all saying border openings is the reason why they are not processing.Today the border opened.Thi new prioritizing crap started under MM and JT seems like they will win again, nothing is changing here if all the variables remains the same how to expect a different result.
Liberals are also not saints they are the ones who cancelled qubec applications.

Technically IRcc canceled application twice in 10 yrs.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
They might just casually decide to cancel all outland applications because the backlog is too big and announce some kind of big and great immigration reform if they win, something like Express Entry 2.0
How does it make sense to cancel all applications when 90% of them are processed and close to being finalized? How will they justify spending all that money processing apps only to cancel them in the end? And how are they going to manage the refund? You know it's not a small amount.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
It is not about the wait .it is the the variables till now we were all saying border openings is the reason why they are not processing.Today the border opened.Thi new prioritizing crap started under MM and JT seems like they will win again, nothing is changing here if all the variables remains the same how to expect a different result.
Liberals are also not saints they are the ones who cancelled qubec applications.

Jesus christ man ;) calm down. We said once the border will open they will start working on them. Give them some time. In the next few weeks we will see more PPRs coming over.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
How does it make sense to cancel all applications when 90% of them are processed and close to being finalized? How will they justify spending all that money processing apps only to cancel them in the end? And how are they going to manage the refund? You know it's not a small amount.
Some people here are just going nuts. No rational thinking, 0 :D

chiki_chaka

Sep 7, 2021
Was just watching this video and one of the reasons mentioned here that because external immigration has been stopped which has resulted in record high vacancies in Canada. I saw some local people who were complaining about reasons FSW-O has been stopped is because of lack of jobs. LMAO with record high vacancies workers will charge more resulting in higher prices. I'm a local too and I think we need immigrants more than ever now to bounce back stronger. Hope you all get to hear some good news soon.

canadaindia123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Was just watching this video and one of the reasons mentioned here that because external immigration has been stopped which has resulted in record high vacancies in Canada. I saw some local people who were complaining about reasons FSW-O has been stopped is because of lack of jobs. LMAO with record high vacancies workers will charge more resulting in higher prices. I'm a local too and I think we need immigrants more than ever now to bounce back stronger. Hope you all get to hear some good news soon.
Isn't a similar happening in the UK too?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
One of the reasons given by then Immigration minister:

"Having to process applications that are as many as eight years out of date reduces our ability to focus on new applicants with skills and talents that our economy needs today."

Please note that applications were mostly paper-based and it was difficult for IRCC to trackback these applications. Do you know how many applicants suffered? 280,000. I want to remind you that not many applicants are still waiting for their approval from 2019. They are a handful and they are mostly complex. Since Sep 2019, 85000+ invites were sent from "No class specific draws". Even if all these applicants are FSWs (which is hard to believe), are 85000 "online" applications difficult to be processed versus paper-based 280,000 applications that were lying from as early as 8 years to 4 years? Even if IRCC cancels, how would that make them look in front of the world? That would be 2nd time in 10 years of canceling applications due to incompetency. Let's say IRCC lacks shame (which is true), why would they cancel online applications that are in the final stages? Most of the applications are pending security which is done by other agencies and not by IRCC. I say this from reading threads on this website and all of social media day and night for the last 18 months. Why would IRCC keep indicating that they want more immigrants? In 2021, 8 to 4 years old applications were truly outdated and it happened after the economic crises. Even though we are in a health crisis, it's not like Canada has no jobs for newcomers or doesn't need new talent like in 2008. Go read articles that say Canada immediately needs highly skilled professionals but they only have low-skilled CEC grandpas and grandmas.

I want to stress the point "....out of date reduces our ability to focus on new applicants with skills and talents that our economy needs today" made by then Marco. Do you think technologies in IT, Energy, hospitality, and other sectors changed in just 2 years? It's the same. Maybe Canada needs professionals in clean energy but it has not changed drastically in other sectors. So there is no "out of date" talent or 8 to 4 year old paper-based applications. Just chill. Also, in 2012 IRCC canceled applicants who applied before Feb 28, 2008. So they processed applications applied after March 1, 2008. Today, there are no age-old applications. It's just a year old and a maximum of 2 years old applications.

https://blog.firstreference.com/government-of-canada-will-cancel-federal-skilled-worker-cases-filed-prior-to-2008/#.YTfXYrVKiUk

Personally, I would re-apply if IRCC cancels FSW because I am not gonna lose anything if they cancel FSW now. But, think about the negativity being spread without a solid source.
So annoying to see people always assuming the worst. Is that also part of Indian DNA? lol.
Very well written. I will copy-paste this every time I see someone going down that lane.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Lost jobs in which sectors ;) Hospitality, Tourism etc. they were impacted. IT, Health Care, Finance etc. these were not impacted and a lot of FSW candidates are coming to these fields ;) Do they think that all of FSW is coming to serve a coffee in the coffee shop?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Twice? Did they cancel any applications after 2012???

Reactions: dxdroid