+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
If you are not in Canada, I would absolutely take it. We do not know when FSW may return.

Congrats!
But the process is longer no? What are the implications?

I really thought there will be a draw in early September but with the last figures I'm not so sure anymore...

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
But the process is longer no? What are the implications?

I really thought there will be a draw in early September but with the last figures I'm not so sure anymore...
The process is longer for sure. But there is basically no downside to accepting it. Last summer, I received on Ontario expression of interest which I accepted and then applied to receive the provincial nomination. But before that application was processed, I received an ITA in a general draw via FSW. My lawyer said that if I accepted the FSW ITA my OINP application would be automatically canceled. I did email them as a courtesy however.

Basically, if you are not in Canada, I highly recommend that you accept it. If an FSW draw does happen soon (which I would not expect due to the election rumors) you can always take the ITA from that.

That said, if you are currently in Canada working, I would think about waiting to be CEC eligible.

Btw, how is your CRS score so high?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Indeed there are. Actually, I am having second thoughts about Canada too. House prices are really atrocious here.
I agree with you, housing market is absolutely atrocious in Canada for a couple of years now. A friend had to shell out 1 million dollars for a very ordinary 2-bedroom house and that is absolutely ridiculous. For the same amount I can buy a frigging mansion in Florida or Texas. I only wish US makes some smart changes to its immigration especially green card allotment.

Reactions: guelphite

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
The process is longer for sure. But there is basically no downside to accepting it. Last summer, I received on Ontario expression of interest which I accepted and then applied to receive the provincial nomination. But before that application was processed, I received an ITA in a general draw via FSW. My lawyer said that if I accepted the FSW ITA my OINP application would be automatically canceled. I did email them as a courtesy however.

Basically, if you are not in Canada, I highly recommend that you accept it. If an FSW draw does happen soon (which I would not expect due to the election rumors) you can always take the ITA from that.

That said, if you are currently in Canada working, I would think about waiting to be CEC eligible.

Btw, how is your CRS score so high?
OK ok thanks everyone for your quick answers! Then the "only" downside is the 500 bucks that this application costs... :)

For my crs I speak French, did not so bad to my IELTS and just get my three years of work experience

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
It'll be interesting to see what comes next as 2021 CEC applications seem to have been processed in parallel or so I think. Wondering whether this aligns to someone mentioning here that the number of CEC COPRs have gone down in the last few days as there were all program draws in Dec 2020.
The 27k people :D Or they switch to TR to PR

Reactions: Road.to.canada20

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
OK ok thanks everyone for your quick answers! Then the "only" downside is the 500 bucks that this application costs... :)

For my crs I speak French, did not so bad to my IELTS and just get my three years of work experience
Take it, fsw draws won't happen till 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: Lulu69

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
The 27k people :D Or they switch to TR to PR
Not sure same staff assigned to TR to PR pathways would be same handling express entry applications
Also many people who got invited in that February 13 draw have started getting PPRs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1050918

Take it, fsw draws won't happen till 2023.
2043 you mean. Also everytime there's an election they'll add another 10 years to that because Canadians read these forums and if there's any FSW draws (which totally didn't happen before especially when there's an election) any time they don't vote.

FSW draws cannot happen when;

There's an election
There's not an election
The year begins with a 2
Tuesday comes after Monday
There's backlog
There's no backlog
Housing prices go up
Housing prices go down

I mean it's well known Canada has never accepted immigrants. Give them time, in 100 years they'll get comfortable with the idea of immigrants.

An example citizen:

Person A: yo dude what up
Person B: nm dude just about to vote
Person A: who you voting for dude
Person B: Trudeau
Person A: dude canadavisa forum says there'll be FSW draws soon
Person B: no way dude then I'm not voting for Trudeau
Person A: yea right dude I mean we don't want housing prices to explode all of a sudden because we all know every FSW draw adds 100k to house prices
Person B: yea dude

Last edited by a moderator:

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
2043 you mean. Also everytime there's an election they'll add another 10 years to that because Canadians read these forums and if there's any FSW draws (which totally didn't happen before especially when there's an election) any time they don't vote.

There's an election
There's not an election
The year begins with a 2
There's backlog
There's no backlog
Housing prices go up
Housing prices go down

I mean it's well-known Canada has never accepted immigrants. Give them time, in 100 years they'll get comfortable with the idea of immigrants.
lol you troll

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Not sure same staff assigned to TR to PR pathways would be same handling express entry applications
Also many people who got invited in that February 13 draw have started getting PPRs
I know lol, was just being sarcastic. Come to think of it, they might redistribute the workload. Officers handling visitor/tourist visas were supposed to handle the TR to PR applications but now that tourism has started again, they just might do the impossible again.

Reactions: Jaycejay

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018

There's an election
There's not an election
The year begins with a 2
There's backlog
There's no backlog
Housing prices go up
Housing prices go down

I mean it's well-known Canada has never accepted immigrants. Give them time, in 100 years they'll get comfortable with the idea of immigrants.

An example citizen:

Person A: yo dude what up
Person B: nm dude just about to vote
Person A: who you voting for dude
Person B: Trudeau
Person A: dude canadavisa forum says there'll be FSW draws soon
Person B: no way dude then I'm not voting for Trudeau
Person A: yea right dude I mean we don't want housing prices to explode all of a sudden because we all know every FSW draw adds 100k to house prices
Person B: yea dude
The draws should resume after I get citizenship next yr. Don't want to take any resources away from processing my citizenship.

• Haha
Reactions: Lulu69
D

Deleted member 1050918

The draws should resume after I get citizenship next yr. Don't want to take any resources away from processing my citizenship.
Haven't they told you? Trudeau will be working on your citizenship file dude no worries you won't have any issues with resources. Your file will be signed by pR1m3 m1n1s73R jü571N 7rUd34ü