+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
People discussed this many times here so i won't go again but if you take a look at dropping CEC numbers you can see IRCC isn't planning on relying on low score CECs anymore. FSW will probably have some sort of NOC arrangements maybe like what it was before JT. But outland routes aren't going anywhere. They'll just be updated probably.
What was the NOC arrangement before?

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
They will adjust them to the market needs. More than likely health care, IT, mechanical wngineering for sure, about the rest, it is hard to know. As @ImpatientKangaroo said it, programs for skilled workers are not going anywhere, possibly they will be updated, that also could be the reason why draws are nit happening however I doubt they will announce this change in the current year. We just have to wait guys. The more you expect and the more you are waiting for something, it will start killing you :) sooner or later we will meet in Canada for a beer

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
They will adjust them to the market needs. More than likely health care, IT, mechanical wngineering for sure, about the rest, it is hard to know. As @ImpatientKangaroo said it, programs for skilled workers are not going anywhere, possibly they will be updated, that also could be the reason why draws are nit happening however I doubt they will announce this change in the current year. We just have to wait guys. The more you expect and the more you are waiting for something, it will start killing you :) sooner or later we will meet in Canada for a beer
I am Ontario PNP for NOC 2173 Software Engineer. I hope they put me through quickly.

D

Deleted member 1050918

There used to be NOC quotas in FSW. like annual numbers for each NOC and once the number was reached within the year, that NOC wouldn't be invited until next year. I doubt canada can afford this exact same technique now because their targets are ridiculous but rest assured, FSW isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: dxdroid

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
There used to be NOC quotas in FSW. like annual numbers for each NOC and once the number was reached within the year, that NOC wouldn't be invited until next year. I doubt canada can afford this exact same technique now because their targets are ridiculous but rest assured, FSW isn't going anywhere.
Coming from the perspective of Canada’s demographic concern; I’m not sure this system will be favorable considering the high annual immigration targets they’ve set which will keep increasing as the years roll by. Also, any NOC adjustments would ideally affect all EE streams not just FSW. What do you think?

Reactions: Tristan-XI
D

Deleted member 1050918

Coming from the perspective of Canada’s demographic concern; I’m not sure this system will be favorable considering the high annual immigration targets they’ve set which will keep increasing as the years roll by. Also, any NOC adjustments would ideally affect all EE streams not just FSW. What do you think?
Agreed, if there's any NOC play it'll be for all streams not just fsw. This year we have had the chance to see what canadian immigration would look like if they completely excluded outland candidates. We saw that in a whole year maybe 20k skilled (crs450+) candidates were found among inland candidates. Less than one fifth of Canada's 2021 target. See? Inland-only is a pathetic approach. And among those 20k, most are inexperienced fresh grads. This alone shows why canada can't afford to close outland options. Well, it's not an option at this point, but a necessity.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Agreed, if there's any NOC play it'll be for all streams not just fsw. This year we have had the chance to see what canadian immigration would look like if they completely excluded outland candidates. We saw that in a whole year maybe 20k skilled (crs450+) candidates were found among inland candidates. Less than one fifth of Canada's 2021 target. See? Inland-only is a pathetic approach. And among those 20k, most are inexperienced fresh grads. This alone shows why canada can't afford to close outland options. Well, it's not an option at this point, but a necessity.
I was reading the news about a CEC Inland only approach for the most of this year. I think even Mark was talking about that in one of his videos when he invited one of the IRCC consultants to his poadcast. If I remember correctly they said it that they want to do more CEC draws and see what they can get out of them as a "research for future"... If they will keep doing CEC only they will not compete with US and also they will limit amount of new businesses opening in Canada. The reason why Canada got a boost in new businesses and head quaters there was their immigration policies. US companies are opening new headquaters there or investing a lot of money because they are - well, they were able - to get skilled workers a lot easier than in US for example. I have the same opinion as @ImpatientKangaroo - FSW is not going anywhere and I doubt they will make any changes soon. Correct me if I am wrong but I think it was Conservatives proposal to make changes to EE in this year.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
The vaccination pace in Canada is really slow.
One reason for that could be the fact that most provinces are now open and so the motivation to get vaccinated has gone down. And that’s where things like vaccine passports, vaccine mandates etc. should help. Nonetheless with 84% first dose and 74% fully vaccinated of the eligible population at the moment, the rates are still among the best in the world.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
One reason for that could be the fact that most provinces are now open and so the motivation to get vaccinated has gone down. And that’s where things like vaccine passports, vaccine mandates etc. should help. Nonetheless with 84% first dose and 74% fully vaccinated of the eligible population at the moment, the rates are still among the best in the world.
It’s actually the best in the world; just somewhat surprised by the abrupt slowdown in vaccination pace. I do agree with the reason you gave though.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Maybe this year would be a learning curve for IRCC

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I was reading the news about a CEC Inland only approach for the most of this year. I think even Mark was talking about that in one of his videos when he invited one of the IRCC consultants to his poadcast. If I remember correctly they said it that they want to do more CEC draws and see what they can get out of them as a "research for future"... If they will keep doing CEC only they will not compete with US and also they will limit amount of new businesses opening in Canada. The reason why Canada got a boost in new businesses and head quaters there was their immigration policies. US companies are opening new headquaters there or investing a lot of money because they are - well, they were able - to get skilled workers a lot easier than in US for example. I have the same opinion as @ImpatientKangaroo - FSW is not going anywhere and I doubt they will make any changes soon. Correct me if I am wrong but I think it was Conservatives proposal to make changes to EE in this year.
Interesting. Can someone confirm if it was the conservatives proposal?

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Interesting. Can someone confirm if it was the conservatives proposal?
Actually it was Liberals:

Immigration Policy
According to the budget, Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino is about to get new powers to choose who gets faster track entry into Canada.

"The Government of Canada intends to propose amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to provide the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada with authority to use ministerial instructions to help select those candidates who best meet Canada's labour market needs from among the growing pool of candidates who wish to become permanent residents through the Express Entry System."

I don't think it will be just streamlining. There might be doing normal draws is well and also give more points to people with the specific NOC codes.

Here is the link:
5 things in the Trudeau government's budget that have nothing to do with spending | CBC News

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
And honestly, I feel like this "FSW draws coming soon" is just becoming a clickbait for Youtubers to receive a few hundred more viewers. Like there is this channel called "Dream Canada" and once a week he uploads a video with an exactly same thumbnail of his smiling face plus a "Good news: FSW draws coming soon" on the lower left side :D:D
IRCC = Increase Revenue with Clickbait Content

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
IRCC = Increase Revenue with Clickbait Content
Like seriously man, just search express entry on YouTube and you'll see a bunch of channels with the same thumbnail: Good News, FSW draw coming soon. Some of them already gave up tho, like they just uploaded less than 2-3 minutes of video on yesterday's draw explaining the tie-breaking rule and cut-off score.
For me at this point FSW draws are becoming very similar to the US lottery. However, the former is done once a year and your chances of being selected are 1 in 40 to 1 in 70 and only dependent on your luck, while the latter is done at least twice a month, and having a strong CRS score can sometimes tell you got a 100% chance of being selected in case it happens. My point is, there are still many positive ways to look at the Express Entry system even considering the ongoing situation.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Like seriously man, just search express entry on YouTube and you'll see a bunch of channels with the same thumbnail: Good News, FSW draw coming soon. Some of them already gave up tho, like they just uploaded less than 2-3 minutes of video on yesterday's draw explaining the tie-breaking rule and cut-off score.
For me at this point FSW draws are becoming very similar to the US lottery. However, the former is done once a year and your chances of being selected are 1 in 40 to 1 in 70 and only dependent on your luck, while the latter is done at least twice a month, and having a strong CRS score can sometimes tell you got a 100% chance of being selected in case it happens. My point is, there are still many positive ways to look at the Express Entry system even considering the ongoing situation.
I would be far from comparing Express Entry from US Green Card. Express Entry is designed for "high skilled" people. You either have points and you will get selected or not. With US Green Card it is totally random.

US H1B Lottery is also hard to obtain. However you cannot really compare them to Express Entry. I would propose that all of us should finish with the speculation when FSW will resume. We got a lot of news that are clearly telling us why there was no FSW, and we should get them back. Lets just wait.