+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hard to imagine they will take such an extreme step. What will be the justification and reasoning for doing so? I'm sure it's easier to complete existing applications than canceling them all overriding the time and resources spent to process them.
I agree. It maybe unethical to just cancel applications without any reason at all. It's not the applicants fault and Canada will have criticisms from people around the world if they will do that

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
LEGALFALCON:
One of the biggest myths is that liberals are pro immigrants and conservatives are not. Under the liberals, the backlogs have increased.

It was the conservatives that actually revamped the immigration system in 2015 by bringing in the Express Entry, which is now the flagship program of Canadian Immigration. The processing time was brought down by EE from 3 years to 6 months for economic immigrants.
No political party in Canada is anti-immigrant. The only contention is about legal immigration. Conservatives support legal immigration and do not want people jumping the queue.

Finally, an election does not change the immigration policy. It may change the numbers a little, but Canada will remain open to immigrants, whether it is the conservatives or liberals. In the end, you have to see who manages things better. Going by the track record, it is the conservatives that have managed immigration better.
Just by announcing large numbers, you cannot make the process streamlined. You need proper laws, updating the systems and allocate additional resources to IRCC.

As regards cancelling the applications, that will not happen.

This happened in 2012 due to Bill C-38, which was later known as Canada’s Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act. IRCC was facing a lot of issues. IRPA was amended and section 87.3 was introduced, which gave the power to the Immigration Minister to issue Ministerial Instructions (MI) to streamline the process and fix quotas.

In 2008, over 600,000 applicants were awaiting processing and the number continued. However, the Act created section 87.4 of the IPRA, a provision which had the effect of unilaterally terminating all FSW applications submitted before 27 February 2008 which had not received a decision based on selection criteria before 29 March 2012.12 This amounted to a total of approximately 280,000 applications being rejected.

After this, the express entry was brought in 2015.

However, we are currently nowhere close, and the power of the ministerial instructions is in place with the Minister, who uses it for all draws and can also exercise them to streamline the process. This is why no new FSW draw has taken place in the last few months.

Also, most pending applications have already crossed most stages and some even have a decision made. It is just a matter of borders opening and issuance of COPR.

I highly doubt that the same 2012 situation will repeat.

D

Deleted member 1050918

LEGALFALCON:
One of the biggest myths is that liberals are pro immigrants and conservatives are not. Under the liberals, the backlogs have increased.
Facts. Also it was a liberal minister (Marco Mendicino) who said FSW was discriminatory.

The current liberal party is more against skilled immigration than the conservative party.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Needed. I think i need to take a chill soon. Welcome back buddy. Your memes were surely missed
i got out of the work a month ago, and had some stuffs to do and later went out to visit my pals, so a route goes via derby - lake district - edinburgh - aberdeen. and spent a week with my pal and his fam and back. ima go out for trips and not gonna stay home. The time spent away from the pc and phone was incredible.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It was a good watch but I didn't really understand why he kept mentioning a boot throughout his speech.
Just his accent I guess, he did mention he was raised in the US for some time in one of his old videos. I really like the way he makes his videos funny but always objective and unbiased.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Facts. Also it was a liberal minister (Marco Mendicino) who said FSW was discriminatory.

The current liberal party is more against skilled immigration than the conservative party.
That was such an idiotic thing to say. Sums up the minister of Immigration of Canada.