+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hoping we see some action next week. US residents were exempt, but only a fraction of them got PPR. If it’s true that they will release PPR in batches, then we should see quite a bit of US PPRs at once, and that would give us an idea on what to expect September.
Actually US residents will be exempt from August 9th, they are not exempt now.

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
So on a topic slightly deviating from the FSWs and PPRs, My brother who already is on CAD PR received his test invitation for the citizenship last night. They have figured out entire process for people who are PR but outside Canada currently.
I am mentioning this only to point out a sudden increase in activity from IRCC and related officials.
First the survey came up, then they are prepared for processing citizenships, and the constant updates/ memos....
Any views guys.... ???

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
So on a topic slightly deviating from the FSWs and PPRs, My brother who already is on CAD PR received his test invitation for the citizenship last night. They have figured out entire process for people who are PR but outside Canada currently.
I am mentioning this only to point out a sudden increase in activity from IRCC and related officials.
First the survey came up, then they are prepared for processing citizenships, and the constant updates/ memos....
Any views guys.... ???
I just don’t want to expect anything at this point buddy! Have been lead down by all the so called *positive signs* of any news related to outland immigrants that i just feel numb now!
Lets roll with the situation as is

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Any views guys.... ???
They were awful in all fronts during the pandemic. They are getting hate(with good reason) for basically all their activities. There are news about stalled citizenship, delays in issuing PR card and stuff. So makes sense that they have to deal with everything at once.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
This is true, IRCC website says US residents are not allowed to travel if you check now. But what's interesting is how is IRCC going to handle US applications? I am guessing most US applications are from 2020 and most documents are expired or about to be expired. It would be great if they give blanket extensions for all US applicants and start issuing COPRs.

Reactions: Jaycejay

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Any views guys.... ???
You see, during pandemic, asset prices in Canada went through roof in a very counterintuitive fashion. Real estate especially. Now that pandemic (I beg thee heavens!) is sort of kind of looking like coming under control, it is feared that same trend may correct itself OR the real estate may start slumping and finally come down. This annoys a lot of people. Especially old white folks who vote. So what do Canadian govt do? They bring in more immigrants to atleast look like they are doing something and support higher rents atleast (because rents pay mortgages). Hence, all the uptick in activity.

Reactions: Ranger91

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Not really. US residents w/ PPR (COPR) were exempt from the get go. It's just that they refuse to issue them to most in the first place. Also they will have to land permanently = no flagpoling

Reactions: Alysson

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
You see, during pandemic, asset prices in Canada went through roof in a very counterintuitive fashion. Real estate especially. Now that pandemic (I beg thee heavens!) is sort of kind of looking like coming under control, it is feared that same trend may correct itself OR the real estate may start slumping and finally come down. This annoys a lot of people. Especially old white folks who vote. So what do Canadian govt do? They bring in more immigrants to atleast look like they are doing something and support higher rents atleast (because rents pay mortgages). Hence, all the uptick in activity.
Lol. What an hypothesis :D

Reactions: shanusharma01

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Not really. US residents w/ PPR (COPR) were exempt from the get go. It's just that they refuse to issue them to most in the first place. Also they will have to land permanently = no flagpoling
Yes this is true, but as you said, they issued essentially no CoPR for US residents. And now everyone with a valid CoPR is exempt. So as a matter of fact being US resident does not change anything, except between August 9th and September 7th.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I am posting this question as this is an active profile.
I know finding a job before landing is next to impossible during pre-covid times. But what about now? Are companies entertaining out of canada applicants. Can we explain to them that we have application in process and plan to land soon?
I am talking in specific about IT jobs. I know about VanHack, Mobsquad but what if I applying directly on linkedin to companies keeping my location as Toronto? I can explain my situation to them later.

Kochi_karan

May 10, 2019
I am posting this question as this is an active profile.
I know finding a job before landing is next to impossible during pre-covid times. But what about now? Are companies entertaining out of canada applicants. Can we explain to them that we have application in process and plan to land soon?
I am talking in specific about IT jobs. I know about VanHack, Mobsquad but what if I applying directly on linkedin to companies keeping my location as Toronto? I can explain my situation to them later.
Actually some people are getting such jobs. Even before landing they are securing jobs and working from home country initially. But these are high demand jobs where they are not able to find talent locally.