+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If you read between the lines, the talk of controlling population through PR pathways for inland TRVs is the same kind of bs we saw in 2021(TR to PR). The interest in coming to Canada is dying. I see the new PR pathway as another scam forcing people to be inland when most don't want to be inland anymore.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Temporary migrants and their volume are the biggest issue. They are causing an enormous strain on the infrastructure of Canada. I would say a lot of structural issues with Canada are caused or have been exacerbated by temporary migrants. They should scale it back to 2015 numbers. The current cap is still too high. Deport the people who breach their visa rules by overstaying and only rely on permanent residents for the work.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
If you read between the lines, the talk of controlling population through PR pathways for inland TRVs is the same kind of bs we saw in 2021(TR to PR). The interest in coming to Canada is dying. I see the new PR pathway as another scam forcing people to be inland when most don't want to be inland anymore.
Or it could be that they don’t have the resources to deport the people who have not left or don’t plan on leaving after their permit runs out and blanket amnesty programs like those seen in the US will shatter whatever opinion the public had about Canada’s immigration system. They want to use more express entry draws to make them permanent so that it shows the public that they can control the flow of people. These guys ruined a very good system with their stupid ad hoc programs. 2.5 million people in the country on a temporary basis but economic quotas are only around 110,000 or 150,000, out of which, a certain percentage of people will be coming from outside the country. There’s absolutely no way they can make all of these people permanent residents in a few years or even a decade. Once these guys are out of status, what then? They are probably expecting that these people will leave once their status runs out. I’m expecting the next government to enforce deportation of overstayers.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Or it could be that they don’t have the resources to deport the people who have not left or don’t plan on leaving after their permit runs out and blanket amnesty programs like those seen in the US will shatter whatever opinion the public had about Canada’s immigration system. They want to use more express entry draws to make them permanent so that it shows the public that they can control the flow of people. These guys ruined a very good system with their stupid ad hoc programs. 2.5 million people in the country on a temporary basis but economic quotas are only around 110,000 or 150,000, out of which, a certain percentage of people will be coming from outside the country. There’s absolutely no way they can make all of these people permanent residents in a few years or even a decade. Once these guys are out of status, what then? They are probably expecting that these people will leave once their status runs out. I’m expecting the next government to enforce deportation of overstayers.
That's a really good take on out-of-status folks. I really hope you are right and that they aren't building programs to keep basement rents high.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
That's a really good take on out-of-status folks. I really hope you are right and that they aren't building programs to keep basement rents high.
How are they going to achieve this though? The previous fool Sean Fraser explicitly claimed that they can’t have an immigration system that only selects people from within the country because it would prevent talented people from entering the country. How are they going to divide the economic class quotas between those who are inside the country, PNP candidates and FSW candidates? It’s going to be a massive sh*tshow. It’s not based on reality. They will have to kick a lot of people out if they don’t go back. They know that they are on their way out so they are going to dump their crap immigration system on the conservatives to handle. The conservatives will spend the first years just cleaning up this mess.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
https://www.cicnews.com/2024/03/ircc-to-target-a-reduction-in-the-temporary-resident-population-over-the-next-three-years-0343589.html#gs.67pepz

“As part of our efforts for temporary residents to transition to permanent residency, we’ll have more domestic draws and ask provinces and territories taking part in the provincial nominee program to do the same with their allocations. This will re-align our efforts and create a pathway for those in the country to stay and contribute to the economy.”

Seems like CEC draws are prioritized..
Lucky, I got my ITAs last year.. it's getting harder and harder it seems..

Reactions: DesiPikachu

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
https://www.cicnews.com/2024/03/ircc-to-target-a-reduction-in-the-temporary-resident-population-over-the-next-three-years-0343589.html#gs.67pepz

“As part of our efforts for temporary residents to transition to permanent residency, we’ll have more domestic draws and ask provinces and territories taking part in the provincial nominee program to do the same with their allocations. This will re-align our efforts and create a pathway for those in the country to stay and contribute to the economy.”

Seems like CEC draws are prioritized..
Lucky, I got my ITAs last year.. it's getting harder and harder it seems..
How will they achieve this? Before covid, there was no such thing as CEC draws and how will they play around with the allocation while also ensuring that their category based draws are not affected? They said that their focus was going to be on the category based draws, primarily healthcare and construction and now they want to allocate draw numbers away from that for inviting people in Canada, while also inviting people from outside of Canada? These guys are beyond stupid. They have no idea what they are doing. Roflmao

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
How will they achieve this? Before covid, there was no such thing as CEC draws and how will they play around with the allocation while also ensuring that their category based draws are not affected? They said that their focus was going to be on the category based draws, primarily healthcare and construction and now they want to allocate draw numbers away from that for inviting people in Canada, while also inviting people from outside of Canada? These guys are beyond stupid. They have no idea what they are doing. Roflmao
Most probably they will reduce the general draw quota for CEC draws.. But I guess those who get picked on general draws are mostly CEC anyways.. It's unlikely for outland applicants to get 500+ CRS..

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
See the bigger picture... Elections are on the way. Promises made are having deadline POST election.
It has all the echos of affordable housing policies of 2021.

In the longer run, Canada has to get more warm bodies. They have no other option. They have too small of population for a too big of resources and landmass.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Those who are out of status, can not apply for PR inland. Secondly, Express Entry has a hard limit by immigration levels.

BTW, life gets really hard really fast once you are out of status and your SIN expires. Only jobs that you have are very menial ones. You lose medical cover and everything.
And most of Canada is not a warm country. So sleeping rough is a bad option too.
The only option for these folks left is to make a refugee claim. Even that is not easy. It has been tightened.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
See the bigger picture... Elections are on the way. Promises made are having deadline POST election.
It has all the echos of affordable housing policies of 2021.

In the longer run, Canada has to get more warm bodies. They have no other option. They have too small of population for a too big of resources and landmass.
Well, as a new COPR holder, I guess reducing immigration and temporary workers is beneficial for me? :p

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well, as a new COPR holder, I guess reducing immigration and temporary workers is beneficial for me? :p
It depends.

Do you have a job already?
Are you married or in a committed relationship already?
Do you plan to start a business?
Do you have a decent amount of funds that you are looking to invest?
Is your ethnicity small or large?
Do you have a family back home you want to get here, eventually?
Do you plan to own a house or more properties?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Rents need to come down first for this change to be meaningful. Come here and see how expensive everything is and you will plan to leave soon after.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Most probably they will reduce the general draw quota for CEC draws.. But I guess those who get picked on general draws are mostly CEC anyways.. It's unlikely for outland applicants to get 500+ CRS..
No matter what they do, the total quota for economic class is around 285,000 or so. Even in a hypothetical scenario where every temporary migrant wants to get PR and the Canadian government allots the entire annual quota to all inland applicants, it would take about 7 to 8 years to clear the total number, assuming all 2.5 million still have status. There’s absolutely no way they’re going to grant PR to every PGWP holder or international student who wishes to stay. No matter what they do, they have to come to terms with the fact that those who cannot stay, will have to go back and they will have to enforce immigration laws on those who don’t go back. This government is dumb as sh*t and the damage they’ve done to the immigration system is immense.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Those who are out of status, can not apply for PR inland. Secondly, Express Entry has a hard limit by immigration levels.

BTW, life gets really hard really fast once you are out of status and your SIN expires. Only jobs that you have are very menial ones. You lose medical cover and everything.
And most of Canada is not a warm country. So sleeping rough is a bad option too.
The only option for these folks left is to make a refugee claim. Even that is not easy. It has been tightened.
There’s data showing that there are around 600,000 people who are in Canada without any valid status. Those in student visas and expired work permits. These people have still not been removed from Canada and they are protesting for status lol. There are currently 2,500,000 people over here on a temporary basis. Assuming that only 1.8 million want to get PR, which most of them won’t, that’s a huge amount of people who could end up being undocumented if they decide not to go back. That’s a huge mess the Liberals are going to dump on the Conservative government, if and when they win.