+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

They also were well short of meeting last year’s target; so they’ll definitely not only look towards meeting this year’s quota but also exceed it by a margin.

It seems IRCC kept FSW on hold as an insurance/backup plan to meet the yearly target. This is understandable but what’s not cool is keeping these people in the dark with absolutely no information
Indeed, FSW ITAs from 2020 and 2021 were just a backup plan. And yes, it was very unprofessional and kind of cruel to put those people into void for such a long time. Hence the recent official word stating IRCC's plan to be more "responsive" in the future. That was sort of an apology if you ask me.

About the gap remaining from last year's target; I'm not sure if they can just carry it over into 2021 to extend the quota, and I'm not sure if it would make things any better because IRCC still has the risk of not meeting 2021 targets alone, let alone the gap that may be added from 2020. I think they'll revise the immigration levels of 2023 and add all gaps into that quota. It'll be the best year for immigration, increased quotas, little to no covid, good economy.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Indeed, FSW ITAs from 2020 and 2021 were just a backup plan. And yes, it was very unprofessional and kind of cruel to put those people into void for such a long time. Hence the recent official word stating IRCC's plan to be more "responsive" in the future. That was sort of an apology if you ask me.

About the gap remaining from last year's target; I'm not sure if they can just carry it over into 2021 to extend the quota, and I'm not sure if it would make things any better because IRCC still has the risk of not meeting 2021 targets alone, let alone the gap that may be added from 2020. I think they'll revise the immigration levels of 2023 and add all gaps into that quota. It'll be the best year for immigration, increased quotas, little to no covid, good economy.
It makes a lot of sense now :) Lets see what will happen in the coming weeks. I am really hopping that at least we will see one FSW draw in August. If I am not wrong the same story happened last year. One FSW All Program Draw in July and one in August and then FSW All Program Draw all the way from September till end of the year.

Reactions: Jsb13 and aikodad

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW

Your analysis is sure logical and breeds optimism. I really hope things get better

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I think it will. As I said it earlier, in last year we had only one draw for FSW All Program in July and one in August. From September they were happening every two weeks.
Even in September and November they had 3 consecutive all program draws. Stuff of dreams

it’s even possible that IRCC has plans to conduct 1 open draw this August before resuming regular ones by September. Let’s see how it goes

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Even in November they had 3 consecutive all program draws. Stuff of dreams
This is why in my previous post I also mentioned to people to set right expectations for themselves so they will not be soo stressed out. It would be nice to see at least one draw in August however I waiting for September. What @ImpatientKangaroo has said is also right and it makes sense. It is just another few weeks :) fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 1050918

July and onwards last year IRCC sent out close to 50000 ITAs in all program draws. If we assume 80% of these were FSWs (non-CEC and non-PNP) then it's 40000 FSW ITAs. This percentage would be above 95% this year because CEC cutoffs are at 350, the vast majority of CECs in the pool would not get an ITA in all program draws this year. Looking at this, IRCC probably needs to issue about 40000 FSW ITAs in 2021. If they go back to 5000 all program draws every week, it can be achieved in 2 months so they can start around October and still make it. However, I believe they won't choke the officers like that this time since there's already backlog from everything like even TR to PR got delayed till next year. IRCC will probably stick to biweekly draws and assuming 5000 ITAs per draw, they need to start in the beginning of September at the latest to invite at least 40000 FSWs this year.

Long story short, I'm seeing August a weaker possibility for FSW draws but it'd be a nice surprise. However, September is very strong because otherwise 2022 targets may be at risk.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
July and onwards last year IRCC sent out close to 50000 ITAs in all program draws. If we assume 80% of these were FSWs (non-CEC and non-PNP) then it's 40000 FSW ITAs. This percentage would be above 95% this year because CEC cutoffs are at 350, the vast majority of CECs in the pool would not get an ITA in all program draws this year. Looking at this, IRCC probably needs to issue about 40000 FSW ITAs in 2021. If they go back to 5000 all program draws every week, it can be achieved in 2 months so they can start around October and still make it. However, I believe they won't choke the officers like that this time since there's already backlog from everything like even TR to PR got delayed till next year. IRCC will probably stick to biweekly draws and assuming 5000 ITAs per draw, they need to start in the beginning of September at the latest to invite at least 40000 FSWs this year.

Long story short, I'm seeing August a weaker possibility for FSW draws but it'd be a nice surprise. However, September is very strong because otherwise 2022 targets may be at risk.
Your posts are like a breath of fresh air to this forum. Very logical & based on facts.

Abhi24191

Jul 8, 2021
Your posts are like a breath of fresh air to this forum. Very logical & based on facts.

If that does happen, what do you think would be the estimated cutoffs for the 8 all- program draws that you mentioned, considering the fact that as of now we have 28,000 people having a score of more than 460 in the express entry pool ?

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
If that does happen, what do you think would be the estimated cutoffs for the 8 all- program draws that you mentioned, considering the fact that as of now we have 28,000 people having a score of more than 460 in the express entry pool ?
If truly IRCC actually has plans to invite 40,000 FSW this year with 5000 invites per draw, the cutoff will definitely start from 480+ and eventually end in the 460s in December. First 2 draws would be 480+, the cutoff will then hover within 470-479 for the majority of the draws before falling to 460s

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
If truly IRCC actually has plans to invite 40,000 FSW this year with 5000 invites per draw, the cutoff will definitely start from 480+ and eventually end in the 460s in December. First 2 draws would be 480+, the cutoff will then hover within 470-479 for the majority of the draws before falling to 460s
I have the same feeling.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Once the all program draws return, many people will shift their focus from study route to FSW, which will bring some new high-score candidates into the FSW pool. What happened last year was it started at 478 in July and ended at 468 in December with roughly the same number of ITAs sent. However this year most high-score CECs are already invited, and although there will be new high-scoring CECs joining into the pool between Sept and Dec of course, we can see the all program draw cutoffs hovering around 460 by December.

The first two draws will be discouring though, no need to estimate them, just look at the pool. So, assuming 5000 invites, probably first draw will be 484+ and the second draw will be (this is where a lot of new high-score people will join in I think) 480+ or 478+. But don't worry, the scores will come down fast as you can see from the numbers. And don't forget Canada's need for more immigrants in the years to come.

A note: The demographics of the FSW pool does not change fast. 481 is the magic number because many people can be younger than 30, obtain 3 years of experience, max out English, and get a foreign master's. Beyond 481 it takes special effort like learn French or get a Canadian degree. So the cutoffs above 481 (or 478) will break fast, in a draw or two.