+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Yeah, but they won't be launching these programs anytime soon. They promised they'd abolish citizenship fees in the last election of 2019. They didn't do it and again copy-pasted the same promise in their new platform. CBC's poll predictions are kinda right. In the last election, CBC predicted a minority government for the Liberals. This time Éric Grenier is just predicting 138 seats.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/
liberal has to go. there's no place for them.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Wouldn’t that bring back the way it was? I believe before, if you had any LMIA job offer you got 200 points, so the cutoffs were impossible for an Outland applicant without job offer.
Having a LMIA doesn't equal to having Canadian experience. If they go through this route, the most likely outcome is that with the added Canadian degree + experience, the cut off goes to 500+ so that everyone must learn French.

Iantian

Apr 1, 2021
I personally think this is the reason they are not conducting FSW draws, everyone just assumed it’s covid, I don’t think there is an official gov reason that they gave for not conducting them. Canada was always an outlier in terms of giving PR to someone who has not stepped foot in that country. Every other country I can think of will atleast want the person to be in the country before giving a PR, it was bound to change at somepoint, looks like we may be the unlucky ones.

WRT to election predictions I think whatever happens, the new gov will not change policies until atleast a couple of months of forming government.
Crying out loud. Couldn't get H1b in many years of lottery and now this. :(

Reactions: Lc4life

Chance à la vie

Aug 3, 2021
France
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
8 Oct. 2020
Obviously until travel restrictions are lifted, CEC would get priority in processing. But after restrictions are lifted, I think it'll be the cases that have a stronger chance to be finalized before 2021 that'll be given priority, regardless of CEC or FSW. After all, there's no point wasting time on a CEC app that won't help 2021 targets just for the sake of prioritizing CECs.
Talking about targets, do we know how much they've admitted this year, and how much quota is left to be filled for the year? That info might really help to manage one's expectations.

Haku13

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Guys changes are not going to happen any time soon, even if liberals win the majority. They can't reach the decision and apply it in just a couple of months. It'll take so much time, as well as lots of back and forth discussions.

Chance à la vie

Aug 3, 2021
France
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
8 Oct. 2020
I personally think this is the reason they are not conducting FSW draws, everyone just assumed it’s covid, I don’t think there is an official gov reason that they gave for not conducting them. Canada was always an outlier in terms of giving PR to someone who has not stepped foot in that country. Every other country I can think of will atleast want the person to be in the country before giving a PR, it was bound to change at somepoint, looks like we may be the unlucky ones.

WRT to election predictions I think whatever happens, the new gov will not change policies until atleast a couple of months of forming government.
So let's say "you" become the unlucky one, ai it changes, what would you have gained? Is this the first time Canada has had an election? Get busy and stop spreading negativity all of the place man.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Guys changes are not going to happen any time soon, even if liberals win the majority. They can't reach the decision and apply it in just a couple of months. It'll take so much time, as well as lots of back and forth discussions.
They could do a TR-PR each year. And CEC only draws each year. They could make whatever happens this year become permanent.

Reactions: singh@1234

Haku13

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
They could do a TR-PR each year. And CEC only draws each year. They could make whatever happens this year become permanent.
No, they can't. Changing the law permanently needs lots of discussions, and the government can't do it by itself. Things that happened this year were temporary plans in order to deal with the side-effects of an ongoing pandemic.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
No, they can't. Changing the law permanently needs lots of discussions, and the government can't do it by itself. Things that happened this year were temporary plans in order to deal with the side-effects of an ongoing pandemic.
I agree with you but it doesn't change the fact that liberals immigration policies are anti-skilled immigrants and detrimental to Canada's future as they will find out in the years to come.

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Exactly! Changes don't come in a matter of days or months. They take sometimes years. Similarly, Express Entry system was launched after 2 or 3 years of consultation, etc. Same happened with the Quebec's Arrima expression of interest system. The idea of Arrima was floated in 2015.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Exactly! Changes don't come in a matter of days or months. They take sometimes years. Similarly, Express Entry system was launched after 2 or 3 years of consultation, etc. Same happened with the Quebec's Arrima expression of interest system. The idea of Arrima was floated in 2015.
Not saying this will happen but they can sunset the FSW program if they want to. I believe they have done that to their investor program this year.