+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Still you guys think IRCC wont cancel fsw ......This means they are never going to finalize the pending applications may be years we already passed 1 or 2 and as usual those irresponsible pricks will cancel the applications.This is not to spread negativity but I can't think anything other than that by seeing this.
1: No
2: See point 1
3: Just stop. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Proceed to point 1.

Reactions: ita_drgen and RSub

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Ask yourself if the same reason for canceling applications in 2012 exists even today and then comment here.
Those applications were canceled after a decision was not made for 4 years, we are already halfway there for a big chunk of applications. There is a very high chance of your application just sitting in the backlog without any progress and the webforms/calling will just say the application is still under process.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You misunderstand, these people paid for the test which came out positive but to travel to Canada, they paid extra (most probably a lot) for negative results so that they are allowed to board the flight. Willing to die from covid but travelling is their number one priority.
Oh wow, that's even worse! Despicable.
Why would anyone buy fake results if they don't have covid?
I assumed because of some situation where the fake test result was cheaper than doing the actual test. Either way, that's terrible. Just do things properly, wow.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Why would anyone buy fake results if they don't have covid?
They just don't go through the hassle of getting the test, that's how I imagine it to be. So they dont know if they have covid or not. They just get a negative report and board the flight I guess. There is only 72 hours before flight for the test right?

Reactions: seadrag0n

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
They just don't go through the hassle of getting the test, that's how I imagine it to be. So they dont know if they have covid or not. They just get a negative report and board the flight I guess. There is only 72 hours before flight for the test right?
Yea, but it is stupid. Because of such assholes the rates of discovered infections can go up and this can affect the decision to close the border again. Selfish assholes...

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, that's the rule.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Those applications were canceled after a decision was not made for 4 years, we are already halfway there for a big chunk of applications. There is a very high chance of your application just sitting in the backlog without any progress and the webforms/calling will just say the application is still under process.
"On March 30th, 2012, new legislation was introduced dictating that any application that had not received a positive decision as of March 29th, 2012 would be terminated... The legislation for this decision was included as a small part of the large annual budget bill, known as “Bill C-38”, which was passed by Parliament".

Do you know what's really funny? Do you know which party was in power in 2012 when that legislation was passed?

And yet you have people in this thread commenting that they desperately want the Conservative Party to win this election because, apparently, they'll be better for immigration. Lol.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yea, but it is stupid. Because of such assholes the rates of discovered infections can go up and this can affect the decision to close the border again. Selfish assholes...
These people were international students and I was checking the student's section of this forum at the time and it was full of cry babies crying about how they were not allowed to travel once the ban came into effect despite spending a ton of money on tuition. They were forced to spend up to 5k CAD, 5-6 stops on air tickets to reach Canada, serves them right.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
These people were international students and I was checking the student's section of this forum at the time and it was full of cry babies crying about how they were not allowed to travel once the ban came into effect despite spending a ton of money on tuition. They were forced to spend up to 5k CAD, 5-6 stops on air tickets to reach Canada, serves them right.
What is the problem of doing the test?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
"On March 30th, 2012, new legislation was introduced dictating that any application that had not received a positive decision as of March 29th, 2012 would be terminated... The legislation for this decision was included as a small part of the large annual budget bill, known as “Bill C-38”, which was passed by Parliament".

Do you know what's really funny? Do you know which party was in power in 2012 when that legislation was passed?

And yet you have people in this thread commenting that they desperately want the Conservative Party to win this election because, apparently, they'll be better for immigration. Lol.
They might just casually decide to cancel all outland applications because the backlog is too big and announce some kind of big and great immigration reform if they win, something like Express Entry 2.0

• Angry
Reactions: Midnight Blessing

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
They don’t know any better. It always gets a chuckle from me when i see those posts.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
One of the reasons given by then Immigration minister:

"Having to process applications that are as many as eight years out of date reduces our ability to focus on new applicants with skills and talents that our economy needs today."

Please note that applications were mostly paper-based and it was difficult for IRCC to trackback these applications. Do you know how many applicants suffered? 280,000. I want to remind you that not many applicants are still waiting for their approval from 2019. They are a handful and they are mostly complex. Since Sep 2019, 85000+ invites were sent from "No class specific draws". Even if all these applicants are FSWs (which is hard to believe), are 85000 "online" applications difficult to be processed versus paper-based 280,000 applications that were lying from as early as 8 years to 4 years? Even if IRCC cancels, how would that make them look in front of the world? That would be 2nd time in 10 years of canceling applications due to incompetency. Let's say IRCC lacks shame (which is true), why would they cancel online applications that are in the final stages? Most of the applications are pending security which is done by other agencies and not by IRCC. I say this from reading threads on this website and all of social media day and night for the last 18 months. Why would IRCC keep indicating that they want more immigrants? In 2021, 8 to 4 years old applications were truly outdated and it happened after the economic crises. Even though we are in a health crisis, it's not like Canada has no jobs for newcomers or doesn't need new talent like in 2008. Go read articles that say Canada immediately needs highly skilled professionals but they only have low-skilled CEC grandpas and grandmas.

I want to stress the point "....out of date reduces our ability to focus on new applicants with skills and talents that our economy needs today" made by then Marco. Do you think technologies in IT, Energy, hospitality, and other sectors changed in just 2 years? It's the same. Maybe Canada needs professionals in clean energy but it has not changed drastically in other sectors. So there is no "out of date" talent or 8 to 4 year old paper-based applications. Just chill. Also, in 2012 IRCC canceled applicants who applied before Feb 28, 2008. So they processed applications applied after March 1, 2008. Today, there are no age-old applications. It's just a year old and a maximum of 2 years old applications.

https://blog.firstreference.com/government-of-canada-will-cancel-federal-skilled-worker-cases-filed-prior-to-2008/#.YTfXYrVKiUk

Personally, I would re-apply if IRCC cancels FSW because I am not gonna lose anything if they cancel FSW now. But, think about the negativity being spread without a solid source.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
They will not cancell anything. This backlog is not as big as it looks like. You should really calm down and see what will happen in the next few weeks. I know it is difficult to wait but it is what it is. You are not helping youself now.

Reactions: RSub