+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
I saw that tweet. The point is backlogs are real and only god knows what steps IRCC is gonna take to clear those.
If backlogs were really an issue then they wouldn’t have been handing out 10000+ ITAs per month like they are doing since march.If processing a load of applications puts a strain on VOs then why hand out invitations like movie tickets as if its a nolans movie premiere night

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Crossed 300 days since AOR. Never thought it would take this long. Would prefer to land next year than in peak winter.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Crossed 300 days since AOR. Never thought it would take this long. Would prefer to land next year than in peak winter.
If had an AOR I would've wanted to land as soon as possible even in winter because I'd be afraid to hear the borders getting closed again because some cheeseburger variant is so contagious blah blah. Covid is a flu now thanks to the vaccines but we never know.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
If had an AOR I would've wanted to land as soon as possible even in winter because I'd be afraid to hear the borders getting closed again because some cheeseburger variant is so contagious blah blah. Covid is a flu now thanks to the vaccines but we never know.
True.. I don’t hav it in me too to go through another lockdown n wait for things to open back up again hoping to get an update.

Reactions: shanusharma01

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
On a lighter note I have a feeling they are going to use dessert names for this stupid virus like the ones they had in android version,just imagine ice cream sandwich variant or better yet kit-kat variant lol !! I guess then people wouldn’t take covid seriously

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I think we shud also start a thread for those who really feeling down n hopeless in that moment. Where people can share how restless they r feeling and others can give em some hope n strength to keep going on. Fortunately the past few days hav been really going good for me with spirits high coz August has started, but trust me when i say there r those days wen i lose patience n get restless n don’t know what to do. Maybe we can help each other go thru those feelings by sharing positive happening n updates even if so little.

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
I think we shud also start a thread for those who really feeling down n hopeless in that moment. Where people can share how restless they r feeling and others can give em some hope n strength to keep going on. Fortunately the past few days hav been really going good for me with spirits high coz August has started, but trust me when i say there r those days wen i lose patience n get restless n don’t know what to do. Maybe we can help each other go thru those feelings by sharing positive happening n updates even if so little.
I feel you buddy! There are days when i look forward to the good news especially Wednesdays *wink wink* but then somedays i feel like a hopeless loser waiting for good things to happen but its hard you know when u have imagined yourself leaving your home country and looking forward to a good life in a foreign land,all these days it feels like why me but then this forum gives hope to connect with people in the same situation!
God bless us!
#wearetogetherinthis

Last edited:

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Different officers for different programs so one backlog doesn't necessarily affect the others.

Meurrens posted this on Twitter yesterday: ''On April 14, 2020, the percent of staff on leave at Canada's major visa processing centers was: Mississauga - 81% Edmonton - 60% Sydney - 84% Ottawa - 78% I post this not to criticize prioritizing employee safety, but so people can understand part of why backlogs exist''.

It's safe to assume that this factor contributed majorly to these backlogs. Sydney and Ottawa are the two offices in Canada that process outland files, the others work on CEC/Inland files only. The sad truth is, we don't know if these officers have been asked to resume. Personally, I don't think they have resumed because if they honestly have, what are they doing at work that we are still experiencing this lag in delivery?

https://ibb.co/k53Wgcm
https://ibb.co/NnTNWVW
How long can these people be on vacation?
They do have to come back to work right?
They would have used all their vacation days by now.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Sorry, but not quite true. I know many (dozens) people who got skilled STEM jobs in Germany with only English. They learn German there. By the way, a good portion of those people didn't have German degrees, some of them found those jobs without setting foot in Germany.

The bare minimum amount of money and time Canada's education route takes till PR is about 50-100 thousand CAD and 3 years. There's a good number of EU countries who'd yield a PR for a similar amount of time and money.
I think those who got jobs from their home countries are either IT professionals, medical professionals or any sort of technical ones. Not easy for other skilled workers. And on top of that, i would say only 5% of the jobs are English speaking ones