imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Reactions: ita_drgen

MakiSenpaiii

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Are you physically in HK right now? Might have something to do with HK residents getting a pass because of China's bad behavior
I think I got that update is just because my previous medical result is expiring soon, I don't think it's related.
but the Canadian government did give some new immigration pathways to HongKongers though, because of what China did to HK

Last edited:

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
Stripping away HK's autonomy? Repressions of protesters? Election fraud? the list goes on, just google "china hong-kong protests"

There are faster pathways for HK residents now https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/hong-kong-residents-permanent-residence/eligibility.html

There isn't anything about FSW, but it might be connected
“Repressions of protesters? Election fraud? the list goes on”
It sounds so America to me somehow

3L1C

Jul 26, 2021
I think I got that update is just because my previous medical result is expiring soon, I don't think it's related.
but the Canadian government did give some new immigration pathways to HongKongers though, because of what China did to HK
Congrats on the progress of your file. Glad to see other Hongkonger here.:D

I'm waiting for FSW to resume. I wish i had already created my profile last year.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
When did you complete your biometrics?
I am waiting since March 2020. My biometrics was done only this year on Feb 2021.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/07/india-flights-to-canada-when-will-they-be-allowed-0718722.html#gs.7mb3sr

There may also be political pressure

It appears likely that prime minister Justin Trudeau will call a new federal election in the coming months as he seeks to obtain a majority government.

The stakes for the India flight ban may be higher than usual going into the election given the significant influence of Indian-Canadians, who tend to live in the country’s most vote-rich cities. Courting their votes will be key to Trudeau’s electoral ambitions, and he may feel it is worthwhile lifting flight restrictions on India to further encourage them to vote for him.

Reactions: Tristan-XI
D

Deleted member 1050918

In most countries until now, governments went for closing things down in order to give the "we are a strong government protecting our people" message to increase their votes. However I think now we see that this is not the case anymore, because there are vaccines now and we saw that they work. People accepted being locked up inside in 2020 and 2021 in the absence of vaccines, but after vaccines, if you tell them to stay home, that means that's a never ending quarantine. So lock downs won't bring votes in the remainder of 2021 and onward. Covid cases or deaths will never be zero, but the world must go back to normal. Deaths are now under control.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Yes, i saw it posted in a FB group

Could this be the reason why many files are paused at the final stages? Is it likely we see massive issuance of PPRs in August/September?
I would guess so. Maybe not August but IRCC will definitely have to quickly issue CoPRs and PPRs to FSWs in/after September to meet 2021 targets. I wrote about this a few posts back, the CEC&PNP and the CEC-first strategies won't work after September. The thing I worded "near-the-end", they worded "close-to-final". So yeah, it seems Q4 will be good for outlands.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Waited 9 months for FSW application, finally got an email update.....................they are telling me to renew my medical examination result, LOL
applicant from hk too, is your med exam result expired? my AOR is Dec 2020 and my medical will expire in October 2021. wondering if I should get another upfront medical.. not optimistic about getting my PR before med expires so i've decided to move to Canada on a work permit first.

Do you happen to know which visa office is handling your case? I have had no updates since HKPCC request back in January.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
There is a lot of politics now around immigration. On one hand they are saying that there is a strong public backup for immigration however they are still stopping one of their biggest immigration programs which is Express Entry FSW.

There is something into it. After they have said it that they will process TR&PR path till end of December 2022, does this put a lot more pressure on IRRC to process new FSW application and the backlog of FSW? Are they actually processed in Canada or in a country of residence of a particular applicant?

D

Deleted member 1050918

There is a lot of politics now around immigration. On one hand they are saying that there is a strong public backup for immigration however they are still stopping one of their biggest immigration programs which is Express Entry FSW.

There is something into it. After they have said it that they will process TR&PR path till end of December 2022, does this put a lot more pressure on IRRC to process new FSW application and the backlog of FSW? Are they actually processed in Canada or in a country of residence of a particular applicant?
I disagree, there's really no politics on immigration. It's evident from the recent official word about the public support for immigration. As I explained a few posts back, inviting and processing outland FSWs had been a risk for IRCC because those apps don't get finalized before 8-9 months at the earliest. Imagine inviting FSWs from Jan to June 2021. This would mean, at best, IRCC would have finalized the apps from Jan to March before 2021 had ended and miss 2021 target by a large margin. See I'm not even talking about CoPR and travel restrictions because it was never really relevant. So what IRCC did was invite and prioritize CEC because they had the ability to finalize those apps within 6 months so almost "all" CEC ITAs turned into 2021 PRs which helped this year's target.

But now it's different close to the end of the year. CEC won't be fast enough after September, most CEC apps cannot be finalized in less than 3 months so IRCCs only option (especially when there's exemptions for CoPRs now) is to quickly finalize "near-the-end" FSW apps from 2020 and 2021, which are either all passed, or all passed except security, and let them come to Canada before the year ends. This is the only way they can meet 2021 target. Also, FSW will have to continue after September because why invite low CRS CECs if you know you can't finalize their apps before 2021 ends? IRCC will go back to FSW soon to prepare for 2022 target while maintaining a high CRS cutoff.