+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Seems you are not getting my point. This person you are referring to (a he by the way as Carmen is not the person in question) got the PPR request around mid-JULY (and already posted it then on facebook) and not today.
I understand what you are saying. However if the border would not be reopening they would not start issuing any PPRs to any outlanders. It is fair to make an assumption that something slowly has started happening.

By the way I think it is a married couple as I have seen a guy posting the same info on of the Facebook pages ;) If I made a mistake, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: janaor2021

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
But aren't the borders open already for approved COPRs? I just can't see how the general border reopening planned in September will affect application finalization when they can already finalize the applications. Cause starting June 21, 2021 everyone with a valid COPR can enter, right?
Is there any info on how and why the general border reopening in September will affect FSW applications?
Border is open for people with existing valid COPRs only. However they are not issuing new COPRs in mass until border restrictions are lifted. You can read the internal memos and documents recently released. It’s all explained there

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Border is open for people with existing valid COPRs only. However they are not issuing new COPRs in mass until border restrictions are lifted. You can read the internal memos and documents recently released. It’s all explained there
I think if they did not meant to open the borders they would not issue a single COPR for outlander :D

D

Deleted member 1050918

I'm betting border opening was planned at least a month ahead. You can't just call the press and say you're opening or closing borders. You need to talk to airlines and many other businesses and get an alignment. This is another reason why it's just too late to delay the Sept 7 opening. Businesses readjusted for that date.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
It was planned but if the Covid epidemiological situation escalated beyond control they could adjust the date accordingly.

Reactions: dxdroid

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

No the PPR/COPR isn’t mine, I was too excited to share and forgot to add a disclaimer.

Anyway, y’all were derailing and I wanted us to focus on why we are here and not get sucked into political drama that’s heartbreaking so we don’t say hurtful or insensitive words.

Anyway, fingers crossed for tomorrow’s draw.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
I think if they did not meant to open the borders they would not issue a single COPR for outlander :D
While I do hope for the PPR rain soon enough, wouldn’t completely agree on the point that COPRs wouldn’t be issued for Outlanders if borders were not open. This happened last year as after March 2020, few COPRs kept being issued till Dec 2020 for Outlanders despite no change in border restrictions.

As mentioned by some others, I believe this was stopped as people kept traveling despite border restrictions.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
It was planned but if the Covid epidemiological situation escalated beyond control they could adjust the date accordingly.
I think it will be exactly as in UK - we are going to see raise in the cases and it is unavoidable at this stage. Everything is wild open so if you are not vaccinated you are at high risk to get sick. The worst thing is that these people are creating unnecessary stress on hospitals etc. and non of the arguments are reaching them.

I'm betting border opening was planned at least a month ahead. You can't just call the press and say you're opening or closing borders. You need to talk to airlines and many other businesses and get an alignment. This is another reason why it's just too late to delay the Sept 7 opening. Businesses readjusted for that date.
@ImpatientKangaroo is also right. at this stage they cannot just say - actually we have change our mind and we will not open the borders now. - there were too many things involved to open up the border. If they would post pone that day again they would probably loose the elections

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Honestly certain provinces are reporting higher cases than others. But the death rate still remains lower than previous waves and I believe most cases, hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated. And that’s why things like vaccine passports are being discussed in many places.

Reactions: Tristan-XI

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
While I do hope for the PPR rain soon enough, wouldn’t completely agree on the point that COPRs wouldn’t be issued for Outlanders if borders were not open. This happened last year as after March 2020, few COPRs kept being issued till Dec 2020 for Outlanders despite no change in border restrictions.

As mentioned by some others, I believe this was stopped as people kept traveling despite border restrictions.
Correct me if I am wrong but I do not think there were any COPR issued to anyone after January 2021 till just recently.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Honestly certain provinces are reporting higher cases than others. But the death rate still remains lower than previous waves and I believe most cases, hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated. And that’s why things like vaccine passports are being discussed in many places.
Exactly, most of the cases are among unvaccinated. There are some cases with vaccinated people but that is totally different, they have underlaying health conditions etc. Personally, I don't think that any of the provinces in Canada will go into the lockdown mode again.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Correct me if I am wrong but I do not think there was any COPR issued to anyone after January 2021 till just recently.
Yes I don’t think I have heard of many Outland COPRs this year. Had just read of very very few on immitracker. But yes definitely way less than last year.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Exactly, most of the cases are among unvaccinated. There are some cases with vaccinated people but that is totally different, they have underlaying health conditions etc. Personally, I don't think that any of the provinces in Canada will go into the lockdown mode again.
Yes I think it maybe specific localized restrictions but not lockdowns like before.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I don’t see Covid situation getting bad in Canada in the foreseeable weeks due to their high vaccination numbers. Yes, cases will keep fluctuating but I’m sure people are now smart enough to judge the epidemiological situation based on hospitalization and deaths instead of cases and thankfully both have been fairly stable despite the rising cases of delta variant

Reactions: Tristan-XI