Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Are Canadian parties polar opposite in policies like the US or are they more or less similar like Australia?
They are more similar as far as immigration goes. NDP and Liberals have a lot of overlap in their immigration policies. Conservatives are most conservative in terms of immigration.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
To be honest, those who are rooting for FSW pathway to open and are frustrated with "Old Grandpas" getting PR via CEC, should pray for a conservative win. Simply because conservatives tend to be more leaning towards more economically more viable cadidates : ie Young and highly skilled ones.

Anyhoo, whatever ways things go, do not see any changes before January.

True-Dough calling for a snap election means he is more confident that liberals will win. Its a gamble but it may just work. Conservatives are having a leader with very few takes. Jug-MEET (yeah thats how he writes his name on twitter) seems to be popular among immigrants but limited popularity among natives.

absolutely not. there is a word called accountability in the name of shame. Liberals' decisions are the main reason we were denied to get PPR and waiting for 2 years so even if it is late they ll have to and must let us enter. On the other hand, a Conservative win will mean they won't take our responsibility and even they won't care to wipe us to start something new to look better to the Canadians. So, Conservative win certainly now will mean our doomsday so although no matter how much we hate it we must pray for Liberals to win it this time.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
absolutely not. there is a word called accountability in the name of shame. Liberals' decisions are the main reason we were denied to get PPR and waiting for 2 years so even if it is late they ll have to and must let us enter. On the other hand, a Conservative win will mean they won't take our responsibility and even they won't care to wipe us to start something new to look better to the Canadians. So, Conservative win certainly now will mean our doomsday so although no matter how much we hate it we must pray for Liberals to win it this time.
We are speculating again. Looking at the pools etc. it looks like that Liberals have a good chance to win majority but you never know what will happen. Both conservatives and liberals are pro-immigrant so I would not worry to much about that for now. Main question for now is if they will open border for international travel as they have said it they will?

Haku13

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Liberals will win the election for sure. They are just trying to win the majority. Even without that, they’ll still increase their seats. It’s not a risky game for them at all as they’ll still have more seats than the other parties.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
ELECTION DEBATE:
The Debate Broadcast Group will be holding two official leaders’ debates, both taking place at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Quebec.
The French-language debate will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 8, and the English debate will be held on Thursday, Sept. 9.

Very unlikely that they would extend border-reopening a day to election debate

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
ELECTION DEBATE:
The Debate Broadcast Group will be holding two official leaders’ debates, both taking place at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, Quebec.
The French-language debate will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 8, and the English debate will be held on Thursday, Sept. 9.

Very unlikely that they would extend border-reopening a day to election debate
Hmmm it looks like that everything will happen very quickly :) in theory one debate only and voting on 20th of Sep haha :D certainly they are not wasting time

Reactions: Tristan-XI

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
So i guess then that Sep 7th is a confirmed date for openning borders. I dont think they will risk postponing it just before the elections and piss off millions of canadians.
It will be very interesting to see what will happen this week on Wednesday and Thursday :D I am not saying that FSW will happen this week but it will be interesting to see...

Reactions: LayinLow

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
So i guess then that Sep 7th is a confirmed date for openning borders. I dont think they will risk postponing it just before the elections and piss off millions of canadians.
Extending border closure would be a blunder move for the liberals. Will give the public the impression that they aren’t confident with all the efforts they’ve made so far with vaccination and controlling the pandemic. It would backfire. Pretty sure they are smart enough to know what to do

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Extending border closure would be a blunder move for the liberals. Will give the public the impression that they aren’t confident with all the efforts they’ve made so far with vaccination and controlling the pandemic. It would backfire. Pretty sure they are smart enough to know what to do
Hopefully you are right about that :D

Tabraez

May 26, 2021
Hi guys!

I have a question and hope you'll answer. I was wondering if I were to go to Canada on a student visa by December (while my profile is already in the pool waiting for an ITA) and during the studies if I were to receive PR would I still have to pay international student fees?

Thank you.

microbu88

Aug 12, 2021
hello all! I'm relatively new to this forum. Do you guys know if IRCC has started issuing COPRs/PPRs to people that haven't received one before March 2020? Or do you know when they'll start issuing COPRs to people outside Canada? Thanks

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
hello all! I'm relatively new to this forum. Do you guys know if IRCC has started issuing COPRs/PPRs to people that haven't received one before March 2020? Or do you know when they'll start issuing COPRs to people outside Canada? Thanks
Read the thread a little bit back and you will get your answer. Things are moving slowly, some people started to receive their PPRs, we have to wait till September, early October and we should see "the rain of PPRs"