+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Well said, we just have to wait and see what plans they’ve line up after the border gets reopened. If I hadn’t seen those documents recently released I probably would have given up on FSW draws by now because covid is no longer a valid reason. So, I’m assuming non-conduction of these draws till now is somewhat related to the pausing of outland files processing which is in turn dictated by travel restrictions currently in place. We wait and see
You know, if I want to play the "signs and predictions" game just like many YouTubers and immigration consultants, I'd say there is absolutely no negative sign about the FSW program. They could simply not allow any FSW applicant to create a profile there if they did not want us. But they say "Waiting kills". While I am still young, I have been through these kinds of situations a few times in my life, where I wanted something so bad and kept thinking about it day and night and nothing would happen. But as soon as I left it on its own and stopped thinking about it, life just brought it to me by itself.

Again, I believe all of us FSW applicants have to be honest with ourselves in order to be prepared for any of the 3 scenarios that might happen:
1) FSW resumes as usual
2) FSW resumes with minor/major changes that design it a way that matches the specific in-demand professions of Canada better
3) FSW never resumes and Canada stops offering PR status to those who have never been to the country just like all other nations (While extremely unlikely, again I believe expecting the worst scenarios is the right strategy to survive in today's world of uncertainties).

After all, cheers to all of us FSW applicants eagerly waiting in the pool :cool:

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1050918

No offense but if one thinks Canada can achieve what it wants from immigration without offering outland options, one has poor analysis skills and possibly insufficient knowledge about Canada's demographics and economy.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
You know, if I want to play the "signs and predictions" game just like many YouTubers and immigration consultants, I'd say there is absolutely no negative sign about the FSW program. They could simply not allow any FSW applicant to create a profile there if they did not want us. But they say "Waiting kills". While I am still young, I have been through these kinds of situations a few times in my life, where I wanted something so bad and kept thinking about it day and night and nothing would happen. But as soon as I left it on its own and stopped thinking about it, life just brought it to me by itself.

Again, I believe all of us FSW applicants have to be honest with ourselves in order to be prepared for any of the 3 scenarios that might happen:
1) FSW resumes as usual
2) FSW resumes with minor/major changes that design it a way that matches the specific in-demand professions of Canada better
3) FSW never resumes and Canada stops offering PR status to those who have never been to the country just like all other nations (While extremely unlikely, again I believe expecting the worst scenarios is the right strategy to survive in today's world of uncertainties).

After all, cheers to all of us FSW applicants eagerly waiting in the pool :cool:
For me, I’m always prepared for the worst possible outcome. That’s why things hardly take me by surprise. But i choose to be optimistic regardless. At moment there’s no indication that FSW will the scrapped. That would actually be the dumbest move Canada can ever make considering their lofty immigration goals they need to achieve for the next few decades

Reactions: Tristan-XI

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
No offense but if one thinks Canada can achieve what it wants from immigration without offering outland options, one has poor analysis skills and possibly insufficient knowledge about Canada's demographics and economy.
So they will change priority from CEC to FSW and CEC soon? Within this year?

D

Deleted member 1050918

So they will change priority from CEC to FSW and CEC soon? Within this year?
People discussed this many times here so i won't go again but if you take a look at dropping CEC numbers you can see IRCC isn't planning on relying on low score CECs anymore. FSW will probably have some sort of NOC arrangements maybe like what it was before JT. But outland routes aren't going anywhere. They'll just be updated probably.

Last edited by a moderator: