+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
This guy is from the Ask Kubeir group and he posted this there already, earlier in July. Not sure it should get our hopes up for any “rain” .

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/post-9579249
Yeah that’s what I was wondering this one and the other COPR mentioned in the threads here both got PPRs in July 2021 which was before border restrictions were lifted for fully vaccinated travelers from US.

While I do hope that the PPR rain will come after 7th Sept, I guess we just need to wait and watch. As @Jaycejay just reminded us that today is the last date of the survey. Hopefully that has some link to issuing PPRs for Outlanders. :)Fingers crossed.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Yes, but pre March 2020 AOR. They probably already had their processing done and just had to get their call. For post March 2020, Security hadn't been started for most FSWs. I don't want to get my hopes up yet for a rain unless I see a drizzle. Right now, I can just see clouds :)
According to Legal falcon; many 2019/2020 files are ‘all-stages passed’ or very close to being finalized and just waiting for final approval which would be dictated by border reopening. Personally, I’m just happy so see movements regardless of the time stamp; but ofcourse also looking forward to when all of those waiting would get theirs and FSW draws resume

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
According to Legal falcon; many 2019/2020 files are ‘all-stages passed’ or very close to being finalized and just waiting for final approval which would be dictated by border reopening. Personally, I’m just happy so see movements regardless of the time stamp; but ofcourse also looking forward to when all of those waiting would get theirs and FSW draws resume
It will rain fsw draws and it will most definitely pour

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Lol..I admire your optimism. All I was saying is that the guy got his PPR in July and already posted about it. Therefore I would not interpret this particular case as a sign of an incoming trend at this time because there has been a dry run ever since for outlanders.

How many PPR requests have we seen in August? Except for the few US applicants also getting through which has always happened anyway. Just being cautiously optimistic.
Well today one person here got a PPR from Dubai ;) and he is Indian citizen ;) so something is happening ;)

janaor2021

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2021
Seems you are not getting my point. This person you are referring to (a he by the way as Carmen is not the person in question) got the PPR request around mid-JULY (and already posted it then on facebook) and not today.
I understand and agree that it is a month old PPR request, and I am not getting my hopes up high. But, I can be happy for the family who has got approved and got their PR on 16th August 2021 as I don't have a social media presence and this was news to me. :)

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario set to introduce vaccination policies in education, health-care settings

Ontario plans to introduce a set of policies requiring employers in education and several health-care settings to develop strict COVID-19 vaccination policies for their staff.

A senior government source with knowledge of the decision tells The Canadian Press cabinet approved the plans Monday night, with an announcement from the province’s top doctor expected on Tuesday.

The source says Dr. Kieran Moore’s directive covering hospitals, ambulance services and community and home-care service providers won’t make vaccination mandatory, but those who decline the shots will be regularly tested for the virus.

The policy will be similar to one that is already in place in the province’s long-term care homes.

Staff at health-care facilities will need to provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 or a medical reason for not being vaccinated.

People who don’t take the shots will need to complete an education session about COVID-19 vaccination and will be routinely tested for the virus before coming to work.

The health-care sector directive will take effect on September 7th.

The source says the Ministry of Education also intends to introduce a similar COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees at all publicly funded school boards and licensed child care settings.

Staff in those sectors who don’t get vaccinated against COVID-19 will have to regularly take rapid COVID-19 tests.

There are also plans for vaccination policies to be introduced in other high-risk settings like post-secondary institutions, retirement homes, congregate group homes, children’s treatment centres, women’s shelters and institutional foster homes.

47thRonnin

Aug 15, 2020
I understand and agree that it is a month old PPR request, and I am not getting my hopes up high. But, I can be happy for the family who has got approved and got their PR on 16th August 2021 as I don't have a social media presence and this was news to me. :)
Of course, I completely agree. Movement for one of us is hope for movement for all of us. I am just saying, be cautiously optimistic of interpreting as a sign of trend, something which is still somewhat of an outlier at this time.

Reactions: janaor2021

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
A couple of good news already. While I am pleased, I'll only be elated when I find a post March 2020 AOR from outside the US getting that PPR. And that's when the ones waiting for ITA should get their hopes up. Fingers crossed for us.
This is what I keep repeating. COR India and Post March 2020 AOR Biometrics post Feb 2021 is the one I am looking for.

Reactions: axmac

LegalSoul

Aug 3, 2020
...or very close to being finalized and just waiting for final approval which would be dictated by border reopening.
But aren't the borders open already for approved COPRs? I just can't see how the general border reopening planned in September will affect application finalization when they can already finalize the applications. Cause starting June 21, 2021 everyone with a valid COPR can enter, right?
Is there any info on how and why the general border reopening in September will affect FSW applications?

Seeker2020

Jul 11, 2020
But aren't the borders open already for approved COPRs? I just can't see how the general border reopening planned in September will affect application finalization when they can already finalize the applications. Cause starting June 21, 2021 everyone with a valid COPR can enter, right?
Is there any info on how and why the general border reopening in September will affect FSW applications?
Not quite. Borders are opened for already issued COPRs.

Reactions: Tristan-XI

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Based on legal falcon’s feedback, the 21st June date was for existing COPR holders. New COPRs will be issued only after border reopening.

Reactions: Tristan-XI

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Some VO's are responding to webforms saying they are not allowed to issue COPR because of travel ban but COPR holders are exempt, height of stupidity.

janaor2021

Star Member
Mar 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2021
Some VO's are responding to webforms saying they are not allowed to issue COPR because of travel ban but COPR holders are exempt, height of stupidity.
Logically, I think VO's are erring on the side of caution in not issuing COPRs as they are uncertain what the Public Health Authority of Canada and the administration will decide with regards to the September opening. This is just a personal opinion and I may very well be wrong.

Reactions: immicow