+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I don’t see Covid situation getting bad in Canada in the foreseeable weeks due to their high vaccination numbers. Yes, cases will keep fluctuating but I’m sure people are now smart enough to judge the epidemiological situation based on hospitalization and deaths instead of cases and thankfully both have been fairly stable despite the rising cases of delta variant
In Ireland we are having bigger daily count of cases than Canada does :D we are hitting around 2k a day now.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Israel had the highest vaccination rate at some point though but currently it doesn’t look good there. But I’m sure there are other factors responsible for this; probably the timing of 1st and second doses is one
The death rate is much lower than before. I think there are other factors as well. For example, the doctors are more prepared, and the know better how they can deal with the disease. The supply of medicines and medical equipment are more sufficient than last year.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Israel had the highest vaccination rate at some point though but currently it doesn’t look good there. But I’m sure there are other factors responsible for this; probably the timing of 1st and second doses is one
There's no benchmark though. Like what exactly is "good"? Politicians keep bending this and I don't like it. Israel currently has 559 patients in critical condition and they have very few daily deaths. To me, this is "good". Under these circumstances nothing justifies the time and hope stolen from younger people just because some oldies could die at 85 rather than 80. This nonsense must end.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
There's no benchmark though. Like what exactly is "good"? Politicians keep bending this and I don't like it. Israel currently has 559 patients in critical condition and they have very few daily deaths. To me, this is "good". Under these circumstances nothing justifies the time and hope stolen from younger people just because some oldies could die at 85 rather than 80. This nonsense must end.
As of now it looks more like a yearly flu - at least in more developed countries where vaccination rate is higher.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
What about the US. Currently having more hospitalized children than even during the peak pandemic period. I think we are still far from saying the pandemic is over but the good thing is that progress is being made. Consolidated global efforts is needed to end this thing; unfortunately there’s too much politicizing

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
What about the US. Currently having more hospitalized children than even during the peak pandemic period. I think we are still far from saying the pandemic is over but the good thing is that progress is being made. Consolidated global efforts is needed to end this thing; unfortunately there’s too much politicking
I was always asking myself why the hell the rest of the world did not ban the travel to and from China at the very begining. We were able to see what is happening there and no one took any action :( instead we have locked down entire world and created another major crisis for a lot of poeople.

D

Deleted member 1050918

What about the US. Currently having more hospitalized children than even during the peak pandemic period. I think we are still far from saying the pandemic is over but the good thing is that progress is being made. Consolidated global efforts is needed to end this thing; unfortunately there’s too much politicizing
It's a tragedy but we need to look at the numbers. Children are dying all over the world every day. Yes it's harsh but giving politicians the opportunity to bend this pandemic to their will is harsher.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Thankfully they are allowing to vaccinate more and more children.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Guys quick question. We were thinking again to try to attempt IELTS again. If I will improve my reading part by only .5 points, hopping that the rest will be as it was and my gf would improve speaking by .5 our score would jump to 479 from 474. Would you do it or just wait and see what will happen?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Guys quick question. We were thinking again to try to attempt IELTS again. If I will improve my reading part by only .5 points, hopping that the rest will be as it was and my gf would improve speaking by .5 our score would jump to 479 from 474. Would you do it or just wait and see what will happen?
GT reading is so easy, you should practice and give it again. Getting 7.5 in speaking is also not that difficult but writing is hit or miss every time.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
GT reading is so easy, you should practice and give it again. Getting 7.5 in speaking is also not that difficult but writing is hit or miss every time.
I agree. I got a bad mark on Reading twice, I could not understand why :) text was super easy and I had no problems to understand it, possibly I was rushing too fast through the questions :) and miss the concept. The question is if it is worth to fight for those 5 points?