+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Is it possible that the next immigration plan will raise the total quota for economic class so that more TR to PR? (Which won't affect infrastructure or housing)?

Last edited:

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Or it could be that they don’t have the resources to deport the people who have not left or don’t plan on leaving after their permit runs out and blanket amnesty programs like those seen in the US will shatter whatever opinion the public had about Canada’s immigration system. They want to use more express entry draws to make them permanent so that it shows the public that they can control the flow of people. These guys ruined a very good system with their stupid ad hoc programs. 2.5 million people in the country on a temporary basis but economic quotas are only around 110,000 or 150,000, out of which, a certain percentage of people will be coming from outside the country. There’s absolutely no way they can make all of these people permanent residents in a few years or even a decade. Once these guys are out of status, what then? They are probably expecting that these people will leave once their status runs out. I’m expecting the next government to enforce deportation of overstayers.
Yeah. One of the main reasons I learned French and finished my Masters overseas was because I believed that the Canadian point based system was fair compared to Europe. In EU, you need sponsorship, wait for 5 years and then apply for PR. Mind you, most people study there as well for a few years so the total time is around 8-10 years from your first visa to PR. And then you have to wait for citizenship as well.

On the other hand, you see people coming from Somalia, Iraq, and other African and Middle Eastern countries who apply for a refugee status on day one. Usually they get a residence permit for five years with open work permission and automatically after 5 years they qualify for PR and shortly after that for citizenship. I remember when I was boarding my flight in Belgium and there was this Afghani dude was going back to Kabul on his Belgian passport. I asked him how he became a citizen and his response was asylum! I asked him why he's going back to the country where he fears prosecution and he said "but this was all for immigration purposes". I mean the naked audacity of such folks, and mind you there are millions and millions of them in Europe. That is one place where they actively encourage false asylum claims while making the process unbearable for well educated and qualified legal immigrants. I've seen so many people from places like Sudan, etc walking around with their red EU passports.

So yeah, in that way the Canadian system was transparent and fair. I knew that if I learned French, it would already help a lot! It took me a few years to get a good score and within those two years. it seems that the entire immigration system is in shambles due to Trudeau's policies during and after covid. Especially the one where he mass approved tourist visas and now all these people are claiming refugee status. I was whining earlier on whether or not if it's even worth it to go to Canada considering that every post on social media concerning Indians in Canada get 1000+ hate comments. Also had a friend who visited London Ontario recently and was racially abused multiple times. Of course, there are much better cities in Canada than London but things are certainly getting pretty crazy out there.

Thankfully people like Taran, Gandibaat and Isaidgoodday reassured me that it's only an online problem (for now). I truly feel bad for all the recent PRs like me who had so much confidence in the Canadian system. If I restart my journey for Europe now, then I'm looking at around 10 years to get that red EU passport. If I go to Canada at least I can be a citizen in three years, but then again the employment market is completely saturated with international students from diploma mill colleges who have unlimited work rights and most of them won't be happy if they don't get their PR. It is certainly going to be a mess once their PGWPs start expiring in a few years!

New PR holders like myself and others have some really interesting and hard choices ahead of them.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I was whining earlier on whether or not if it's even worth it to go to Canada considering that every post on social media concerning Indians in Canada get 1000+ hate comments. Also had a friend who visited London Ontario recently and was racially abused multiple times. Of course, there are much better cities in Canada than London but things are certainly getting pretty crazy out there.

Thankfully people like Taran, Gandibaat and Isaidgoodday reassured me that it's only an online problem (for now). I truly feel bad for all the recent PRs like me who had so much confidence in the Canadian system. If I restart my journey for Europe now, then I'm looking at around 10 years to get that red EU passport. If I go to Canada at least I can be a citizen in three years, but then again the employment market is completely saturated with international students from diploma mill colleges who have unlimited work rights and most of them won't be happy if they don't get their PR. It is certainly going to be a mess once their PGWPs start expiring in a few years!

New PR holders like myself and others have some really interesting and hard choices ahead of them.
I will only tell you what I have for myself.

I came here in 2017 as a temp worker, internal transfer, working for a FAANG company. My path has been smooth. Since then I had a kid here, bought my place here. And I will suggest same to anyone else planning to come here. Come here with you job, preferably with a reputed employer or an employer with whom you had a long relationship, bring some money or ensure your salary is good enough that you can buy your place in 2-3 years of coming here. I did that only. I did delay my PR because I was double minded about staying here long time. If I were in India I would have retired by now.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Federal government aiming to shrink temporary residents' share of population by 2027
Immigration Minister Marc Miller said Thursday the federal government is looking to shrink temporary residents' share of Canada's population over the next three years.

Miller said temporary residents made up 6.2 per cent of Canada's population in 2023 and the government is working to reduce that share to 5 per cent by 2027. That would mean a decrease in the temporary resident population of roughly 19 per cent, he said.

"This is not a historical low, driving it down by 19 per cent, but it is something that has to be done well," he said.

"It's a reasonable goal, I think it's relatively ambitious, but its something we have to crystallize over the next three years."

Ottawa will for the first time include temporary residents in its annual immigration levels plan, which is expected to be released in the fall.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will be conducting a review of the government's temporary work permit programs in an effort to "better align with labour market needs," Miller said.

"Canada's future economic vibrancy depends on those we bring in today, whether we like that or not," he added.

Employment Minister Randy Boissonnault said that as of May 1, the government will be shrinking the amount of temporary foreign workers that employers in certain sectors are allowed to hire.

The federal government rolled out temporary measures in April 2022 allowing employers in the accommodation and food service sector, among other sectors facing labour shortages, to hire up to 30 per cent of their workforce through the Temporary Foreign Worker program for low-wage positions.

Boissonnault said Thursday the cap will be cut down to 20 per cent for most sectors. The construction and health care sectors will continue to be allowed to hire up to 30 per cent of their workers through the program. Seasonal industries, such as agriculture, fishing and tourism, are exempted from a cap during their peak seasons.

The government also will make changes to its labour market impact assessments (LMIA) application program. Employers looking to hire a foreign worker are required to apply for an LMIA.

But Boissonnault said new LMIAs issued will only apply for six months, instead of the current time limit of one year. The government will place more stringent requirements on employers to prove they've exhausted local options — including hiring asylum seekers with valid work permits.

"The temporary foreign worker program is a last resort. We expect businesses and business owners to exhaust every option and work to prioritize workers here in Canada before applying for temporary foreign workers," Boissonnault said.

The government announced a two-year cap on international student permits in January.

Miller said that the cap on international students will contribute to the 5 per cent target.

"We are just now starting to get some control over the student category, which is a very large part of that," he said.

Miller said he will convene a meeting with his provincial and territorial counterparts in May to discuss the five per cent reduction target.

In December, Statistics Canada said the country's population grew by more than 430,000 during the third quarter of 2023, marking the fastest pace of population growth in any quarter since 1957.

That rise was fuelled by international migration, including about 313,000 non-permanent residents who came to the country from July to September.

StatsCan says those non-permanent residents were mostly people who held work and study permits, and to a lesser extent refugee claimants.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi All,
My credential evaluation for IMT CDL from IQAS is going to expire next month and they are not renewing it for next 5 years for immigration purposes. They are asking to start a new application (send transcripts and wait for good 4-6 months)
I am in Canada as of now (Not sure how to again send the transcripts directly from the institution) , Do we have any alternative of this situation ?

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
I will only tell you what I have for myself.

I came here in 2017 as a temp worker, internal transfer, working for a FAANG company. My path has been smooth. Since then I had a kid here, bought my place here. And I will suggest same to anyone else planning to come here. Come here with you job, preferably with a reputed employer or an employer with whom you had a long relationship, bring some money or ensure your salary is good enough that you can buy your place in 2-3 years of coming here. I did that only. I did delay my PR because I was double minded about staying here long time. If I were in India I would have retired by now.
I'm not in IT so that is not an option for me and I'd probably would have to find something once I arrive in Canada. That being said, I'm hopeful that they won't do a mass amnesty of all the asylum seekers, expired work permit holders and diploma mill students. If they all get a PR, the value of Canadian PR will reduce significantly. But passing only three years until citizenship still is more enticing than spending another decade in Europe for PR and citizenship. Hard choices ahead, for sure.

Reactions: primestudio

GraceHamee

Feb 25, 2024
Please help on how to manage this. I received this from IRCC. Is it advisable to add additional money to the account to meet this request

Funds, proof: You must provide updated documents demonstrating you maintain access to the minimum required funds for settlement in Canada for a family of 5, being $28,994 CAD. This must be received at this office by 15.04.2024

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Please help on how to manage this. I received this from IRCC. Is it advisable to add additional money to the account to meet this request

Funds, proof: You must provide updated documents demonstrating you maintain access to the minimum required funds for settlement in Canada for a family of 5, being $28,994 CAD. This must be received at this office by 15.04.2024
In general, do not add fresh funds to account but show that you have funds in some liquid and easy to access form. The funds should be accessible to you and should have been there with you for sometime now, like six months to an year or so, possibly accruing over time.

It means you have another account or some other form of funds which were long running and in your name or in name of a close relative like a parent or spouse who is willing to provide you with a letter of support.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
There’s data showing that there are around 600,000 people who are in Canada without any valid status. Those in student visas and expired work permits. These people have still not been removed from Canada and they are protesting for status lol. There are currently 2,500,000 people over here on a temporary basis. Assuming that only 1.8 million want to get PR, which most of them won’t, that’s a huge amount of people who could end up being undocumented if they decide not to go back. That’s a huge mess the Liberals are going to dump on the Conservative government, if and when they win.
The data from 2013 also shows 200,000 - 500,000 people having no valid status (https://perlaw.ca/2013/08/09/living-without-status-in-canada-you-may-have-options/). It is now estimated at 300,000 - 600,000. Meanwhile, even before 2020, number of people on temporary status increased by more than twice over baseline of 2013 with 2018 alone adding close to 400K study permits over 225K baseline of 2013.

https://economics.td.com/international-students-canada

So yeah "lol", most people leave Canada when they can not get PR status. Living in Canada without status is very hard. As far as protest go, they can protest all they want. The entire premise that all or even majority of those who wont get PR will turn undocumented is simply baseless and honestly stupid. The people who are here know how hard it is to live on a low paying job. It gets harder if you are here without status. It becomes easier to leave Canada and go back to their home country.

Now Canada does not really have a history of offering mass amnesty like USA. It had limited programs in past where construction workers and COVID-19 helpers got regularized. These were 500 to few thousands. This time also, it is likely some folks in certain situations will get regularizations. Possibly in 10s of thousands. Not a 100 thousand or millions.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Further proof of what the current government wants to do: https://www.cicnews.com/2024/03/immigration-minister-declares-intention-to-have-more-in-canada-immigration-draws-0343605.html#gs.69etyk

Immigration Minister declares intention to have more in-Canada immigration draws

Basic idea is to prioritize and convert those who are here into permanent residents. Basically, lowers number of temporary residents and does not add new people while helping them to keep their immigration levels as planned.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I looks like at least STEM are dancing happily

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

anthonyk02

Mar 13, 2022
Are they really though? Because they chose the worst timing to conduct a stem draw. I really don’t know what’s going on with Miller.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Need guidance. I have got PPR and the address that it shows on the document Is not the one that I used as a correspondence address. It shows the current address which I mentioned while submitting the documents. Do I need to inform the IRCC and ask them to change it? Or should I just submit the passport?