+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Thu
This is just unfair, unjust and vexing. Why should people who have been on the queue the longest have to wait the longest to get PPR? What type of strategy is this?
I said this on here a couple of days ago; I saw it coming. Your documents have to be valid as and when they're ready to finalise your application. It's not that they don't want to finalize these old people first, the problem is the wait time between requesting for additional documents and the applicants getting them done. They will send those requests first for sure, but while waiting for you to send the documents in, they will continue to finalise other applications.

One thing anyone can do right now is to be proactive; get those documents to them before they request for it - if you can. You can get "em PCCs and medicals done if it's going to have less than 3months validity by September. Upload via webform for them to attach it to your files so that the officers can make a straightforward decisions on your applications.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
The stalling of this category of applications indeed appears deliberate; we just don't know the exact reason behind it; could be political, epidermiological, travel restrictions-related, or maybe they dont even have any conceived plans lol, only God knows
Travel restrictions-related actually, judging from the documents that surfaced online in the past few days. My understanding is that we're seen like tourists until we actually receive the COPR and touchdown Canada. We will know if that's true or nay from Sept 7th. It's not so faraway.

Reactions: Jaycejay and Lulu69

Lulu69

Jul 14, 2020
I said this on here a couple of days ago; I saw it coming. Your documents have to be valid as and when they're ready to finalise your application. It's not that they don't want to finalize these old people first, the problem is the wait time between requesting for additional documents and the applicants getting them done. They will send those requests first for sure, but while waiting for you to send the documents in, they will continue to finalise other applications.

One thing anyone can do right now is to be proactive; get those documents to them before they request for it - if you can. You can get "em PCCs and medicals done if it's going to have less than 3months validity by September. Upload via webform for them to attach it to your files so that the officers can make a straightforward decisions on your applications.
Thanks bro. However I thought ircc wants us to wait for further instructions before we go ahead to renew our documents?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I don't entirely agree with you, I have seen houses to rent on Craigslist and various other sites (in Markham and Scarborough), for $1600 you can easily find a basement 1bhk apartment and even if we are asked to pay 6 months rent in advance it would be around $12000 (with utilities and other stuff) and that should not be a problem for most applicants. I believe 6 months time is than enough to secure some sort of providing job and most FSW-O applicants would have good amount of savings and probably would only move after securing a job (jobs in IT sector are plenty now). It entirely depends on how much money they got saved and how quickly they can find a job.
True, if you've got enough to live for 6months, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Thanks bro. However I thought ircc wants us to wait for further instructions before we go ahead to renew our documents?
Personally, I'd wait. Just saying. My medicals would expire on 4th November. If the September thing is anything to go by, I'll have to wait for either reassessment of my medicals or get a re-medical request. Any which one that comes when they're ready to finalise my application, I shall take.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Wow... You must be typing all this while searching for a condo, I presume?
Even Condominiums aren't so expensive if you're looking at the right locations. Personally, as new immigrants, we don't want to start in a city that will zap all our savings unless we were able to land a job before we touchdown.

Reactions: joconstantine

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Good day guys. Please I need help

would raising a webform for enquires on the status of my application affect my application or cause more delays?

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
2021 applicants with 6 months of documents validity will be the 1st to receive PPR's as per these memos.
Can someone kindly screenshot these memos c
Good day guys. Please I need help

would raising a webform for enquires on the status of my application affect my application or cause more delays?
Been wondering the same too although I cant imagine why and how it would. As the agent who responds to your webform probably isnt the one who is reviewing your application....arent they more like client service support agents. Thats what I think.
Iv been tempted for a while to raise it but Iv read a few posts in the past that youre likely to get a very generic response like "we are processing your application we will send you a message as soon as a final decision has been made" but ofcoarse one would already know that by signing into their profile lol. Also not prepared to get G notes at this stage in the game haha

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Travel restrictions-related actually, judging from the documents that surfaced online in the past few days. My understanding is that we're seen like tourists until we actually receive the COPR and touchdown Canada. We will know if that's true or nay from Sept 7th. It's not so faraway.
This makes sense. I hope the border re-opening goes as planned as this seems the ultimate hurdle to cross before we begin to observe positive changes